Blue Bombers in Gold?

wheateater

Watching the Bombers-Lions Thanksgiving Day game on CBC, Winnipeg is wearing an all-gold jersey with solid navy numbers. They're wearing white pants with a thick blue stripe between two thin gold stripes. Is this a new alt of theirs or is it strictly a throwback thing they're trying out for Canadian turkey day?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I think at one point the blue jays wore red jerseys that said CANADA on the back. I can't remember what the reason was though...

That player's name is Tom Canada....

I think at one point the blue jays wore red jerseys that said CANADA on the back. I can't remember what the reason was though...

The Jays did it for Canada Day. Which wasn't today (for the non-Canadian set on here).

Tom Canada needs to make his way to the NFL and play for the Falcons and Ron Mexico...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Watching the Bombers-Lions Thanksgiving Day game on CBC, Winnipeg is wearing an all-gold jersey with solid navy numbers. They're wearing white pants with a thick blue stripe between two thin gold stripes. Is this a new alt of theirs or is it strictly a throwback thing they're trying out for Canadian turkey day?

While watching the game they mentioned something about this being the 75th anniversary for the Bombers. Maybe it was a once in a lifetime for those jerseys.

Hated them at first, but they do look nice. And what a game by Stegall!!!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

He sounds like a superhero from the great white north...

Ironically, he's an American born in Iowa and raised in Visalia, California.

Tom Canada- Import

Defensive End 6-3, 255, California-Berkeley ?02

Aquired: Free Agent-2004

DOB: Jan. 8, 1980 in Iowa City, IA

Years in CFL- 2

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I think at one point the blue jays wore red jerseys that said CANADA on the back.  I can't remember what the reason was though...

Thats really cool.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I think at one point the blue jays wore red jerseys that said CANADA on the back.  I can't remember what the reason was though...

The Jays did it for Canada Day. Which wasn't today (for the non-Canadian set on here).

Tom Canada needs to make his way to the NFL and play for the Falcons and Ron Mexico...

Even weirder, on the day last year that the Bombers signed Tom Canada, they released Tom Europe.

when the heck is this league gonna expand? i mean, nine teams, come'on, i know it's off subject, but this could be a really cool league if they had more.

They did have more in the mid 90's, but it was in the US, where outside of Baltimore the attendance wasn't too great. There isn't really enough population base to expand without being very close to existing teams or needing to draw from a large area, or risking low attendance once the novelty wears off.

Still I'd like to see a team in Halifax so it's sea to sea, or Quebec City.

That way there would be 25 team divisions. I grew up with the CFL being 9 teams, and there were years there were 8--so I'm fine with the small size frnachise wise.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived