Blue jays new logo

DEAD!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sick and tired of everyone hating on everything new that comes out. Very few things that are brought out these days is well-received. (Note: there may be a few exceptions, but the general trend remains relatively consistent.)

Well, just as a flat statement, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

That said, my opinion is that the recent logos and uniforms to debut have been downright atrocious (Falcons uniforms, Houston Rockets anything, Charlotte Bobcats logo, Denver Nuggets unnecessary change, the Blue Jays latest garbage, the Oregon Ducks flaming yellow unis, just to name a few) and as a professional graphic designer it offends me that stuff like this is being allowed. Nothing I've seen recently is deserving of praise because, quite frankly, it sucks. Until something relatively good debuts, (and nothing has since the Houston Texans logo, which is excellent in my opinion), I'd expect the cynical trend to continue, at least from me.

...and that's partly my point. I'm sick of having to hate most things that come out. I want to see a team adopt something that I think is really cool, really well done, and revolutionary.

The Cavs are one team in recent memory who did something like that, but even then I was disappointed 'cuz they would've been better off with my update. :;):

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

yeah .. the hat doesnt look too shabby, and I'm very happy they got rid of the red, but the jerseys suck horrible Devil Ray ass, and the logo alone lacks any kind of consistency.  I think the jay illustration itself could stand alone as a solid logo .. with some tweaks .. but with the type, its all too overpowering and just .. bad.

Gray caps??  ewwww.  Gray and white caps should be banned.  Gimme gome blue, boys.

Second, the way "a" and the "y" are connected, it looks like there is a U in there.

third, THERE'S NO STRIPING ON THE UNI!!  So, wait, the Blue jays now resemble the Cardinals?  Think about it:

-No striping whatsoever.  Bad move.  Put some blue stripes on the sleeves and yoke.

-  Contains a bird in the script.

- Surely there's other similarities, but I'm tired so I'm not gonna look.

The bird coming out of the J looks like the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx, a Cubs affiliate.  Both have silver shading on a tilted(italic)J, both have something coming out of the left part of the J.

Why are they using such a dark gray for the roads.  I thought it was navy when I saw the pics.

This, like the Coyotes, gets a thumbs down.

I think I could live with (not like, but live with) the graphite road jerseys, as long as they wear white pants with it. It could possibly, maybe, conceivably, not look too horrible.

I'm more surprised with how relatively plain the jerseys are...no striping to be seen, at least not that I've noticed. I haven't seen any in person, though.

All in all, it looks...I dunno...sort of minor league.

--Eriq.

I don't know that they can wear white pants on the road. My guess is that they will either have to wear all graphite (not an exciting prospect) or perhaps wear powder blue pants (even less of an exciting prospect).

i got a ron cey card when he was with the cubs...and at the time they wore blue jerseys on the road.  with those, they wore white (or cream?) pants.  only lasted til around 88 or 89 though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

My superiors told me they did not wear the new uniforms tonight because Major League Baseball said they were not allowed to.

I'm not sure if I believe that though.

The powder-blue cap is a fashion cap, they did not have any authentic game caps or any jerseys for sale or on display at the team shop.  

I did however purchase a couple of t-shirts, one does not feature the new logo in any way, but it's the new colour scheme.  All-black with "BLUE JAYS" in powder blue, and "BASEBALL" in white, with a Black/White/Powder Blue MLB Logo in the middle.

Apparently they had the new jerseys on display in the lower concourse, but I was working on the Club Level, my dad was at the game and took pics of the front and back of the jerseys, I'll post them when I get them.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ilike the cap logo as well as the script but get rid of the black jersey and replace it with blue... they are the BLUE Jays and there should be a maple leaf in there somewhere.

A little bit of black is good as an accent color (the Reds) but too many teams in all sports are adding it just to sell more merchandise.

The new logo for 2004 isn't horrible, the uniforms aren't so hot, but the logo's okay.  Especially the J-Bird.  I wish there wasn't such a dominance of black in the uniforms, but hey, what can you do?

I find it humourous that they shortened the name to "Jays" on the logo because "That's what the fans have called them, we want to acknowledge what they want" (Lisa Novak), yet they didn't add red, or a maple leaf because "we didn't want to add every colour in the rainbow" (Paul Godfrey).

Note to the Blue Jays, the fans wanted a leaf/red in there, not for the team name to be shortened.

The fans didn't want the uniforms to be massively black. They wanted a nod to the team's tradition.

I think these people are too focused on telling people what they want then listening to em.

Of course what's the real reason for removing the leaf? Not because "every colour of the rainbow" would be involved.  I know the real reason, but I'll just keep my lips sealed to protect my butt    :cool:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived