Blue jays new logo

DEAD!

I just saw the new logo on TV and I have no idea what to think about it. I can't find a pic yet, but the side profile of the bird does look good, but there this 'J' or something like it on the right side of the logo that makes it look weird. There is no red, which is a shame. It's black, blue, white and silver.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3DnbFAy8.gif

That's off the Jays' site.

Remember that article linked to somewhere from here that talked about the Jays' progressive identity destruction? It may be complete. This is a sad day for Canadian baseball fans who remember the glory days.

Darn it, if Joe Carter would've hit that same home run for the Yankees, he'd be one of the most famous ball players ever. As it stands, he's just another World Series hero.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like it.  Much better than the T-bird and eliminates the red.  Now if only the Raptors could follow suit...

Still won't beat the original, but a good logo.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

SyPhi...where'd you find it on their site?  I looked, and couldn't find it anywhere...the MLB Pressbox doesn't have it up yet either...darn it...

I actually think the colors may make more sense - if you think about what colors actual Blue Jays ARE.  However, I still would have like Navy Blue instead of Black.

SyPhi...where'd you find it on their site? I looked, and couldn't find it anywhere...the MLB Pressbox doesn't have it up yet either...darn it...

It's right there, smack dab on http://bluejays.mlb.com

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Honestly, I didn't understand what the big deal was in the Blue Jays having a maple leaf in their logo.  Montreal never had the leaf (or any French Canadian design elements, for that matter) and has had some very attractive logos.  Great image for the Jays, this more than makes up for the lack of red in the logo.  And as for the concerns that the logo would be too Royals-esque, that can also be thrown out the window.

I think it's safe to say that they've come up with a winner :)

QPR%20Sig.png

Ok, let me get this straight:

Jays have perfectly nice two-tone blue colour set with neat, if maybe dated-looking, logo.

Jays ditch said logo for a really awful (T-bird) logo, and introduce a bunch of red into their look. They do this for only one year.

Jays then change their look completely, ditching the red, and adding black... TO THAT THING.

Chris, what's going on up there, eh?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Honestly, I didn't understand what the big deal was in the Blue Jays having a maple leaf in their logo. Montreal never had the leaf (or any French Canadian design elements, for that matter) and has had some very attractive logos.

Actually , if you look at the road jerseys, there is the fleur-de-lis above the 'E'

I think the logo is OK. Maybe they could have had the 'J' seperate from the bird. Does anyone know what the uniforms look like?

I saw, I came, I left.

this is sad *cries in pillow*

the only thing worse for the blue jays would be to don a uniform without their signature split lettering, which seems like a crap reality impending. with that done, they will no longer truly be the toronto blue jays, just 'performing as.'

that said i got dibs on the t-jay! :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Honestly, I didn't understand what the big deal was in the Blue Jays having a maple leaf in their logo. Montreal never had the leaf (or any French Canadian design elements, for that matter) and has had some very attractive logos.

Actually , if you look at the road jerseys, there is the fleur-de-lis above the 'E'

I think the logo is OK. Maybe they could have had the 'J' seperate from the bird. Does anyone know what the uniforms look like?

Meh, so it's very minor and it's the only time in their history that they've done it.  Let me put it this way:  it's not the first image that comes to mind when you mention the Expos :)

QPR%20Sig.png

ok, thats not that bad at all as a logo

how its used on the uniforms remains to be seen though. As long as the primary color remains blue with minimal use of black it should look ok. That wordmark would look good on a jersey so long as its not 3D-looking.

Im willing to give this a chance before I see it on the new gear. I do wish they could have kept the maple leaf somewhere though

Meh, so it's very minor and it's the only time in their history that they've done it. Let me put it this way: it's not the first image that comes to mind when you mention the Expos :)

OK, how about Youppi! ? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived