Blue jays new logo

DEAD!

1. I like the bird head.

2. Don't like the script too much.

3. why not make a full bird, seeing the head, it has good potential.

4. those jerseys and hats look horrible.

5. BLACK JERSEYS?!?!?!!? WHY???  FOR WHAT REASON?!

those had better be just a fashion jersey with the logo/script just thrown on.

josh :angry:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOuld something like this have been SO awful??

Make people happy..add black...make it crabby and sharp...put your lousy weird "J" in there...but come on!!

http://www.north18.com/images/newjays2.gif

I know it's not showroom quality. But I was in a hurry.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

The logo was cool until I saw the uni.  That just soured me.  Those unis are crap.  There is nothing remotely cool about this.  This was absolutely not necessary.  I HATE BLACK ON UNIFORMS.  I say screw it, if everyone is going to come out with these black pieces of s#!^ then I hope the league abolishes thirds.  This is getting retarded.

You know, I was horrified by the first change to the Blue Jays uniforms and logos, but they grew on me and I thought they were nice.  I wan't nuts on the red additions, but dealt with it.  

My first impression  on seeing the new logo was nice design, but just bad, bad bad for baseball.  Upon seeing the jerseys, I thought the worst.  

I think the bird is fine, but would go better on a football helmet, not a cap.  Those uniforms just make my head hang low.

WOW! is that bad....

i don't even think i can pile on or say anything else about them other than just... they're bad.. not good.... opposite of good... which means bad....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Sterling, I am on vacation, but I will be checking in from time to time... particularly with regard to issues that so DESPERATELY need addressing.  

In a word... ATROCIOUS!!!

Sterling hit it right on the head. Toronto (Note: The BLUE Jays. NOT just Jays... I don't care what the press and the fans have abbreviated the name to. The franchise is the Toronto BLUE Jays, damn it!) perfectly captured the essence of a Blue Jay's cresting and color-scheme with the bird-head portion of their first logo. This abomination is so far removed from accurate that it is infuriating. It looks like a distant relative of the Road Runner from a Warner Brothers cartoon. Plus, I abhor the "trendy" abbreviation to "Jays" on the uniforms. And the wordmark font resembles something that the lifestyle-advisers on "Queer Eye For the Straight Guy" would cook up.

It pains me to say this, but the "T-Bird" logo was more acceptable to me. This is simply an example of logo/identity redesign run amok. Bring back the original logo ASAP!

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

Brian in Boston

*scratches head* Okay I am a bit confused. Those Jerseys look okay (okay mind) to me! (Not great but not THAT bad). Fair enough most road jerseys are gray. But that isn't a written down rule is it?

And the whole reason for the logo change is to drop the Blue from there names so fairly obviously the color blue was at least going to be downplayed!

Anyway I'm from England so what would I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow this is brutal. So they take the Detroit Lions color scheme, go with a horrible "throwback" typeface with a futuristic bird. I can almost be assured that they will have a black alternate and eventually make the BLUE Jays go black. Just plain awful.

With that said, I do like the bird itself. It's nice and sleek. But no multiple blues, make this look awful. We'll see all kinds of concepts until the Jays correct their mistake.

Oh did I not call the black alternate!  Oh I'm good.  The jerseys suck more than the play of the Detroit Tigers!  (insert puke smiley here.)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

In the pic the Jays have up...First off the blue in the logo looks more teal.  And the road jersey seems (dare I say) Anaheim-like plum.  Plus the numerals are the font of the Minnesota North Stars.

This is making the "self-proclaimed" worst logo ever the Toledo Storm look good.  BRUTAL!  Chris, please tell me that the store still has the 1997-2000 jerseys available.

One more thing and I'll shut up.  Is it me or does the logo look like it belongs to an expansion WNBA team?  No offense Chris, but it looks more women's basketball than baseball.

After seeing the uniforms, I think this has to be the worst indentity change the Jays have done. They are going to wear the new threads today. Hmmm.... maybe I should go to the dome and check them out. But hey, if the bullpen is going to be bad, they might as well look good doing it!

I can't believe they have a black alternate! I think the alternate should have been blue, that would look awesome! Funny, no sleeve patches at all.... that sucks!

So wanna take 'virtual' bets on when they will change their logo and uniforms again?

I saw, I came, I left.

How the hell could they screw up their uniforms with the new logo?  I was afraid the logo would be cool, but they'd mess up on the more important feature:  how it actually looks on a uniform.  This doesn't totally negate the change for the better that they made with their logos/wordmarks, but it comes close (hoping for future changes in their uniforms with keeping the new logos/wordmarks intact)...

QPR%20Sig.png

I thought there was a rule that a team couldn't change its logo more than once every three years. (I know there is in the minor leagues, I'm not sure it applies to the majors.)

This makes three logos in as many years. To me smacks of a marketing ploy.

(As I dig out my old cap with the white front panels and the little maple leaf over the blue jay's ear.)

1977blue.jpg

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Hah, I think the Rangers beat them to it as far as changing their logo every few years goes. It seemed like they had a new one every year or so for about five years. (I'm probably exaggerating.) There's no sense of BRANDING in baseball as opposed to, say, football, where you see a logo change maybe once every 20 years.

Slightly off topic, but since I'm wondering now, has there been an NFL team that has changed their logo to something completely new more than once? (relocations [Titans, Ravens, etc.] and the Jets and Giants don't count, since they had an old logo, made a new one and went back to the old one).

I have to comment on this.  The bird head not bad.  As for the rest it upsets me just to witness it.

First off introducing black.  Good work.  Now you look like the awful Royals do.  Whats wrong with Navy and Light Blue.  Works for most teams.

Now to the writing.  Jays?  Great job. Take a whole nickname and just shorten it to soemthing that loses meaning.  Then to top it off make the script writing hard to read and complicated.

In trying to be different they have accomplished soemthing medicore and redundant to say the least.  I am done on that topic.

Slightly off topic, but since I'm wondering now, has there been an NFL team that has changed their logo to something completely new more than once? (relocations [Titans, Ravens, etc.] and the Jets and Giants don't count, since they had an old logo, made a new one and went back to the old one).

Washington with the Spear, R, and Indian Head.

New England with the tri-cornered hat, Pat Patriot, and the Flying Elvis

Denver with the cartoon Bronco, big D, and Nike horse-head

It's where I sit.

Okay so it is obviously just me but I really really really dont see what is all that bad about the new look!!! Really I don't. It may not be the most fantastic thing ever but come on guys!  This is at least on a par with several other baseball clubs (Devil Rays for a start!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived