#2: THERE ARE NO #2'S!!!!!!!

NBA

#1: Miinesota Timberwolves

NHL

#1: Minnesota Wild

MLS

#1: Kansas City Wizards (only until either Milwaukee or the Twin Cities get a team)

NCAAF

#1: University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

NCAAB

#1: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers

NCAAH

#1: University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Seriously, where is this second favorite plop coming from?  That is not acceptable in the Rules of Fandom.

HEY, TWINS SUCK!!!

CHICAGO WHITE SOX (2005 ALCS CHAMPIONS)

choose_SoxLogo.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a wise lineman once said, just because you are a fan of a team, it doesn't necessarily make you a fan of the game. I happened to overhear him and remember it to this day...heck, that piece of advice helped me come to terms with my dual Bears/Packers fandom, though just in case I try to make sure the rest of the teams I like aren't rivals :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

#1: Kansas City Wizards (only until either Milwaukee or the Twin Cities get a team)

The Twin Cities has a team. Plus, Stand up if you hate Milwaukee! :D (And... boring, boring Kansas City... )

But, I don't buy the whole "you must hate all other teams" thing. For example, I grew up in St. Louis. I love the Blues, and have since my youth. But I've lived in the Cities for eight and a half years now. I've gotten to watch the Wild from their inception. So, yeah, I like the Wild, too. They take a back seat to the Blues, but I don't see why I should have to hate the Wild when the teams aren't playing/effecting each other.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

NFL 1: Chiefs

NFL 2: Steelers

NHL 1: Avalanche

NHL 2: Mighty Ducks

MLB 1: Royals

MLB 2: Diamondbacks

NBA 1: Bobcats

NBA 2: Nuggets

NCAA 1: Kansas

NCAA 2: Florida

AFL 1: Kansas City

AFL 2: Crush

AHL 1: Moose

AHL 2: Griffins

CFL 1: Tiger-Cats

CFL 2: Argonauts

And why not...

Blitz: The League 1: Crossfire

Blitz: The League 2: Reapers

MLB:

1. Philadelphia Phillies.

2. Minnesota Twins. They were nice enough to offer me a tryout out of high school. There wasn't much market demand for a 6' righty who threw in the mid-80s with a slider. Had they known I'd grow 2 more inches and put 30 pounds on my frame, maybe I'd have gotten a better shot. I still have the hat, salt stains and all.

3. Cleveland Indians. Don't know why, but I've always dug the Tribe.

NFL:

1. Philadelphia Eagles.

2. Miami Dolphins. Dad's a big fan, we spent a lot of time in South Florida when I was growing up.

3. Indianapolis Colts. Colts @ Eagles was the first NFL game I saw live at Veterans Stadium. Always loved the uniform.

NBA:

Uh... moving on...

NHL:

1. Philadelphia Flyers.

2. Carolina Hurricanes. Like HCE, I blame my days in college on this one.

COLLEGE:

1. UNC. And when I die, I'm a Tar Heel dead.

2. UNC.

3. William & Mary. The Mrs. went there, and I'd love to see them develop a better sports program.

4. Villanova. For Grandpa, Dad, my sister and my brother-in-law - I was raised in a VU household.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Twin Cities has a team. Plus, Stand up if you hate Milwaukee! :D (And... boring, boring Kansas City... )

But, I don't buy the whole "you must hate all other teams" thing. For example, I grew up in St. Louis. I love the Blues, and have since my youth. But I've lived in the Cities for eight and a half years now. I've gotten to watch the Wild from their inception. So, yeah, I like the Wild, too. They take a back seat to the Blues, but I don't see why I should have to hate the Wild when the teams aren't playing/effecting each other.

The nice thing about the NHL: you can always cheer for someone to win in overtime if you like both teams. :D

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Isn't the thread "What's your second team?"

It's not "should people have second teams?" If you don't have a second team, great, but some of us do, and you aren't any "better" of a fan than the rest of us.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I kinda stopped the whole idea of having a second team recently, but if I had a gun to my head and someone told me to "break myself for my second favorite team?"

Then

NFL

#1: Of course the Falcons

#2: Browns

NBA

#1: Hornets

#2: {coughHawkscough}

MLB

#1: Braves

#2: Giants

NHL

#1: Flames

#2: Thrashers

NCAAF

#1: Miami

#2: Mississippi St.

NCAAB

#1: Mississippi St.

#2: North Carolina

You don't have to HATE anyone. I don't really hate the Seattle Seahawks, for example. But this whole "having second teams" thing is bunk. It's sort of like someone said earlier, about 2 starting QB's is like having none. If you don't have your TEAM (singular), what do you have?

And as I'm still getting into futbol, I'm really only trying to know MLS first and foremost. I know about the Thunder, but that's a seperate league and whatnot. I'm still figuring out MLS, so I can't comment as much on my fandom there.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

NFL #1- Dallas Cowboys

NFL #2- Carolina Panthers (Dad is from NC)

MLB #1- Texas Rangers

MLB #2- none

NBA #1- Dallas Mavericks

NBA #2- none

NHL #1- Dallas Stars

NHL #2- New York Islanders (saw them play Russia as a child)

College #1- Texas

College #2- Wake Forest (Dad played hoops there)

All Houston teams blow, even the Astros.

newsig.jpg

MLB:

1. Colorado Rockies

2. None, I usually root for a team if I have visited their stadium. (and liked their fans)

NFL:

1. Denver Broncos

2. Detroit Lions (My dad is from Detroit)

NHL:

1. Colorado Avalanche

2. Montreal Canadiens/Ottawa Senators (I like hearing their games in French)

NBA:

1. Denver Nuggets

2. None

ua_logo.jpg

MLB:

1. Braves (ATL born and partially raised)

2. Mariners

NBA

1. Hawks

2. Denver

NHL

1. Thrashers

2. NONE

NFL

1. Falcons

2. Philadelphia (lived in Wilmington, DE for 6 years, it rubbed off on me)

NCAA FB:

1. Alabama

2. App. State

3. Anyone who's playing Tennessee / Auburn

NCAA BB:

1. Alabama

2. NONE

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

You don't have to HATE anyone. I don't really hate the Seattle Seahawks, for example. But this whole "having second teams" thing is bunk. It's sort of like someone said earlier, about 2 starting QB's is like having none. If you don't have your TEAM (singular), what do you have?

In the case of football, a very competent backup! Which begs the question "How is having a second team bunk?" Who wrote the Official Rules of Fandom?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Here's mine, if you haven't guessed by my sig:

NFL #1: Indianapolis Colts

NFL #2: Eagles, or whichever team is a big surprise (i.e. Cincinnati)

MLB #1: LA Dodgers

MLB #2: LA Angels

MLB #3: NY Yankees

NBA #1: LA Lakers

NBA #2: Indiana Pacers

NHL #1: LA Kings

NHL #2: Mighty Ducks

NASCAR #1: Jeff Gordon

NASCAR #2: who cares?

Golf #1: Tiger Woods

Golf #2: again, who really cares?

College #1: USC

College #2: Indiana

College #3: Any other Big Ten or Pac 10 school

WNBA #1: Sparks

(wait a minute, who watches the WNBA?) :D

Arena Football: LA Avengers

So yeah, basically anything Socal, except for the crappy Clippers :D

espnsig.gif

Seriously, where is this second favorite plop coming from? That is not acceptable in the Rules of Fandom.

Good grief, as a fellow Vikings fan, you should know you HAVE to have a second team. It's the only way we can keep our sanity.

It's an unwritten thing among SPORTS fans. A lot of you are LOGO fans or UNIFORM fans, but come on, ock, how do you call yourself a "fan" of one team when you root for others? Your team is your team for life (unless you have a good reason), rooting for more than one is bandwagon jumping. Your team is who you live and die with (not LITERALLY, Sawx and Cubs fans), who you have a passion for. It's not possible to be really commited to someone if you have "second teams." Bandwaggoning because you like someone's logo is ridiculous.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

It's an unwritten thing among SPORTS fans. A lot of you are LOGO fans or UNIFORM fans, but come on, ock, how do you call yourself a "fan" of one team when you root for others? Your team is your team for life (unless you have a good reason), rooting for more than one is bandwagon jumping. Your team is who you live and die with (not LITERALLY, Sawx and Cubs fans), who you have a passion for. It's not possible to be really commited to someone if you have "second teams." Bandwaggoning because you like someone's logo is ridiculous.

What if you only root for those same TWO teams? A bandwagoner is someone who jumps teams on a yearly basis.

I see nothing wrong with a person who decides over time to just abandon their old team because it's a laughingstock and there is a local team now that they can root for. I know one person who used to be a big Red Sox fan but finally gave up on them in 2002. When they won it all in 2004, he said "Figures!" and couldn't seem to care less.

Just because you say we shouldn't have #2's doesn't mean we have to listen to you nor does it make you're opinion any more important. And it doesn't mean we're any less of a fan of either team for doing so.

Besides, if one were to bandwagon because of a logo, I don't anticipate myself rooting for anyone from Denver or Minnesota for a looooooooong time.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived