What Teams Do You Love To Hate?

amare32

Here we go - spewin' bile in all directions...

MLB:

1. Braves. Even when they were bad they beat the Phillies.

2. Mets. Force of habit, back to the '80s and their curtain-call nonsense.

3. Pirates. Goes back even longer, to when they were battling the Phils for the NL East crown in the late '70s/early '80s.

NFL:

1. Cowboys. 'Nuf said.

2. Redskins. 'Nuf said.

3. Giants. They've fallen to #3 'cuz I married a Jints fan, and we've chosen to celebrate our mutual hatred of the Deadskins and Cowgrrlz, and save the antipathy for each other's teams for the weeks of the games.

4. Bucs. Ronde Friggin' Barber...

5. Panthers. Ricky Friggin' Manning Junior...

NBA:

I abstain, because I dislike all teams except for the Suns, Mavs, Nets and Kings, since they're the only teams that actually try to play basketball instead of the garbage that the NBA has devolved into.

NHL:

1. Rangers. It's hard to type that name without reflexively adding "SUCK!"

2. Maple Leafs. Movin' on up after picking up that soft-skulled doofus who wears #88...

3. Lightning. Never thought I'd say this, but we have a legitimate rivalry with a team from Florida. Kinda fits the "we don't like Tampa" approach.

4. Devils. The wife's a Devils fan too, so the mutual hatred laws apply...

5. Red Wings. The scars from '96 haven't healed yet.

COLLEGE (all sports):

1. UVA. That "other" Public Ivy school in the ACC, and a more appropriate foil for UNC. There's a palpable feeling of evil when you roam the campus in Hooville - that, and they ruined my 21st birthday (and UNC's shot at a coalition bowl in '96).

2. Duke. Duh...

3. Florida State. How Bobby Bowden has avoided serious NCAA sanctions baffles me.

4. Boston College. Go back to the Big East; we don't need your kind in the ACC.

5. Rutgers. For failing to field an even halfway-decent athletics program and allowing virtually all of New Jersey's high school athletic talent leave the state.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmmm, hatred.

mlb

first and foremost, the cleveland indians....buncha fluffin' ditch pigs.

close second, the yankees...everything that's wrong with professional sports

add to that:

cubs....loser fans, loser team

nhl

blackhawks....dunno why, just hate 'em

kings....same

nba

bulls.....the team that nearly ruined the game

lakers and celtics.....because i love the pistons

nfl

bears, packers, vikings....because i love the lions

MLB - Yankees, Athletics, whoever has Gary Sheffield.

NBA - Any team that has a roster full of thugs. Oh, that's ALL of them.

NHL - Philadelphia Flyer hater for life. Canucks

NFL - Packers, Cowboys, Dolphins, whoever has Terrell Owens.

NCAA - Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami FL

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

here we go...ya got me started :D

NFL: Cowboys, Rams (because of Martz), and right now the Patriots (solely because of Brady)...oh yea, the Viqueens and Lions :cursing:

NBA: Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Pistons, T-Wolves, Magic right now cus they shot themselves in the foot, New Orleans Hornets (I'll make it very clear: I got love for the Charlotte Hornets, not the New Orleans Hornets. George Shinn and his charmless wonders are very easy to hate)

MLB: White Sox, Cardinals, Dodgers, Astros, Reds, Yankees. so I don't plan on watching the WS much this year

NHL: Red Wings, Canuckleheads, Blackhawks, Stars, Kings

AHL: every team not named the Milwaukee Admirals, chiefly the Chicago Wolves

Arena ball: Storm, Dragons, Rampage (the last one stems from the days when Milwaukee had a team)

AFL: Collingwood

soccer: DC United, ManUre, Brazil, Italy, Cameroon

College: USC football, Cal State Fullerton baseball, Minnesota, UCLA, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, Purdue, Colorado football, Boston U hockey for some reason, North Dakota hockey, UW Stevens Point, UW Oshkosh, Carthage, Boston College FB, Markette

Semipro: Kane County Eagles, Marlboro Shamrocks, Milwaukee Marauders

High School: Horlick HS, Park HS, Milwaukee Pius XI, Oak Creek, Tremper

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Why all the hate for the Flyers?

In my personal case, besides the fact that I dislike my "hometown" Philly teams in the first place, is entirely my aunt's fault. When the Flyers made it to the finals vs. my Redwings, which even my roommate, die-hard Flyers fan, says was a fluke, my aunt just kept saying how the Flyers were gonna mop the floor with the Wings. I got really mad, partially because she makes me mad in the first place. I don't mind the Flyers as much as I used to, but my god, do I hate the Eagles.

What an intelligent statement. Jerk.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why all the hate for the Flyers?

In my personal case, besides the fact that I dislike my "hometown" Philly teams in the first place, is entirely my aunt's fault. When the Flyers made it to the finals vs. my Redwings, which even my roommate, die-hard Flyers fan, says was a fluke, my aunt just kept saying how the Flyers were gonna mop the floor with the Wings. I got really mad, partially because she makes me mad in the first place. I don't mind the Flyers as much as I used to, but my god, do I hate the Eagles.

And who won that Flyers-Red Wings series?

I remember a bunch of LFyer fans predicting a sweep.

Well they were right-sort of...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

What an intelligent statement. Jerk.

I wouldnt say EVERY team...I cant really pick out a 'thug' on the Mavericks, Suns, or the Spurs...I am sure there are other teams that dont really have many thugs but I am a west coast guy so I just used the examples close to home...but I do agree there are ALOT of thugs in the NBA...(ie. the entire Pacers team and Pistons) and PLEASE dont take this the wrong way man, but in the short time I have been on these boards I have seen you take many comments and turn them into a racial argument...I know you didnt do it bluntly on this thread but to me it seems that you took the term 'thug' and automaticly thought he was reffering to the Black NBA players...not all of them, but the more 'urban' ones...please dont take this the wrong way, I just feel that you really like to change things into racial discussions...

PopHeading-1.gif

NCAA

Franklin & Marshall

Now what can one possibly have against a team nicknamed the Diplomats?

Wait, wait...someone actually knows of F&M? It's located in my hometown.

Yep, I do Shumway...:D

<---Proud alum of York College Of Pennsylvania (class of 98 B) )....we'd always play 'em in hoops and get our butts kicked :lol: However, seems as of late the shoe is on the other foot as the Spartans have started taking the Dip-s***ts out behind the 'shed ^_^

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived