G-A-R-C-I-A

Shumway

Finally, Joseph(Harrington) sits the bench and look what happens: no interceptions! A Lions QB actually threw for over 200 yards this season. Well, I think Joey got 206 once this year. I couldn't be happier right now, well, unless the Angels and Cards were in the World Series.

Don't worry, as long as either of those guys can tear up the rest of the NFC North. :D

(But my pick is still the Bears; they understand a foreign concept in Minnesota and the rest of the NFC North... something called "defense".)

In Minnesota's defense... they tried.

IUe6Hvh.png

We all know that Garcia came to Detroit to take the starting job.

No, Garcia was signed by Detroit for 2 reasons:

1. To be competent backup to Harrington should an injury occur.

2. To bring some competetion to camp and the regular season to get Joey's ass in gear.

Doesn't anyone read the papers and news sites anymore or do we just make information that we THINK is right? :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Detroit beat the Browns, okay. Let's not get all carried away. Garcia didn't play that well, but Cleveland is terrible...let's just see what happens when the Lions and Garcia play a tough team.

IIRC, Jeff Garcia has been released in the last two offseasons, let's not go thinking he's the second coming of Jesus or something.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The title of the thread reminds me of something.....why are Northerners so fascinated with cheers spelling out their team name?  Eagles, Jets, Mets.....just to name a few.....

Because we can spell our team name unlike the Southerners ^_^:P

No, because you need people to help you remember who you're rooting for.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

We all know that Garcia came to Detroit to take the starting job.

No, Garcia was signed by Detroit for 2 reasons:

1. To be competent backup to Harrington should an injury occur.

2. To bring some competetion to camp and the regular season to get Joey's ass in gear.

Doesn't anyone read the papers and news sites anymore or do we just make information that we THINK is right? :P

i was always a fan of making up my own news.. but... hey, that's me....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Detroit beat the Browns, okay. Let's not get all carried away. Garcia didn't play that well, but Cleveland is terrible...let's just see what happens when the Lions and Garcia play a tough team.

IIRC, Jeff Garcia has been released in the last two offseasons, let's not go thinking he's the second coming of Jesus or something.

Well, $20 says Harrington would've thrown at least 2 INTs vs. the Browns.

Back to the title of this thread....

It's about time???

Tme for what? Time for garcia to throw the game away?

I just read Gracia lost the game to Chicago by throwing a pickreturned for a TD by Tillman in overtime.

This game was so big for Detroit.

Anyone who saw the game please tell me about it. Stupid FOX aired the entire Giants-SKins blowout and would not swith to another NFC game.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Garcia played a helluva game today, even though he threw the game-ending pick. He got hit around 20 times, watch sportscenter, those hits were brutal, and he just kept getting back up. Still, his team sucks, and the Bears survived an epic battle.

Oh yeah, tell R.W. McQuarters to *expletive laden instructional diatribe* :D

Bears win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Chicago 19

Detroit 13 (OT)

Two words describe this loss: TYPICAL LIONS :rolleyes:

Watching that Chicago-Detroit game and Garcia's two stupid passes late in the game (that basketball shot-like pass that was ruled incomplete and the INT returned for a TD in overtime), I had flashback's to the Cincinnati-Detroit game back in 1998 (aka Scott Mitchell's last game as a Lion). :blink:

Well, Garcia is in and the Lions have gone 1-1 with him under center. He had two decent games, but the offense still resembles a Ford product: Broke down on the side of the road. Sooooooo, can we now start blaming Steve Mariucci's offensive play-calling? :mad:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived