Montreal Rockets

shadesofblack

I like that a lot, very clever logo idea, and it looks nice for it being done in MS Paint, the only thing i would change is the font on the hat logos. Other then that, it's a really cool concept, I really like how you incorporated the fleur de lis in the logo. Nice Work!

Wow. That vibrator has really big wings.

(Hint Hint: It's a bit phallic)

concept is creative / dynamic ... unfortunately, it looks like a banana being peeled open. perhaps sharpen the rocket, or curl the bottom leaves more ?

When I was about 13-14 years old (1981 or so), I created a logo for a friend's Statis Pro Baseball (APBA/Strat-o-Matic type of game, for the unitiated) team named the Montreal Rockets. It was an italicized capital M with a rocket in place of the righthand leg(?) of the M and some motion lines coming out of the bottom of the rocket. I don't remember the colors except that the original was done in blue ballpoint pen. It was a close second as my favorite to my own San Antonio Mavericks logo (old west style SA over a wordmark in a font that I hand-copied from, of all things, the promos for "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" -- yes, I am getting old). Those colors were ice blue, silver and red (think old Houston Oilers -- late 60s-early 70s). They may both still exist in a closet or attic somewhere, but I'm not sure.

Don't ask me to recreate the Rockets logo. I am definitely more of an idea man than an artist (and (1) the best thing I have at my disposal is MS Paint, which I have never played with, and (2) being married with two kids under 5 limits the time to learn). Maybe someone could give it a shot for me.

As for this logo, which I what I should really be talking about, I agree that it is pretty phallic. I read the comments before looking at it, but you really can't miss it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

there's just something that ercks me about it. Not for me.

after looking at the logo, and quickly glancing at your comment, I thought you said "there's just something that erects me about it" heh heh sorry bout that

but I like the logo, but the middle part (aka the rocket) seems a little strange and mabye making it more suttle?

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Very nice.

How about some rocket flames/exhaust to give it some motion, as though we were seeing the rocket at the exact moment that it flew in front of the fleur-de-lis? Also, I'd go with the fleur-de-lis's curly bottom leaves, not the rocket's fins. Let the rocket have fins, but keep more of the f-d-l's natural shape with the rocket "eclipsing" it.

20082614447.png

Also, who cares if it's kind of phallic.. like the hidden penis on the cover of Aladdin--it's neat-o.

The hidden penis was on the Little Mermaid cover. Aladdin had the girl saying it was good to have sex.

Also, who cares if it's kind of phallic.. like the hidden penis on the cover of Aladdin--it's neat-o.

The hidden penis was on the Little Mermaid cover. Aladdin had the girl saying it was good to have sex.

There was one on Aladdin also. I think there's something on all the older disney covers.

One of the middle-eastern taj-majal style towers in the background is shaped like a penis.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

The first thing I saw was a vibe too. Good concept though. Bet it looked much better in your head. I know I have been there. Why would a baseball team in Montreal be called the Rockets? I know the QMJHL had a team called the Rockets there but that is obvious.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Don't blame him i chose the name for the team.

But i dont know why, i had a fantasy team called that once, i thought it sounded cool.

And by the way shadesofblack could you change it, just a little? I actually didnt notice it before, but i have to present this to my class.

Archived