Virginia Tech wearing "new" jerseys tonite?

willieg21

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And what did the back look like?

13ae.jpg

Meaning that the name plaque on the back overlaps the orange swoosh and really looks awful.

The worst part - this will probably help VPI's recruiting as a lot of kids who have no taste will go to the school with the awesome 2-color unis.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Wow, those jerseys were awful. Hardly "futuristic" and ultra-lame. Stupid idea.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

WORST JERSEYS I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVER. BAD COLOR COMBO...

That's the only thing you can't pin on Da Swoosh. They're Virginia Tech's school colors. Have been for as long as I can remember. Granted, Nike didn't do them any favors with this "Piping Gone Wild... With A Shoulder Harness" travesty, but the colors are VT's problem. Let's see you make magic out of traffic cone orange and maroon...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

a_vtechtd_372.jpg

"MY JERSEY IS SO UGLY, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME, IT WON'T COME OFF!!"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So did Tech have to make two-colored undershirts as well???

Nike introduced them at the start of this season. Miami (orange/green) and FSU (garnet/gold) debuted them in the season opener.

Nike decided that THEY MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!! as well as Under Armour, but with more hideous colors and patterns.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

jersey.jpg

The Gators will be wearing this against Georgia this weekend according to Gatorzone.com.

As part of a one-time promotional agreement with Nike, the University of Florida football team will wear a special game jersey for its game against Georgia on Saturday in Jacksonville. Florida is one of four schools that Nike approached nationally to help promote the Nike Pro "Tri-bolt" base performance layer, which will be worn under the shoulder pads.

"We are excited to be one of four schools nationally participating in this promotional effort with our partner Nike," said athletics director Jeremy Foley.

The game jersey on Saturday will have one orange sleeve on the uniform top instead of both being the traditional blue. In addition, the jersey will be lighter than usual and provide added ventilation for the Gator players. The jersey will be worn over the Nike Pro "Tri-bolt" first layer top.

Florida will be meeting the Bulldogs for the 83rd time and the contest will be carried nationally by CBS Sports beginning at 3:30 p.m.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

F the future if these are what football jerseys will look like....

The sad thing is that VaTech's best unis were the throwbacks they wore a few years ago with the shoulder stripes...anyone got a pic of those? I LOVED those unis...

Simply awful. But, it is fun to count the number of nike logos you can spot in these picks. I bet their jock straps even have a nike logo on them. :therock:

Seriously.

Despite their growing stable of monstrosities, Nike does make some nice looking products.

I'm an Arizona man and I think the Nike-made Wildcats' hoops uniforms are as nice as any in college basketball.

But the ubiquitous and always prominently placed Swoosh makes the gear almost unwearable.

Why don't they take all their performance enhancing yata yata and just put them on the regular jerseys? These jerseys really do look awful.

twitter

Archived