Penn St Vs. Wisconsin

Vertigo

Woho will win Saturday  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So this coming saturday, will be the game that will probaly deciede the Big Ten Wisconsin and Penn St. With both teams a 7-1 and very good teams. Penn St featuring a godish defense and Wisonsins well godish Offense. But Defense wins championships... So who do ya got to win Staurday?

3teamsigANIM.gif

Joe Paterno may deserve another title before he retires, but Barry Alvarez--Wisconsin's head coach--is stepping down this year. Paterno will have another chance but Alvarez will not.

All that said, I think Wisconsin will win the game. The Badgers and that defense sbould carry the day in a low-scoring affair. Home field advantage does not matter that much in this series, with the road team winning 3 of the last 4.

I am biased, right? Well watching the Badgers all year, I have to say that they have a horrendous defense. They let Northwestern score on 7 straight posessions. They let the Illinois QB run for over 125 yards.

Robinson will run for 200.

Sometimes it looks like something "magical" is happening in Barry's last season. But I think that while Wisconsin will put a few points up, they just will not stop Penn State.

I hope I am wrong, but:

Penn State 45. Wisconsin 24.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have a feeling UW can pull it off, but I know at some point we gotta actually beat a team instead of hoping they shoot themselves in the foot (Bowling Green, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois), and beating Temple doesn't count. Northwestern kept their rifles pointed forwards, not down. They didn't make critical mistakes other teams made against us, and that's why they beat us.

Penn State has played great football this year, they've minimized mistakes that have felled teams like Michigan, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

That's basically what this game is gonna come down to: who makes the fewest mistakes, reaction to these mistakes and what you do with what's given. It's simple, if you shoot yourself in the foot time after time you will lose. Just ask the Packers

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm rooting for noone. The Big Ten is awful and is just about as overrated as the Big East. I hope Northwestern wins the "Big Eleven" just like Rutgers will take the "Big Least" and earn BCS bids.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm rooting for noone. The Big Ten is awful and is just about as overrated as the Big East. I hope Northwestern wins the "Big Eleven" just like Rutgers will take the "Big Least" and earn BCS bids.

The Big Ten looks overratted every year cause they beat the crap out of each other all year long.

I'm not saying its the strongest conference in the nation, but I wouldn't compare it to the Big East by any means. A conference with Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State being weak?

You want weak, look to the coasts. Pac-10 and the Big East are weak and overratted.

I'm rooting for noone.  The Big Ten is awful and is just about as overrated as the Big East.  I hope Northwestern wins the "Big Eleven" just like Rutgers will take the "Big Least" and earn BCS bids.

The Big Ten looks overratted every year cause they beat the crap out of each other all year long.

I'm not saying its the strongest conference in the nation, but I wouldn't compare it to the Big East by any means. A conference with Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State being weak?

You want weak, look to the coasts. Pac-10 and the Big East are weak and overratted.

They all beat up on eachother?? Isn't that how ALL conferences are?? I mean, that's why they call it "conference play".

Since we're on the subject, here's how I rank the top conferences:

1. ACC

2. SEC

3. Big XII

4. Pac-10

5. BigTen

6. Mountain West

7. Big East

6uXNWAo.png

They all beat up on eachother?? Isn't that how ALL conferences are?? I mean, that's why they call it "conference play".

I think what he means is that in some conferences, there is a really good team or two, and they pretty much kick the crap out of the other teams in the league. In the Big 10, there are more than a couple good teams, so it is more competitive from top to bottom. I don't know enough about college football to know if this is true or not, I'm just attempting to clarify his point (hopefully I got it right.)

Oh yeah: Wisconsin will totally get Paterown3d!!111! on Saturday. (sorry, I just had to.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They all beat up on eachother??  Isn't that how ALL conferences are??  I mean, that's why they call it "conference play".

I think what he means is that in some conferences, there is a really good team or two, and they pretty much kick the crap out of the other teams in the league. In the Big 10, there are more than a couple good teams, so it is more competitive from top to bottom. I don't know enough about college football to know if this is true or not, I'm just attempting to clarify his point (hopefully I got it right.)

Oh yeah: Wisconsin will totally get Paterown3d!!111! on Saturday. (sorry, I just had to.)

That's exactly what he means. And it's a pretty good conference. I'd rank it third behind the ACC and SEC. The Pac-10 is top heavy, but there are about 7 teams that are not very good. Theee Big XII South is good but the North is awful.

And don't say "Big 10" and "Big East" in the same sentence. If you did a Big/Ten Big East Challange, it would not even be close.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Rutgers in a BCS Bowl would rule!

Heh heh. Yeah, I can see it now. By some miracle Mizzou runs the table, upsets UT in Houston (and upsets are the rule, not the exception in the Big XII title game) and plays Rutgers in the Fiesta Bowl. I can just see the large chunks of sky plummeting to Earth now.

OK, enough glue sniffing for one day, back on topic.

I think Wisconsin can get it together and beat the Lions. If an underwhelming Michigan team can beat 'em, I think the Badgers can too.

Archived