MLB 05-06 Hot Stove Thread

KennyRock

And that Koskie for Morneau talk is bunk. That's an idiot's deal.

Well then it would suit the Twins perfectly, wouldn't it?

It's an old rumour, from early October, but I recall it coming from a credible source. So go bunk yourself.

classy

no... 'classy' is calling my reports 'bunk'.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are wasting your time with this thread, all you need to do is watch the simulated press conferences on ESPN...geez

:D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

greg greg one question what are the Oriole doing.

The best part of these press confernces is the fake waiting for it with tehm talking to each otehr in front of the podium.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's an old rumour, from early October, but I recall it coming from a credible source. So go bunk yourself.

classy

Wasn't calling your report bunk chief. Was calling the idea of that trade bunk. But thanks for overreacting.

According to one executive, the Phillies discussed a trade that would have sent rightfielder Bobby Abreu to the Toronto Blue Jays for centerfielder Vernon Wells. The Jays, who are looking for a corner outfielder, turned thumbs down on the proposed deal because Abreu is owed at least $31 million over the next two seasons.

It is not out of the question that the Phillies could pick up some of Bobby A's salary in order to get him out of town. I pitty the team that takes him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone hear about a trade rumor that would have the Cardinals sending Edmonds to the Yankees for Cano and Wang?

That would deplete their outfield but he is 36 and making a lot of money

That'd be a stupid trade for the Yankees.

They've pretty much said Cano/Wang are untouchable anyway.

Anyone hear about a trade rumor that would have the Cardinals sending Edmonds to the Yankees for Cano and Wang?

That would be consistent w/ the Yankees MO for the last decade-plus, but would be incredibly stupid.

Let's see -- they've depleted their minor league system by dealing prospects for aging, overpaid "stars." That's left them w/ a hole in CF they've tried to patch w/ Bernie Williams, Hideki Matsui and Bubba Crosby. So to remedy the situation they trade their two best young players for the late-thirtysomething Jim Edmonds?!

I hope they do it.

According to this, the Cardinals seem to be in the running for A.J. Burnett.  This would be huge if they could get it done.

Full Story

Well well well, let the bidding war begin!

very nice, may the best man win.. :P

Who do you like the next 5 years?

Toronto: Roy Halladay, AJ Burnett, BJ Ryan, Vernon Wells, Josh Towers, Alexis Rios

St. Lous: Albert Pujols, Chris Carpenter, Scott Rolen*, Jason Isringhausen, Mark Mulder, Jim Edmonds

I think the Cardinals are a better team even if Toronto nabs both those arms. The Jays would have to land that and a fearsome bat to even be in the question. If I were Burnett, for comparable money I'd sign in the STL.

We know the American dollar is worth more. :flagusa:

According to this, the Cardinals seem to be in the running for A.J. Burnett.  This would be huge if they could get it done.

Full Story

Toronto: Roy Halladay, AJ Burnett, BJ Ryan, Vernon Wells, Josh Towers, Alexis Rios

St. Lous: Albert Pujols, Chris Carpenter, Scott Rolen*, Jason Isringhausen, Mark Mulder, Jim Edmonds

I think the Cardinals are a better team even if Toronto nabs both those arms. The Jays would have to land that and a fearsome[/] bat to even be in the question. If I were Burnett, for comparable money I'd sign in the STL.

Heh, well show me where I said the Jays are a better team then the Cardinals and I'll understand your point :P

btw, 7 years ago the blue jays pitching rotation had 4 cy young award winners in it and it didn't get us anywhere special (halladay, clemens, carpenter, hentgen)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

NOOOOOOOOOO! I'd have to hang myself if the Jimmer went to the Yankees. He's my favorite player, and I'm not a big fan of the Yankees. I don't hate them like most people do, but I don't like them. I do, however, like them more than Boston. Bring the Jimmer back to Anaheim...bring JT Snow too.

Full Story

I think the Cardinals are a better team even if Toronto nabs both those arms. The Jays would have to land that and a fearsome[/] bat to even be in the question. If I were Burnett, for comparable money I'd sign in the STL.

Heh, well show me where I said the Jays are a better team then the Cardinals and I'll understand your point :P

Just handicapping, my friend.

btw, 7 years ago the blue jays pitching rotation had 4 cy young award winners in it and it didn't get us anywhere special (halladay, clemens, carpenter, hentgen)

Too bad they couldn't all win the Cy Young at once. ^_^

Full Story

Ask cubs fans how far having the "best pitching rotation in the Natioanl League" EVERY SINGLE YEAR gets you.

Also, I kinda hope the cardinals DON'T get AJ Burnett. He's got great stuff, but he seems to be hurt. And starting pitching is the least of our worries. Get some outfielders. I love So Taguchi and John Rodrequez, but they are 2 inning bench guys. Not full time starters.

Sign Nunez first! Then overpay for AJ burnett.

classy

Wasn't calling your report bunk chief. Was calling the idea of that trade bunk. But thanks for overreacting.

And you were right. That would never happen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived