MLB 05-06 Hot Stove Thread

KennyRock

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to this, the Cardinals seem to be in the running for A.J. Burnett.  This would be huge if they could get it done.

Full Story

Well well well, let the bidding war begin!

very nice, may the best man win.. :P

Who do you like the next 5 years?

Toronto: Roy Halladay, AJ Burnett, BJ Ryan, Vernon Wells, Josh Towers, Alexis Rios

St. Lous: Albert Pujols, Chris Carpenter, Scott Rolen*, Jason Isringhausen, Mark Mulder, Jim Edmonds

I think the Cardinals are a better team even if Toronto nabs both those arms. The Jays would have to land that and a fearsome bat to even be in the question. If I were Burnett, for comparable money I'd sign in the STL.

We know the American dollar is worth more. :flagusa:

Well, for an extra $15M, I'd join the Jays, too. I hear Toronto is lovely in the summertime.

Congrats to our Canadian friends. Now go get yourselves a slugger!

Burnett's a great pickup for the Jays...suddenly, they have a pretty solid staff (Halladay-Burnett-Lilly-Chacin-?) a halfway decent pen anchored by Ryan and a somewhat solid lineup...

All the Jays need is another bat. Lyle Overbay and/or Kevin Mench anyone?

So far, if ya ask me...the Jays and Mets look to be this year's big winners in the off-season so far.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Burnett's a great pickup for the Jays...suddenly, they have a pretty solid staff (Halladay-Burnett-Lilly-Chacin-?) a halfway decent pen anchored by Ryan and a somewhat solid lineup...

Roy Halladay (12-4, 2.41)

A.J. Burnett (12-12, 3.44)

Ted Lilly (10-11, 5.56)

Gustavio Chacin (13-9, 3.72)

Josh Towers (13-12, 3.71)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If I was Miguel Tejada, I'd demand a trade and give Peter Angelos a big :censored: You on the way out. I know I'll be following him wherever he goes. What kinds of prick does Angelos think he is, promising to contend next year and letting all of these players slip by them. SELL.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Ted Lilly (10-11, 5.56)

That is so damn good looking. Too bad the batting order doesnt look as promising...

We will be fine if:

Wells doesnt take 2 months to get back into game shape and hit some RBI's

Hillenbrand can stay consistant and not run out of steam comming out of Training Camp

Rios can hit the ball as many times as he can catch it

Hinski puts his ego on the shelf and realises he does have some skill

Adams is not a one trick pony

Hill is in the Adams situation

Koski can stay healthy

Hudson can continue to dominate second and hit the ball a little more

I dont know who I'm forgetting, but I think thats a pretty good assessment of who we have right now and what they have to do in order for this team to support its amazing pitching potential.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ted Lilly (10-11, 5.56)

That is so damn good looking. Too bad the batting order doesnt look as promising...

We will be fine if:

Wells doesnt take 2 months to get back into game shape and hit some RBI's

Hillenbrand can stay consistant and not run out of steam comming out of Training Camp

Rios can hit the ball as many times as he can catch it

Hinski puts his ego on the shelf and realises he does have some skill

Adams is not a one trick pony

Hill is in the Adams situation

Koski can stay healthy

Hudson can continue to dominate second and hit the ball a little more

I dont know who I'm forgetting, but I think thats a pretty good assessment of who we have right now and what they have to do in order for this team to support its amazing pitching potential.

The rotation is as good as any outside of Houston, but that's a lot of "ifs" on offense. Good pitching is tougher to get, tho, so they've done well. Let's see if they win any other prizes at the winter meetings.

BTW, Javy Vazquez is still available. We'll soon learn what Josh Byrnes is made of.

If I was Miguel Tejada, I'd demand a trade and give Peter Angelos a big :censored: You on the way out. I know I'll be following him wherever he goes. What kinds of prick does Angelos think he is, promising to contend next year and letting all of these players slip by them. SELL.

I agree that Angelos is a horrible owner and has destroyed the team. But I don't think we can blame him for not signing anyone. It is hard to sign top players when you have had 8 straight losing seasons. Also the offseason is far from over. There could be a big signing or trade during the winter meetings. Not everyone has signed. I hear Ramon Hernandez is still very close to signing with us.

If I was Miguel Tejada, I'd demand a trade and give Peter Angelos a big :censored: You on the way out.  I know I'll be following him wherever he goes.   What kinds of prick does Angelos think he is, promising to contend next year and letting all of these players slip by them.  SELL.

I agree that Angelos is a horrible owner and has destroyed the team. But I don't think we can blame him for not signing anyone. It is hard to sign top players when you have had 8 straight losing seasons. Also the offseason is far from over. There could be a big signing or trade during the winter meetings. Not everyone has signed. I hear Ramon Hernandez is still very close to signing with us.

As though Angelos didn't have a hand in those 8 losing seasons.

I lived in DC from 1998 until 2001. I strongly resented the Orioles' claim that DC was "their market." It would have been less offensive had the O's put a quality team on the field, but we were stuck following mediocre-to-poor ballclubs. Angelos's own mismanagement was a huge part of that.

I'm back in Phoenix now, but I cheer the arrival of the Washington Nationals and the liberation of DC from the clutches of Angelos. Hurrah!

Sweet, the Jays still getting ignored... So I'll update y'all with the happenings of baseballs forgotten team (best non-new york/boston team in the AL East 7 of the last 8 seasons!).

A.J. Burnett was spotted at a Raptors game with Roy Halladay the other day.

B.J. Ryan (who apparently only the Yanks are interested in) is supposed to be in Toronto touring the city.

Brian Giles and Mike Piazza are both supposedly very interested in coming to Toronto.

I would be shocked if Toronto aquired any of those guys you just listed, but good luck anyways.

*coughs*

Consider me shocked. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

The Atlanta Braves have expressed interest in Edgar Rentiera and it could go through as Rentiera for prospects as the Sox have offered Kelly Shoppach and Kevin Youkilis to the Devil Rays for Julio Lugo.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Atlanta Braves have expressed interest in Edgar Rentiera and it could go through as Rentiera for prospects as the Sox have offered Kelly Shoppach and Kevin Youkilis to the Devil Rays for Julio Lugo.

Reports on WEEI that it's (Lugo for Shoppach/Youk) not gonna happen. Hell, if I were the Sox I wouldn't make that deal either.

Reports on WEEI that it's (Lugo for Shoppach/Youk) not gonna happen. Hell, if I were the Sox I wouldn't make that deal either.

I wouldn't make the Mirabelli deal either. Now who's gonna catch the knuckle for Wakefield????

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Now that the blue jays got A.J, rumors have it that they are trying to trade Miguel Batista to the rangers for Kevin Mench . They are also instrested in Lyle Overbay and Mike Piazza. Its guna be intrested espically in the winter meetings are here.

4kv29i.jpg

Now that the blue jays got A.J, rumors have it that they are trying to trade Miguel Batista to the rangers for Kevin Mench . They are also instrested in Lyle Overbay and Mike Piazza. Its guna be intrested espically in the winter meetings are here.

Batista for Overbay would be a good deal for all parties.

Archived