USA Hockey Jersey includes National Anthem lyrics?

ebod39

got the new NHL catalog in the mail and lo and behold what I noticed on the

picture of the new olympics jersey. There seems to be the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner

printed on the underside of the sleeve(s). This is certainly a new twist to these jerseys.

I blurred the zoom photo to eleminate some moiree pattern

but it's there plain as day "...of the brave"

USA Jersey

USA Jersey Zoom

Is the jersey in the NHL catalog listed as a replica or an authentic?

The replica jersey shown on NHL.com doesn't have it:

16vj.jpg

Neither does the replica jersey shown on USAHockey.com:

11su1.jpg

23rc.jpg

However, the collars on the jerseys I posted appear different than the collar on the jersey in the NHL catalog.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The logo looks too high on the chest. I'd say lower it 6 inches or so.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Why Americans even wasted their time with new jerseys is beyond me. They havent a prayer against us Canadians! Were taking home the gold in Turino.

And while they're doing that, the other 7 hockey teams will have remembered to go to Turin (In Italian it's Torino).

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

Why Americans even wasted their time with new jerseys is beyond me. They havent a prayer against us Canadians! Were taking home the gold in Turino. The logo looks way to high on the chest and there just too plain, I believe however Nike has redesigned many of the new uniforms for the olympics and there all equally boring and skin tight.

Please, everyone, stop this. Stop it now. Really. Stop it.

For the billionth time, this area here is about logos and jerseys. The place for rivalries is down the hall, marked "Sports in General."

Thank you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They were scrapped by the individual federations...Some countries had secondary logos..USA hade "Home of the brave" while Team Canada had 6 Gold medals on there sleeves...the new designs are not as form fitting..gone are the heavy twill numbers.. all jerseys are embellished with sublimated names and numbers....

gone are the heavy twill numbers.. all jerseys are embellished with sublimated names and numbers....

You mean dumb looking, if not downright ugly, jerseys AND cheaply made now too??

Sublimated names and numbers? Great, we've got bad jerseys and have now gone back 20 years in quality as well.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

They were scrapped by the individual federations...Some countries had secondary logos..USA hade "Home of the brave" while Team Canada had 6 Gold medals on there sleeves...the new designs are not as form fitting..gone are the heavy twill numbers.. all jerseys are embellished with sublimated names and numbers....

you speak very affirmatively, as if you're the inside perhaps, please clarify.

So my guess on first protos was fairly accurate. Though I do take excepetion with any team "sublimating" the player name and number on a jersey. That's a big cost that most companies would not want to take. Again, would you please clarify your info, thanks.

p.s.: are you the Ironhead that makes leather jackets outisde of TO? if so I have a couple from

my Nike days, excellent quality.

I think Canada jerseys are going to go the 'good then bad' series.

91 Canada Cup=good

92/94 Olympics=bad

96 World Cup=good

98 Olympics=bad

02 Olympics/04 World Cup=good

06 Olympics=bad

I haven't seen any other countries other than Canada and USA, but the only word that describes them so far is ....... FUGLY.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Archived