Monochrome NFL unis

pittfan11

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I wasn't born yet and I think there are better monochrome jerseys I like monochromes like the raven's, jag's, charger's, saint's, ram's (finally), bill's, pat's, bear's, jet's, dolphin's, card's, seahawk's, bronco's, the Viking's monochromes back in the 60's had to be the best. Not because of how it looked, but because they were the first to do it in the common football era. (They wore all purple in the second half of a game against the Lions due to a mix up of both teams wearing white in the 1st.) I saw it on NFL films.

Generally, not a fan of it in the pros, but I second the all Black Saints unis of a few years back. Don't the falcons go all black occasionally?

Watch the MNF game on Dec. 12, when the Saints play the Falcons. They'll be in their black alts, black helmets, and likely the black pants.....

Chargers looked very good in all blue. I remember they wore it one time against Miami that was played in Tempe, Arizona i think. i forgot y they had 2 play there.

Wasn't it because of wildfires that were just outside of San Diego?

Correct.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

on a side note, when did the nfl allow monchrome unis? i remember years ago, wondering what the oilers all blues would look like, but there wasnts a single team doing it. only in college. one id like to see is kansas city

I don't think it is a question of the NFL "allowing" it. It was just that no teams elected to wear monochromes until recently. I am not aware of any NFL rule that prohibited teams from wearing them, but maybe with someone with more knowledge can set me straight.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The main reason I don't like monochromes NFL jerseys is because the players look either like children or superheroes. Especially the Chargers monochrome up above. LT looks like "Lightning Man" or something.

There's something simple and classy about colored jersey on top, white pants below. It's kind of amazing to think that throught the entire 1990s, excepting teams like the Packers, Steelers and Niners, every team wore a colored jersey over white pants. Nowadays, and especially compared to the free-for-all that is NCAA football, a little consistency would be nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow...hey aykay, when was that picture taken? Did they wear it for more than one game?I remember the Vols with orange pants and white jerseys on the road but I cant recall them wearing all orange...cool pic thanks for sharing it.

The Saints, used to wear white pants with their black jersey back in the Archie

Manning, era and black pants with their white jerseys. I thought that look would

better suit the Saints as alternates as opposed to the all-black uniform that they

try to pull off now. The gold helmet doesn't do anything for them at all when it's

time to wear them.

Don't forget about the Broncos!

I like the monochrome when it is used SPARINGLY!

On the other hand, Seattle looked weird when they wore the white pants opening week @ Jacksonville. Arizona's pure red was probably the worst, but the Dolphins were bad too! I also think the Ravens all-black fits them well.

berry_092203-2.jpg

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

Though I wouldn't consider myself a monochrome lover, I think monochome uniforms tend to look better when the team doesn't wear a white helmet. That's why I think the Seahawks, Rams, Ravens, Jags, etc., look better than the Cardinals (Arizona and Louisville) for example. All white combinations, however, seem to look okay no matter what color the team's helmet is.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I like the monochrome look once a year, and have liked almost every team that has tried it and used it sparingly except the Ravens and Jags with their all blacks and just t throw anpther one out, the Eagles black with the green, and heck even the white. But teams like the Broncos, Dolphins, Cardinals, Chargers, and yes even the Bears look good in them once a year.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Some are really horrible, while others look quite nice. In terms of which one I like the best, I would have to side with the Seahawks and their blue/blue look. I just like the color. The Eagles' and their green/green look is a good one, too. The Falcons' black/black look seems to stand out from all the other black/black combinations teams wear.

Wow...hey aykay, when was that picture taken? Did they wear it for more than one game?I remember the Vols with orange pants and white jerseys on the road but I cant recall them wearing all orange...cool pic thanks for sharing it.

It's a picture of Reggie White, so it had to be taken during the late 70's/early 80's.

Archived