Modifying jerseys

DGivens87

I just bought a Lee Evans throwback Bills jersey with the intent to re-create the jersey of my favorite Patriots player back in the day, Michael Timpson. So from this....

evansaltbluereebokjersey1.jpg

I hope to re-create this....

28_1_b.JPG

Basically, I'm looking to cut the striped part of the sleeves (which may be to my benefit - since Reebok replicas have longer sleeves and I have short arms), put the Flying Elvis patches on the sleeves, and replace the nameplate (using a royal blue strip from one of my old Patriots jerseys) with "Timpson".

So basically my question would be this: has anyone else attempted to try and do something similar with one of their jerseys? Let me know what kinda success you've had.

If anyone can help you, it has to be Exclusive Pro Sports.

Here's the quote from their home page. "T.O. got you down? Have your Eagles/49ers jersey stripped and re-customized with a new name and number for $85!" :D

Have any of you ever, ever heard a jersey letting place offer to strip and redo a jersey before? I haven't, and they have a whole web page devoted to it.

http://www.exclusivepro.com/strippingandcustomizingPage.htm

You might have to supply the Flying Elvis patches yourself, but you should be able to find those on ebay.

I'd wait before cutting out the sleeve stripes, perhaps Exclusive Pro might suggest sewing a solid color fabric over them instead.

If you need some help "thinking outside the box" these guys seem like a really good bet.

Jeff

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

A couple of things...

1. It might be very hard to get those stripes off of the sleeve

I really don't see how they will be able to do this without

ripping the jersey or using some type of chemical that will

possibly damage the material

2. You would have to replace the NFL EQUIPMENT, logo for the

old style plain NFL logo that's on the front of the neck line.

3. You would also have to take off the Reebok, symbol from

off of the sleeve

4. Make sure you get a NFL 75th Anniversary, patch to really

pull off the look of the jersey on the card.

5. And lastly you would have to do some searching on ebay

to find the Patriot's, logo/patch that they used back then

because it was royal blue then as apposed to navy now.

- Good Luck Getting It Done :D

I just read the info from the link and I strongly suggest

that you don't go ahead with this. At least til you see if

it's possible for them to remove the sleeve stripes and I

am saying this because I didn't see this anywhere in the

info that they are capeable of doing so. From what I am

reading, they only deal with jersey's that have sewn-on

letters or numbers mainly authentics.

If anyone can help you, it has to be Exclusive Pro Sports.

Here's the quote from their home page. "T.O. got you down? Have your Eagles/49ers jersey stripped and re-customized with a new name and number for $85!" :D

Have any of you ever, ever heard a jersey letting place offer to strip and redo a jersey before? I haven't, and they have a whole web page devoted to it.

http://www.exclusivepro.com/strippingandcustomizingPage.htm

You might have to supply the Flying Elvis patches yourself, but you should be able to find those on ebay.

I'd wait before cutting out the sleeve stripes, perhaps Exclusive Pro might suggest sewing a solid color fabric over them instead.

If you need some help "thinking outside the box" these guys seem like a really good bet.

Jeff

Wow I live in the same city as that place...

haven't tried modifying...plop, I don't usually have enough cash for anything that's not the $25 walmart replicas, and I don't own a damn one of those. you're probably better off askin what would robbman do?

me, I'd just go make my own. Shoot, I got a list of jerseys I wanna make (better believe it's a long one), and I'm plannin on grabbin a $30 sewing machine at target next week to replace the one I have...the spool setup and reverse stiching feature are gonna save me a lot of headaches, fa sho.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

that you don't go ahead with this. At least til you see if

He's not trying to chemically remove the stains...he's cutting the sleeves off. Read his post again.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

that you don't go ahead with this.  At least til you see if

He's not trying to chemically remove the stains...he's cutting the sleeves off. Read his post again.

Yeah, my first option would be to cut the sleeves. I have a few Reebok replicas (size mediums) that the sleeves are long on me, so I mean, I'll obviously see how far up the stripes go in comparison to my arms before I do anything. I'll also talk to my dad's taylor, who could probably help pull this off for me.

I do have a 75 Anniversary patch handy...I'll try and remove the NFL Equipment patch, and see, if I can maybe, just maybe, find some Apex One jersey sleeve patches. Wow, this thing is turning into a bona fide project...

It sounds like it would be easier to try and contact Michael Timpson and get him to give you one of his old game jerseys.

I wish you luck, but this sounds like a big task.

If it works out, maybe I could do something with my Red Pats #7 Hugh Millen shirt, which is now 2 sizes to small.

(Don't ask, it's a long sad story)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It sounds like it would be easier to try and contact Michael Timpson and get him to give you one of his old game jerseys.

If it works out, maybe I could do something with my Red Pats #7 Hugh Millen shirt, which is now 2 sizes to small.

Rmered, you just inspired me my friend. At the same time I will continue with trying to re-create Timpson's jersey, I just googled him and he is the head football coach for a high school team in Florida.

Do you guys think it's worth a shot to e-mail him and ask him if he could send me a jersey? I'll tell him he was my favorite player as a kid, and I've never been able to find a jersey of his for sale....what do you think?

Rmered, you just inspired me my friend. At the same time I will continue with trying to re-create Timpson's jersey, I just googled him and he is the head football coach for a high school team in Florida.

Do you guys think it's worth a shot to e-mail him and ask him if he could send me a jersey? I'll tell him he was my favorite player as a kid, and I've never been able to find a jersey of his for sale....what do you think?

its worth a shot. besides trying to modify the bills jersey in the way you described proabbaly would have ruined the jersey beyond repair.

My dad is the owner of Exclusive Pro Sports

So please contact him if you would like this done.

Then thanks to your dad for my sweet-a$$ Jevon Kearse gamer. After my wife and I move, I am sending him 3 or 4 jerseys in need of some customization. He does great work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Do it.

You might be surprised.

What can he say? "No"?

So what, you're at No right now.

I'd tell him you're trying to make the Timpson one out of a Bills jersey too.

I'd also offer to buy one from him, don't ask straight out.

But let him set the price. Don't name a price.

That leaves him the opportunity to give you one.

When his price is too high, ask if any members of his family have replicas they might have grown out of.

By this stage, you and former NFL receiver Michael Timpson are almost pen pals.

And he knows you're desperate for a Timpson jersey.

Good luck.

Bledsoe out of the gun; fires to Timpson over the middle TOUCHDOWN!!

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived