LA Kings concept

kroma

I'd never tought i would do a concept about the Kings, cause their unis are my favorite, but i tried something different, just for fun. First, i used the logo they wore on the horrible alt jersey they had in 1996(i think), the angry king, i think this logo was sweet! I tried to make a blend of old unis, with old+new colors and.... well just take a look for youself!!!!

LAK2.jpg

LAK.jpg

LAKa.jpg

the angry king was the victim of being on a horrible, horrible jersey...it's pretty easy to say it was my favorite part of said set of rags.

though the white jersey's blurry to me, I like what you did with the whole thing. the LA-crown alt logo doesn't seem to fit well, but the idea's there.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Very Cool. I did like the "angry king" on those practically one time jerseys. I also thought those jerseys had a cool font too. Would the gold on those slick jerseys be in dazzle sheen fabric? Although not your fault the crown kinda looks like a jiffy pop when its done (To any one under 30 Jiffy Pop was "the" way to make popcorn before the microwave")

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Very Cool. I did like the "angry king" on those practically one time jerseys. I also thought those jerseys had a cool font too. Would the gold on those slick jerseys be in dazzle sheen fabric? Although not your fault the crown kinda looks like a jiffy pop when its done (To any one under 30 Jiffy Pop was "the" way to make popcorn before the microwave")

Liked that popcorn, better than Orvil's!!! lol!!!!

I'm just not feeling these. What they have now is absolute perfection.

Agree to disagree - what the Kings have now is wretched, about as bad as there is in the NHL. Number font is awful and clunky (although they finally changed the "Tomahawk 1"), the "LOS ANGELES" across the waist just looks wrong, and the whole design is overdone, trying to combine too many elements and attempts to be unique (quirky fonts, tie-down collars, overstriping on the yokes).

If they kept some of the elements of what they have now (the crown's pretty tight, and I like the present color scheme of black/silver/purple), and simplified the rest, they could have great uniforms.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nope. Getting your sports confused. The Kings of the NHL were an expansion franchise. The Kings of the NBA went from Rochester (Royals) to Cincinnati(Royals) to KC/Omaha to KC alone then to Sacramento. I guess at that rate the next city is Honolulu or Tokyo.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I'm just not feeling these.  What they have now is absolute perfection.

Agree to disagree - what the Kings have now is wretched, about as bad as there is in the NHL. Number font is awful and clunky (although they finally changed the "Tomahawk 1"), the "LOS ANGELES" across the waist just looks wrong, and the whole design is overdone, trying to combine too many elements and attempts to be unique (quirky fonts, tie-down collars, overstriping on the yokes).

I don't agree with that. I'm with LMU and think that what they have now is perfect. I love every part of it. Maybe I'm being a little biased, but i don't think I am. If it was that terrible, I would know it, even being a fan of the Kings. But I seriously like every part of their ensemble now.

This is a good idea, kroma. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. The LA with the crown logo doesn't seem to work. My favorite would be the black one. A good attempt to make a what was thought to be terrible logo look okay. Good job.

teamsnew2.png

Well with all due respect to the creator of this concept, I don't think that it would be fair to judge these by comparing them to the current logo. There is a reason that the current logo is in use...because it works and is distinctive. Does that in any way make this imaginative concept bad? No. We should judge the concept individually from the current logo, and talk about what works or doesn't work design wise, asthetically, etc.

I for one LOVE the current King's logo (especially the crown one) but I think this concept is pretty cool too. My design suggestion would be to play off of the dynamic King face design. To me it needs to have sleeve stripes that do more than they are doing now. Maybe an angular shape, maybe the can mimc the pattern of a king's robe, subtly of course. There are many possbilities. As my old design teachers used to say, before its DONE you have to have DONE it all. In other words, keep experimenting with the concept before settling for something just because it looks pretty cool. Who knows? work with it more and it can be absolutely kick ass. Know what I mean?

Archived