Akron Zips in throwbacks

footballfiji

I was at the game. Its great to really pound Kent State. The throwbacks were great. You can't get much better than Akron in the classic blue and gold with the A on the helmet. Akron was on fire, but the weather was colder than hell: temps in the teens, wind gusts in the 40's, wind chill in the single digits. The game was still great for the few of us who trudged out at 10 am for a morning game.

And may I say, Brion Stokes is the man!

Akron: MAC East Champions!

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

The unis are sweet, I love that old gold directly on the blue. They really look great in the snow, it adds a little something to them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Oh thank you for those wonderful pics! I so wanted to go to that game but I was out of town..I covered the zips for the student newspaper when I attended and those were thier uniforms at that time...it was great to see them again! It rocked that we destroyed Kent State in the game too! Maybe we should wear those "retros" again!

Archived