Cleveland Browns looking at throwbacks for 06

02Rover

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might be in the minority here but I'd love to see the Browns consisently go with the Brown shirt/orange pants at home and white shirt/orange pants on the road. Both with the thick black/white/black stripes.

Again with the black!

The Browns don't have any black on their uniform.....

these new (old) uniforms are fabulous. Football is about old skool and tradition, some one made a comment in this thread about the new arizona, denver, atlanta uniforms.........thank god we didnt do that. i would have never watched the browns again!

Maybe the Browns should change..they have been a "crappy" team for years........Bengals changed the uni's new coach...and look what happened! LOL :rolleyes:

SigMIN2.png

In any case, I think the orange pants with brown and white jerseys are nicer. Any thoughts other than knit picking on the black/brown strip?

I'm not sure if you were just soliciting further comment from Gothamite or not. In any case, I think the orange pants make the Browns look like 1970s era Burger King employees. Sorry, but I don't have pictures for the many members who didn't live through the brown decade, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

In any case, I think the orange pants with brown and white jerseys are nicer. Any thoughts other than knit picking on the black/brown strip?

I'm not sure if you were just soliciting further comment from Gothamite or not. In any case, I think the orange pants make the Browns look like 1970s era Burger King employees. Sorry, but I don't have pictures for the many members who didn't live through the brown decade, so you'll have to take my word for it.

bkuniformsm.jpg

Nasty.

bkuniformsm.jpg

Nasty.

That uniform is pretty heinous (worse even than my 1983 Chick-Fil-A uniform with brown pants, tan shirt and a multi-colored apron -- red/yellow/tan/brown/rust in varying sized narrow vertical stripes -- as bad as it sounds, but better than this), but at least it isn't orange and brown.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

IMHO - the Browns just happen to be one of those teams that just have to keep the "old school" look. In their own right- do brown and orange uniforms look good? No. But anything else on the Browns would be a travesty. Same with the Packers. Yellow helmets and the green/yellow combo would never fly on another team (save for maybe the Edmonton Esks). But it is unique to them and traditional, therefore it just looks "right" and anything else would not do. Personally, I love the Browns unis, even though I'm a Raven's fan. I would love to see the older version of the home brown jerseys with sock stripes and black shoes. I do not like the orange pants and really, although I think the white face mask ties in with the uniform better, I could live with the grey.

I love the orange pants. It's a great way to stand out in the monochrome and muted color sea in which pro sports is currently swimming. We need more color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here are the "official" pants for the Browns...but as it's been mentioned, I don't think that they are all being used right now:

ClevelandBrowns_Pants.jpg

Would it too much to ask of the Browns to try out a pair of pants that are.....BROWN?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Here are the "official" pants for the Browns...but as it's been mentioned, I don't think that they are all being used right now:

ClevelandBrowns_Pants.jpg

Would it too much to ask of the Browns to try out a pair of pants that are.....BROWN?

If they ever decided to go monochrome with brown pants, imagine all of the jokes.

Anyways, I didn't know that they had a different set of white pants. I just thought I was having a Geto Boys moment and My Mind Was Playin Tricks On Me... But yeah, I guess you learn somethin new everyday.

They only used the center pair of pants this year, if I recall correctly, even with the brown jerseys.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Thank you!!!

I would love to see the Browns add brown pants.

And you can count me as one who thinks they would look awesome in brown monochrome. :shocked: As long as the pants are all brown with no strips. Their brown is so dark that it's almost black.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived