• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is retro:

(1) Leather helmets with no facemasks.

(2) No numbers.

(3) No TV.

Retro THAT.

P'shaw. Retro is playing in Canton instead of Cleveland.

Retro isn't playing without TV coverage. It's playing without radio coverage.

Retro isn't leather helmets with no facemasks. Retro is no helmets at all.

You young'uns got it easy. :P:D

nav-logo.png

Wow, couldn't dissagree more with the Cardinals one:

kurtthrowhpdet.jpg

That gray facemask looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO out of place.

No, it looks just fine becuase it is inconspicuous and calls no attention to itself, as opposed to say, a bright red facemask. I know this comes as a shock to all you Bengals and Falcons-loving younguns, but gray facemasks are timeless and classy; they do their job which is to protect your grill. They aren't flashy, which is why they work so well. They look wonderful on every helmet they currently adorn, and they look phenomenal on the Browns' as well. I'm looking forward to next season if they'll be wearing those babies full-time.

But, that jersey is from the year 2005. Compare that to the grey facemask, and it looks like Kurt Warner's head is from 1975. The least I would've done would be to add white facemasks due to the fact that there is no trace of grey in any of the Cardinals logos.

Gotta agree 100% with Flame - 1975 head, 2005 body...just ugh...retro + ultra-modern = mismatch.

How about just totally ditching those piece of trash jerseys and going back to the old ones?

That would be a mistake. The new jerseys may be out there, but IMO are very nice. They're modern, but they're "good" modern. The old jerseys were to dated. All they needed to look nice was some sort of black/white sleave stripe, and black outlines around the numbers. Yet they remained plain red, with white numbers. I'm all for retro looks and throwbacks if they look nice, but the old Cards set was just boring, and the logo that went with it sucks compared to the new one. The helmet does look out of place, but a red, black, or white mask can fix that.

As for the grey fase mask debate, I'm all for them, IF:

1) ALL teams, no exception, use them

OR

2) Only teams with silver/grey in their scheme use them

They're modern, but they're "good" modern

Agree to disagree. They now have one of the worst looks in the League.

Only the Bills are between the Cards and the bottom of the pit.

This is totally against everything i stand for... but i really do like the new cards uniforms.

They tried to go wacky-modern, like the falcons and bills, but ended up with a servicable uniform set. I did not want to like them, but i can't deny the fact that i really do like the new Cardinals set.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I was just on the Browns official site. In the pro shop the brown jerseys are 1/2 price. As are the alternative orange jerseys are 1/2 off. The white ones are still regular price. Does this mean that they are definately going with the new "old" brown jersey's w/out the small stripes? And, are they going with a new alternative jersey?

I was just on the Browns official site.  In the pro shop the brown jerseys are 1/2 price.  As are the alternative orange jerseys are 1/2 off.  The white ones are still regular price.  Does this mean that they are definately going with the new "old" brown jersey's w/out the small stripes?  And, are they going with a new alternative jersey?

If a tree falls in the woods, and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

If the Browns go to their throwbacks, and no one notices it, did they really change their uniforms?

Seriously, no one but the 400-or-so losers on this board will even notice! :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Well, it looks like if the Browns do make the switch to the "throwback look" in 2006, the home jerseys are the only ones being tweaked. For what it's worth, the Browns home jerseys are all 50% off at the Browns online store, while the road whites are still the same price.

All the Browns really need to do is change the sleeve stripes on the home jersey to the classic style that's on the road jersey. I would make a white alternate that resembles the drop shadow jerseys from 1946. Check out this beauty! And a plain white helmet to boot!

1946.jpg

I like the BROWN/ORANGE/BROWN stripe better than the traditional ORANGE/BROWN/ORANGE. That's just a general uniform rule of mine, though: light color is surrounded by the dark color for stripes, generally.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They could've done a million things with the Cardinals uniforms. But they decided to falcon them out, and the results were, well...weird.

They're not as AFL as I thought they'd be, but I wanted something a bit more timeless.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

IMHO - I Love the Browns traditional look. I do think that they need to go back to the striped socks at home, however. Although I love the old-school look, I think that the grey face mask should only be brought back by certain teams ( Steelers, Bears, Packers) and like that they have the white face mask. I think if they switched to black shoes and changed the pants stripe back to the thin orange-black-orange - they'd be perfect.

Archived