Cleveland Browns looking at throwbacks for 06

02Rover

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GRAY FACEMASKS RULE OVER ALL, BITCHES!!!!!!!

I like the gray masks.

I don't mind them at all when a team goes retro (Indy, Giants) ... but having them on the Cardinals helmets, especially with their new "Falconesque" uniforms, is ridiculous.

6uXNWAo.png

Here's what I think the new Browns unis will look like:

Cleveland62.gif

The brown will be a lot darker but yeah that's the look.

I thought there wasn't going to be any sleeve numbers? If there are sleeve numbers, then I'm all for this little tweak. I have a soft spot in my heart for the old Belichick-era Browns unis with the sleeve numbers.

I do like the Brownies' sock stripes. Those need to come back for the scant few times a year they actually wear brown. As for the numbers, no way they're fitting on the sleeves with stripes as wide as Cleveland's. Up on the shoulders they will go.

And as for the grey facemasks, I'm willing to make a compromise; they can wear them, but only if they're all two-bar facemasks. You know, to stay true to the rich history of the team and blah blah blibbity blah.

(orange pants)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As for the numbers, no way they're fitting on the sleeves with stripes as wide as Cleveland's.  Up on the shoulders they will go.

Unless they let the players rock the sleeves like this...HoardCle.JPG

Photo from NJTank's site :D

I can't believe that any of you see this as a change. As the poster above mentioned, the Browns jerseys are pretty much the same as they have always been. There is not much difference from their current regular jerseys and these so called throwbacks. I don't get the big excitement.

I can't believe that any of you see this as a change. As the poster above mentioned, the Browns jerseys are pretty much the same as they have always been. There is not much difference from their current regular jerseys and these so called throwbacks. I don't get the big excitement.

Exactly, so why even bother doing it in the first place? All it does is add unneccessary color clutter.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can't believe that any of you see this as a change. As the poster above mentioned, the Browns jerseys are pretty much the same as they have always been.  There is not much difference from their current regular jerseys and these so called throwbacks.  I don't get the big excitement.

I imagine these will be a permanant change, and theyre being called throwbacks as reference. as for standing pat, ive wanted the white masks gone for years. i agree some teams look great with colored masks, but grey is better than white, while brown or orange are out of the question. white masks have always bothered me. theyre so dainty looking. practically any team could get away with this according to the "rules of facemasks" out there. does anybody remember the vikings awful masks? its an eighties style that'll have to wait until 2032 to be cool again.

I've been after the Browns to ditch the little brown feather-edge striping for years. That says more Packers than Browns. Maybe the team is finally listening to us hardcore old-liners.

They should also bring back the brown socks with the orange-and-white striping that matched the jersey. And with the white uniform they should ALWAYS wear the striped socks. The grey face mask is definitely "old school." That's why a team like the Browns can pull it off.

As I've said many, many times before, the Browns uniform, worn properly, is an all-time UNTOUCHABLE classic! It's about time they got it right! :D

Well, if they wanna be retro, why do they let the "new schoolers" wear the solid brown socks with the whites? They had the white socks on for most of the season. How about we go "retro" with the clear fiberglass masks :P That way we wont have to worry about color. One more time...down with gray if it's not in your scheme :evil: On a side note...how about retro NASCAR? Let someone throwback to a car from the 70's and race against todays. :D

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived