Virginia Tech Football Concept

AAO

Yes, it would be good to see Nike go in a direction such as this if they want to keep producing futuristic uniforms. The lopsided look looks ok on this design because its consistent over the entire uniform and not just on one sleeve, etc... nice work!

sig.png

I find it distracting when Nike adds the piping. But for the most part, Nike puts the piping along the seams of the jerseys and pants. Your piping makes a very distracting pattern (and very arbitrary, changing directions mid jersey and thigh), and takes away the focus from the number and name.

Piping doesn't necessarily make a jersey "futuristic", and it seems pointless if there's no rhyme or reason to the shapes and patterns made by them.

Without the stripes and swirls, you have a very clean design (which could use some pants striping, although not totally necessary). But with your added embellishments, it doesn't look experimental, but it looks like you're too inspired by Nike, which isn't really a good thing.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow! I want to say I hate it, but I can't. It's so strangely appealing.

I can only say two things against it, and they are small:

1. I don't like the stripe on the helmet, it just feels out of place. I understand the reasoning for you to put it there, but it doesn't connect to that wavy flow with the rest of your uni.

2. On the back of your road jersey, it looks like you missed a spot of brown on the swooshing stripe extention thing. I don't know what to call it, but it looks like you missed a little something there.

All in all, though, that is the best futuristic design I have seen in a long time. You know what, I would buy one of those bad boys if they existed.

Nike should get on the ball and hire you.

I just don't know about this one.

It is a good concept, and much better than the crap that Nike has been pumping out lately since it's clear on it's intent to be different from the get go and not like it was an after thought, e.i. VT.

But the overall effect just doesn't sit right with me.

I do look forward to what esle you do come up with.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

*runs around shakin head in disbelief*

man, Odds...I guess instead of havin folks ask what I'd do, I'm gonna have to start askin what would AAO do? :D

I bow to you :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't mean it in a negative way, but the color and striping scheme look as though Coca-Cola could use them in a Mr. Pibb revival campaign. Some will hate, some will love, but it gets people talking and thinking about alternatives - so for that I give it thumbs up.

In the real world I don't imagine the school's community going for its name on the players' arses, though. ;)

tzch6.jpg

i really dont like the piping on the helmet, but the rest looks pretty good....i like the stripe the goes on the pants, but idk if it ends on the inside of the legs or not......good work otherwise...

Could you show the helmet from a different angle? I'd like to get a full look at where that stripe is going.

i agree also, I might like it if it connects to the jersey

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

It looks Crazy! But I like it in an experimental way. The only thing I don't like are the stripes on the back legs of the updated version that bend downward, looks weird, makes a skirt out of the pants sorta. It's a fun concept AAO!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

wow, the tops on concept #2 is almost perfect. It feels like it combines the shoulder stripes of old (Lions/Steelers) with the stripes of new (Falcons/Cards). I do like the pants however the stripe is a tad low. If I were to suggest putting the back part a little higher. Maybe above the ass cheek instead of below it. I don't know it just doesn't seem right being that low.

As for the helmet, again good work on trying to be different and unique. Just like the ass stripe, you got it but maybe a little lower. The white part should end near the back of the helmet instead of 2/3. Instead of going for a Panthers length, take the stripe all the way back. Maybe that could help.

The only way I can describe this is, "Pretty f-ing strange." I like the experimentalism (word?) but piping is not the only innovative thing you can do with a jersey. Try color blocks like Cincinnati basketball, or two tone, like the Raptor's purple and black jerseys, or anything else. Piping is only one way to make a jersey radical-looking.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i really like how its not a generic concept with just switched up colors. but i like the random piping across the jersey very nicely done too.

The only problem i have is that i wouldnt really like a fat white stripe across my a$$. just looks weird but other than that good job.

Archived