Skins all white

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Joe "I Only Came Back for the Money" Gibbs Show last night, he was asked about this. He basically said it was Clinton Portis, who apparently has an unhealthy attraction to the all-burgundy socks, and the all-white uni is the only one he can wear them with without getting fined the amount of his next child-support payment. B)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

On the Joe "I Only Came Back for the Money" Gibbs Show last night, he was asked about this. He basically said it was Clinton Portis, who apparently has an unhealthy attraction to the all-burgundy socks, and the all-white uni is the only one he can wear them with without getting fined the amount of his next child-support payment. B)

Well, that gives me some hope that we won't see them in all burgundy any time soon...as Portis doesn't like the socks.

I'm rarely a fan of white/white when there is a colored helmet, but I like these. It's cool for a game or two. It's really cool for something different when you wear the same uniform 15 times a year.

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't like it when people refer to white/white as monochrome. The 'skins looked good.

What would you prefer people call a football uniform whose jersey and pants are the same color, even if it's white?

All-white uniforms are more readily accepted than team colored monochromes because the accents on an all-white uniform are invariably in the team colors, whereas the accents on an all-colored monochrome are usually white. But they're still monochromes, whether you like calling them so or not.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

what they need to do is wear thier dark jerseys at home and only wear the whites on the road.

(same goes for all other teams that wear white at home. Cowboys, Dolphins, Im looking at you)

Tradition is what's keeping the Cowboys from doing it, but the Dolphins do it cause of the heat. And it works.

Nothing thrills me more than to see a team like Oakland come into Miami in the first few weeks and melt in the Florida sun in their Black jerseys. It would be stupid to give that advantage of wearing white week after week to the visiting team. They still wear the Aqua jerseys at home night games, but because of their bad season last year they don't have any night games this season (you should be used to that anyways ICS :) ).

Plus, the white jersey is far superior than the Aqua jersey. Looks even better with the white pants.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

what they need to do is wear thier dark jerseys at home and only wear the whites on the road.

(same goes for all other teams that wear white at home. Cowboys, Dolphins, Im looking at you)

Tradition is what's keeping the Cowboys from doing it, but the Dolphins do it cause of the heat. And it works.

Nothing thrills me more than to see a team like Oakland come into Miami in the first few weeks and melt in the Florida sun in their Black jerseys. It would be stupid to give that advantage of wearing white week after week to the visiting team. They still wear the Aqua jerseys at home night games, but because of their bad season last year they don't have any night games this season (you should be used to that anyways ICS :) ).

Plus, the white jersey is far superior than the Aqua jersey. Looks even better with the white pants.

Or maybe the Denver Broncos in the first game of the season in September wearing very dark navy blue jerseys?

the name of the thread is an oxymoron in itself.

Somewhere, that racist George Preston Marshall is smiling...

excellent point...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

worst post of the year

wasn't funny... gibbs didn't "just come back for the money" and portis doesn't pay child-support

I don't like it when people refer to white/white as monochrome. The 'skins looked good.

I don't like it when they don't, heh.

Anyways, this look actually works well, and I generally dislike white on white.

Maybe it's the maroon socks that offset it, but I think it looks real sharp. Could also be playing in a dome on FieldTurf that keeps it looking so clean.

I'm rarely a fan of white/white when there is a colored helmet, but I like these. It's cool for a game or two. It's really cool for something different when you wear the same uniform 15 times a year.

Gibbs would wear the same uniform for all 16 games if he could, he's said that before. That's why I always say he should be forced to wear the same clothes on the sidelines for all those games too...including the same underwear. ^_^

Nothing thrills me more than to see a team like Oakland come into Miami in the first few weeks and melt in the Florida sun in their Black jerseys. It would be stupid to give that advantage of wearing white week after week to the visiting team.

The truth is that wearing white at home for hot games doesn't give much of an advantage...those teams have won 52% of the games from 2001-2005 so far, hardly a decisive advantage. I'd like to see the NFL put an end to this.

worst post of the year

wasn't funny... gibbs didn't "just come back for the money" and portis doesn't pay child-support

Then why did Gibbs come back? Certainly not because he had mor innovative offensive ideas to try out on the field...any team that runs Portis on 13 out of 14 first downs is too predictable. They have shown none of the creativity that used to be a hallmark of Gibbs' previous teams.

And I'm not slamming him for this...he's gettin' old and needs $$$ for retirement.

As far as Portis, maybe I just assumed he had kids out of wedlock like 90% of the rest of the professional sports players in the world. :D

As far as Portis, maybe I just assumed he had kids out of wedlock like 90% of the rest of the professional sports players in the world.  :D

Generalization alert!! :D

I would not be surprised if a study showed that the percentage of athletes with out-of-wedlock children exceeds that of the general population (though I do not profess to know either way). In any case, even though I know you weren't being serious, someone is bound to call you on this. Therefore, I decided to jump in to bring it up instead of letting someone else read the riot act first.

No need to respond, because (as noted) I know you were just screwing around.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived