New Uni Watch today

Ben5

those look pretty rediculous. Pretty soon, the NBA is gonna follow the NHL with new 'Sleeker' jerseys. Maybe they will lose the shorts completely and just wear the leotards.

Like North Carolina State and Seton Hall did some years back?

(someone's got to show the mesh jersey and the lycra trou. God, that was funny!

I think Kobe is just trying to be different and unique and a trendsetter. It's sort of the same reason I believe he chose to wear #8 as well, because no other player in history (arguably) had really staked a definitive claim to that number, and he could picture himself making that number synonymous with 'Kobe Bryant' much the way #23 is with Jordan, #99 is with Gretzky, etc. Lebron for example,--no matter how good he turns out to be--will never have #23 to himself because of MJ.

I think Kobe sees that MJ had the left elbow wristband and the knee brace below his left knee (except early in his career when he actually wore it on his knee), and Kobe wants to be a trendsetter going forward by being remembered as the first to popularize wearing tights under his shorts.

Bucky

• 2 weeks later...
I think Kobe is just trying to be different and unique and a trendsetter. It's sort of the same reason I believe he chose to wear #8 as well, because no other player in history (arguably) had really staked a definitive claim to that number, and he could picture himself making that number synonymous with 'Kobe Bryant' much the way #23 is with Jordan, #99 is with Gretzky, etc.

I always heard it was because his dad wore #23, and he decided to go with 2 cubed to be 8. 2 times 3 wouldn't work, since Bill Russell and Dr. J beat him to it. There is another version saying his dad wore #8 in Italy. Or Mike D'Antoni. Either way, it's not worth the fact-checking effort right now, sorry.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived