Why Cowboys?

lypator

Why do the Cowboys wear their ugly white uniforms with the royal blue colored numbers and blue tinted pants all the time? (It's a rhetorical question, I know the superstition). What I am trying to say is their road uni's are one of the nicest uniforms in the league. By the way this is coming from a Giants fan who hates everything the Cowboys stand for.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As another Giants fan, it took me a second to realize what looked so different to me about the Cowboys today. Then I realized they were in blue, and that they looked flippin' awesome.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Another thing I noticed about Dallas is their field art doesn't even match. Yesterday during the High School State Championship game they had a closeup of the helmets in the endzone. The Star and endzone were royal, but the stripes on the helmet were navy, why, why, why.

I like the Cowboys mismatch. I hate the team and all it stands for, but I like that they do their own thing, have basically two (three with the alt) completely different uniform sets, and no one really seems to mind. There's a certain level of arrogance involved that I can't help but respect.

Plus, they wear their blues so infrequently (basically once a year at Washington) that the dissonance isn't really noticed. If they were to wear the blue uniforms eight times a years, however, then it would be different.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Plus, they wear their blues so infrequently (basically once a year at Washington) that the dissonance isn't really noticed.  If they were to wear the blue uniforms eight times a years, however, then it would be different.

For me, it's not the dissonance between the blue alts and the blue on the home whites, it's between the blues on the white and on the helmet and pants.

I don't mind inconsistency. I love the Yankees uniforms, the Tigers and the Dodgers' look. They have inconsistencies all over the place, but it doesn't bother me.

This, however, is just a mess.

. . . no one really seems to mind.

Really? Then why does nearly everyone on this board complain about them if "no one really seems to mind"?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Paul Lukas mentions the Cowboys' mismatched colors today in his latest Uni Watch ("The Island of Misfit Unis"). Side note: I actually contributed some information to this article - specifically the Jaguars' and Rams' unused pants, and some info on the Broncos' Navy Blue pants.

Here's the Cowboys' color mess again - just as a reminder:

Solid Colors:

DallasCowboys_FRC_2005_SOL.jpg

Textile Colors:

DallasCowboys_FRC_2005_TEX.jpg

Paul Lukas mentions the Cowboys' mismatched colors today in his latest Uni Watch ("The Island of Misfit Unis"). Side note: I actually contributed some information to this article - specifically the Jaguars' and Rams' unused pants, and some info on the Broncos' Navy Blue pants.

Here's the Cowboys' color mess again - just as a reminder:

Solid Colors:

DallasCowboys_FRC_2005_SOL.jpg

Textile Colors:

DallasCowboys_FRC_2005_TEX.jpg

EXACTLY! :o

Being a life-long resident of the Dallas community, I must say that the Cowboys uniforms are indeed MADDENING, especially during the Jerry Jones (ugh!) tenure....

Their best look, in my opinion, was the uniforms worn in the 1970s, as the helmet stripes, helmet stars, jersey piping, visiting jersey, etc. were all DARK royal, not navy, not royal....

Over the years, the white (home) jerseys have become more light royal in the stripes and numbers, and when Dallas replaced the original dark royal road jerseys with the navy ensemble in 1980, it's never been the same. Since the "voodoo" hex dark royal jerseys were jettisoned, Dallas has had at least FOUR different (some subtle) changes of navy road jerseys.

I'd love to see the Cowboys return to the dark royal, with the metallic blue/silver pants that would actually MATCH the helmet PMS color for home/road games....

Jayworld

Can't stand the blue Cowboys jerseys. Why white numbers with white outlines? The Danny White era blues were perfect with silver numbers outlined in blue and then white AND no star on the stripes.

Only problem with the whites is the black outline on the stripes that doesn't continue through to the numbers. Either outline in black or don't outline in black, but not both.

I love the double standard in mismatches. Every aspect of the Cowboys uniform MUST MATCH EXACTLY CORRECTLY RIGHT NOW. But when somebody complains about the Nationals slapping a big loopy W with a bunch of hard angular 3-D block letters, people go "OKAY THEY ARE NOT THE DC NATIONALS!!! THAT IS THE SPIRIT OF WASHINGTON BASEBALL!!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I love the double standard in mismatches. Every aspect of the Cowboys uniform MUST MATCH EXACTLY CORRECTLY RIGHT NOW. But when somebody complains about the Nationals slapping a big loopy W with a bunch of hard angular 3-D block letters, people go "OKAY THEY ARE NOT THE DC NATIONALS!!! THAT IS THE SPIRIT OF WASHINGTON BASEBALL!!"

I'm not sure there is a double standard. From my time on this board, I suspect that the majority of posters also dislike the Nationals' mismatch. Maybe the dislike is just not as heated because the Nationals don't arouse the same level of strong feelings (love or hate) as the Cowboys.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Really? Then why does nearly everyone on this board complain about them if "no one really seems to mind"?

I meant, you know, "normal" people. And if you take exception to that, people that don't notice uniforms and only notice the scores.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I meant, you know, "normal" people. And if you take exception to that, people that don't notice uniforms and only notice the scores.

No exception taken by me, but careful where you say that around these parts. :P As for my tastes, the mismatched colors didn't really bother me that much until everyone pointed it out. I just thought things were a little off, not a lot off, but I was busy "notic[ing] the scores." Now it bothers me more because I know better . . . and because it would be very easy to at least match the colors (the styles are not that big a deal to me).

Archived