Favorite Minor League Baseball cap?

HatManTC

P0054191.jpg

finally this one because its based off the hat from the Simpsons where Burns hired the Ringers for his softball team

Apparently, you've never seen the Simpsons. Burns hired MLB ringers for his softball team. In a separate episode, years later, the Springfield Isotopes were going to be moved to Albequerque, but Homer's hunger strike stopped that. But again, you've never seen the Simpsons, so you wouldn't have known that.

I'll be quirky...Albequerque!

Thanks for making the correction, my head almost exploded when I read it. It is impossible to confuse ?Homer at the Bat? from season three (1992) with Mr. Burns? ringer powerplant softball team and ?Hungry, Hungry Homer? from season twelve (2001) when Henry K. Duff VIII attempts to move the Springfield Isotopes to Albuquerque. How could this possibly be confused?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am big NEW ERA supporter every thing else is just not deep enough for me

-whew- I am NOT alone! I can barely wear anything from Lids anymore, cause everything is flex fit, or 'three sizes fit all."

I need a 7 5/8 with a deep fit. If i could find someone to make Franchise-type hats (washed, soft, no structure behind the embroidery) but in real sizes, in a deeper style, I'd buy a hundred.

I have a new era Georgia Tech cap that i lvoe, but can't find a replacement. Any suggestions?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

That Durham Bulls cap is great.

I'm curious to see what the new Mud Hens caps look like.

From minorleagues.com:

906138.jpg

Not nearly as good as the old one, huh?

903138.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

P0054191.jpg

finally this one because its based off the hat from the Simpsons where Burns hired the Ringers for his softball team

Apparently, you've never seen the Simpsons. Burns hired MLB ringers for his softball team. In a separate episode, years later, the Springfield Isotopes were going to be moved to Albequerque, but Homer's hunger strike stopped that. But again, you've never seen the Simpsons, so you wouldn't have known that.

I'll be quirky...Albequerque!

Thanks for making the correction, my head almost exploded when I read it. It is impossible to confuse ?Homer at the Bat? from season three (1992) with Mr. Burns? ringer powerplant softball team and ?Hungry, Hungry Homer? from season twelve (2001) when Henry K. Duff VIII attempts to move the Springfield Isotopes to Albuquerque. How could this possibly be confused?

Seriously. I actually got pissed. Like, for real. The Internet is an amazing thing..

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Team named Swing, baby blue hat with an instrument (what do you call it) blowing the ball out. That's my #1, and others that I liek you mentioned - Trashers, Hooks and Nuts

Swing of the Quad-Cities -- I like the cap of my hometown's current team (well, Rock Island anyway), but I prefer their predecessors' cap -- Quad-City River Bandits.

8855957.jpg

And I like the Quad-City Angels cap even more.... can't find a pic, but it's just a Q-C with a halo like the old California caps.

The Swing, road and home:

90411004.jpg

90311004.jpg

I'm also a 7 5/8.

I have to try on most Franchise caps - most of the XLs fit me, although every now and then one's too small for my enormous noggin.

Don't like the high crown, though. I prefer the Franchise low-profile.

I like new franchise hats, but when they get a couple months old, they seems to shrink.

Apparently my ears are hung low, cause most of these newfangled 'low-profile' hats dont come down to my ears, and look like a yarmulke with a duck bill, on top of my head. I need the standard depth to get them to pull down low enough to 'latch' over the back of my skull.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Team named Swing, baby blue hat with an instrument (what do you call it) blowing the ball out. That's my #1, and others that I liek you mentioned - Trashers, Hooks and Nuts

Swing of the Quad-Cities -- I like the cap of my hometown's current team (well, Rock Island anyway), but I prefer their predecessors' cap -- Quad-City River Bandits.

First of all, it is called a "saxophone" (or "sax-a-ma-phone" if we want to keep the Homer Simpson theme going).

Second, I have been to Davenport once (and only once), so I don't understand the connection between the Quad Cities and the name "Swing". Could someone please explain?

Do your ears hang low.... </sing-a-long> 

Somehow, I missed that song growing up, but I have heard more than enough of it since my children were born. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Second, I have been to Davenport once (and only once), so I don't understand the connection between the Quad Cities and the name "Swing".  Could someone please explain?

The Quad Cities were an early center in the rise of jazz music, particularly in the ragtime and dixieland eras. The Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival is still held in Davenport every year, and remains a leading early-jazz music event.

Thus the name. Plus, I think the ballpark is not too far from the river, where there is a city park and a road named after Bix Beiderbecke. (Forgive any geographical errors; I haven't been back to Davenport in many years.)

20082614447.png

Second, I have been to Davenport once (and only once), so I don't understand the connection between the Quad Cities and the name "Swing".  Could someone please explain?

The Quad Cities were an early center in the rise of jazz music, particularly in the ragtime and dixieland eras. The Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival is still held in Davenport every year, and remains a leading early-jazz music event.

Thus the name. Plus, I think the ballpark is not too far from the river, where there is a city park and a road named after Bix Beiderbecke. (Forgive any geographical errors; I haven't been back to Davenport in many years.)

Thank you, BallWonk. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I have kind of liked caps that look almost like their major-league cousins:

Reading Phillies and Batavia Clippers (with the R or the B in the same font as the P)

Portland Rockies (with the PR instead of CR)

Elmira Pioneers (with the Marlin and an E instead of an F)

Baseball City Royals (the BC instead of the KC)

Martinsville Astros (the cool M at the top of the star!)

But my favorite were the Devil Rays' variations: St. Petersburg and Orlando.

Some of the teams that retain their major-league nickname go for weird twists on logos and identity: Dunedin Blue Jays, Omaha Royals, Rockford Cubbies, Rome Braves.

The Rockford Cubbies no longer exist. The new Single-A Midwest League affiliate for the Cubs are the Peoria Chiefs. Until last season the Chiefs were a Cardinal affiliate with a Cardinal dressed like an indian chief and the colors of navy and red. This past season the Chiefs tried to avoid a Native American theme, like everybody else in the country, and changed the logo to a fire chief, a dalmation dressed as a fire chief. They also changed their colors to the Cubs, royal and red. There uniforms are what I would picture a Cubs sleeveless uniform to be with royal undershirt with team logo on upper right corner.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming. B)

i am big NEW ERA supporter every thing else is just not deep enough for me

-whew- I am NOT alone! I can barely wear anything from Lids anymore, cause everything is flex fit, or 'three sizes fit all."

I need a 7 5/8 with a deep fit. If i could find someone to make Franchise-type hats (washed, soft, no structure behind the embroidery) but in real sizes, in a deeper style, I'd buy a hundred.

I have a new era Georgia Tech cap that i lvoe, but can't find a replacement. Any suggestions?

P0012990.jpg

GT NEW ERA 59/50

heres one for you

it sucks that we dont carry NEW ERA NCAA hats but hardly anyone does.

sorry about the SIMPSONS mistake, i have seen so many and its been awhile since i saw that one i got them all mixed up. but none the less it is SIMPSONS inspired

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

That Durham Bulls cap is great.

I'm curious to see what the new Mud Hens caps look like.

From minorleagues.com:

906138.jpg

Not nearly as good as the old one, huh?

903138.jpg

Actually, the blue crown/red billed cap shown is a few years old. The Mud Hens wore that as an alternate until 2002. A Red crown/blue bill replaced it late 2002 through last year. None of the new Hens caps have been revealed as of yet.

Further, the "T" logo cap shown is the regular game cap and I have heard (though I can't recall where) that it will remain untouched, at least for this season, despite the new logos. Maybe someone else can help clear THAT part of it up.

Archived