Maurice Clarett's back in the news

WSU151

Let this be a lesson to those who think they can be like Clarett and challenge the NFL's rule: Don't. Do. It.

Why? Look at Maurice now. He's now robbing people, for crying out. To think, he could of have a shot in Denver.... Well, he could of.

He's now robbing people,

Not to mention the "attempted kidnapping" he COULD also be charged with.

Why would he "hug" someone then "attempt" to drag them somewhere??

Yes, his football career is almost certainly over now. He COULD have had a GREAT career at Ohio State but instead, he chose to waste the ONE chance he had at it, and wrongly felt the NFL was wrong for having the rules they do.

Football is more physical than baseball or basketball so I can understand the NFL's reasoning on their "no one under 21" rule. Too bad Maurice couldn't.

sig1.gif

Let this be a lesson to those who think they can be like Clarett and challenge the NFL's rule: Don't. Do. It.

Why? Look at Maurice now. He's now robbing people, for crying out. To think, he could of have a shot in Denver.... Well, he could of.

Yeah, that just doesn't make sense. Mike Williams challenged also, and I haven't heard of him robbing people. Even if Clarette had won his challenge, he seems to be predisposed to this kind of behavior, and would have gotten in some sort of trouble anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You're wrong.

This is not a waste of talent and he is not somebody who wasted a lot of potential. He had six good games in his freshman year in college and that's it. He has no talent for the game of football.

He was small, slow and stupid and would have never made it in the NFL.

He's just a classless gutter punk who will never amount to anything other than somebody's prison beotchboy.

Typical Ohio State up bringing.

Anyone else sensing a forthcoming summer in Ottawa for this upstanding young lad?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They thought he was the second coming of Jim Brown.

Turned out he was the second coming of Lawrence Phillips.

Who'da thunk it?

If I was drinking something, I would have done a spit-take reading this.

:D

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You're wrong.

This is not a waste of talent and he is not somebody who wasted a lot of potential. He had six good games in his freshman year in college and that's it. He has no talent for the game of football.

He's just a classless gutter punk who will never amount to anything other than somebody's prison beotchboy.

Last I checked, 230 pounds isn't quite considered small. Slow? Yes. Stupid? Yes. No talent for the game of football? Sorry. He was a good runner and a good blocker, and he was strong and powerful, too.

Six good games? All right, but he only played in 10 or 11 games, and he saw very limited action in a few others because of a shoulder injury. 1200+ yards is a pretty good season for anyone, let alone someone plagued by injury and missing a lot of snaps. Ohio State was a better team with him in the backfield that year.

And he did make a few plays to beat Miami in the Fiesta Bowl. Remember when Krenzel threw an interception, then Clarett wrestled the ball out of the Miami defender's arm during the return, allowing Ohio State to retain possession? Little things like that made him valuable, especially as a freshman. He could have been great with four complete seasons under his belt. He could have been a powerful runner like Jerome Bettis, but that dream's over.

I don't feel sorry for him, but he really is the epitome of wasted talent. From the cover of Sports Illustrated to a mug shot is how he'll be remembered. And what do you mean by "typical Ohio State upbringing?" For every troubled player like Clarett, there have been a few pretty fine athletes and fine persons that have come out of the Ohio State Football Program. How about Archie griffin, Chris Spielman, Cris Carter, Eddie George, Mike Doss, Joey Galloway, etc.? Hell, Even Terry Glenn and David Boston are still in the league, though they've had their share of trouble.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What a shame to have all the world at your feet and then kick it all away like that.

At least he has his free college education to fall back on. :lol:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

You're wrong.

Last I checked, 230 pounds isn't quite considered small. Slow? Yes. Stupid? Yes. No talent for the game of football? Sorry. He was a good runner and a good blocker, and he was strong and powerful, too.

Six good games? All right, but he only played in 10 or 11 games, and he saw very limited action in a few others because of a shoulder injury. 1200+ yards is a pretty good season for anyone, let alone someone plagued by injury and missing a lot of snaps. Ohio State was a better team with him in the backfield that year.

And he did make a few plays to beat Miami in the Fiesta Bowl. Remember when Krenzel threw an interception, then Clarett wrestled the ball out of the Miami defender's arm during the return, allowing Ohio State to retain possession? Little things like that made him valuable, especially as a freshman. He could have been great with four complete seasons under his belt. He could have been a powerful runner like Jerome Bettis, but that dream's over.

I don't feel sorry for him, but he really is the epitome of wasted talent. From the cover of Sports Illustrated to a mug shot is how he'll be remembered. And what do you mean by "typical Ohio State upbringing?" For every troubled player like Clarett, there have been a few pretty fine athletes and fine persons that have come out of the Ohio State Football Program. How about Archie griffin, Chris Spielman, Cris Carter, Eddie George, Mike Doss, Joey Galloway, etc.? Hell, Even Terry Glenn and David Boston are still in the league, though they've had their share of trouble.

Well said, Tempest...

Though, i fear you have merely chomped upon the worm that our dear friend Mojo was baiting you with.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived