Another "i just realized what that logo is!"

boardname

i didnt notice until about two years ago that the old nordiques logo was an igloo.  i always saw the N and a hockey stick.

QUE-N_270.gif

Nice one. Never saw the Igloo. I always thought it looked alot like the Republican logo for some reason.

I guess I'm in the minority, back in my days of playing NHL Stanley Cup for Super Nintendo, I saw the igloo/stick and thought the N was a stretch.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else notice that the Pistons' logo spells out "Detroit" and "Pistons" in it? Wow. How weird.  :D

Glad it amused you since you're the only one laughing.

We've already covered the obvious pages ago. Glad you're catching up.

They're all obvious, champ.

For a guy with 78 posts under his belt, you're certainly acting rather cockish.

Let the kids have their fun, that way, in a month, when someone else starts a whole new "Hey, there's a M B in the old Brewers' logo," we can all revisit the good times.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I always thought the Wild logo was a cat too, maybe a lynx or something. And I see the "f" more clearly in the new Falcons logo for some reason. But the FedEx one is wicked cool.

Maybe it's because I work directly next to FedEx world headquarters and everything in Memphis revolves around the company, but man, I've noticed that arrow forever.

i didnt notice until about two years ago that the old nordiques logo was an igloo.  i always saw the N and a hockey stick.

QUE-N_270.gif

Nice one. Never saw the Igloo. I always thought it looked alot like the Republican logo for some reason.

I guess I'm in the minority, back in my days of playing NHL Stanley Cup for Super Nintendo, I saw the igloo/stick and thought the N was a stretch.

Hmm, I noticed the N, the igloo, the stick & puck all right away.

Still not a very good logo though--and their first unis in the WHA were horrendous...

Nordiques

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Watching the Bulls game tonight I just noticed for the first time the triple "TOR" in "TORonTORapTORs." Not that it's truly a logo thing but there you are.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

QUE-N_270.gif

Hmm, I noticed the N, the igloo, the stick & puck all right away.

Still not a very good logo though--and their first unis in the WHA were horrendous...

Nordiques

When I was a kid, I use to think that was an a really bad drawing of an elephant's butt, with it's head turned so you can see the trunk.

Don't ask me how I even came up with that.

When I was a kid, I use to think that was an a really bad drawing of an elephant's butt, with it's head turned so you can see the trunk.

Don't ask me how I even came up with that.

I can see that--that's funny--thanks!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I didn't realize this one, but it did take me a few years untill I got it.

saturn_logo.gif

Yea its obvious now but I didnt see the actual planet Saturn in the logo.

And to add another one.

Infiniti-Logo.jpg

This logo always made me think of Pac-man and it took me awhile to get it actually represents something going on into infinity.

PopHeading-1.gif

As a lifetime Minnesota hockey fan, here's the scoop...

The Wild logo is generic, but is generally considered to be a BEAR. We have lots. The STAR is a homage to the NORTH STARS. The Wild color GREEN is for the old NORTH STARS.

And I didn't notice the H in the Whalers logo for 20 years and as a two time Saturn owner, I didn't seee the Saturn for 10...

Commissioner of the Northern Lights Hockey Association (NLHA), Founded 1981 with Albert M. Tischler. Owner Minnesota Griffins 6 time AURORA BOREALIS CUP winners. Defending Champion 2011 is Houston Roughnecks.

To go along with highwayman about the wild logo it is supposed to be generic due to the fact that wild is genric too.......some people think that it is a cat or a bear but that is up to your intuition.......the star is supposed to be polairis which is the north star because that is our state motto and the trees are supposed to be what northern Minnesota is like and the offical colors are Forest Green which is indicitive of the amout of forest that we have......The red is called Iron Range Red which is and area in Northern Minnesota that is the leading produceer of Iron Ore and then the yellow is called Harvest yellow which is representing the area in southern Minnesota which is a lot of farmland........and the mouth is a reprentation of the Mississippi River which starts in Minnesota at lake Itasca...........this is my favorite logo in ALL of sports becasue of all the stuff that it reprents...........so hopefully that clears up any questions that anybody may have

I am reaching here, but is the void space on the upper half of each "A" of the Atlanta Hawks wordmark supposed to resemble a beak?

ATL_415.gif

LT

no i see it that way too.

That's what I've always thought.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived