Another "i just realized what that logo is!"

boardname

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The circular part of the OLD Northwest Airlines logo contains an "N" and a "W" depending on how you look at it (THE "W" has a white stripe through it and is completed by the triangle). And if the circle was a compass, the little triangle would point...northwest.

Northwest_Airlines_logo.png

The triangle points northwest in the new logo as well, but for some reason Northwest reverses it on the right side of their planes, making it point northeast. :wacko:

981730.jpg

I always thought that Northwest Airlines logo was genius... so much packed into something so simple... I didn't realize they'd gotten rid of it... what a shame.

OK, so what the hey is this supposed to be?

u-logo.jpg

Come on man, its a big University

Thats why they nicknamed it and call it "da U" nowadays

Big name football players went there

Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Shockey, McGahee, Portis, Reggie Wayne, Edge James, Michael Irwin, Santana Moss, Warren Sapp, Shawn Taylor, Vinny T, John Vilma Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly

My friend told me that there's supposed to be a W in this Badger logo. I can't find it though....

Wis_4687.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

In all seriousness though, this is still the best case of having a logo within a logo...

MIL_6187.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

u-logo.jpg

Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Shockey, McGahee, Portis, Reggie Wayne, Edge James, Michael Irwin, Santana Moss, Warren Sapp, Shawn Taylor, Vinny T, John Vilma Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly

As I mentioned in another thread a while back, the whole "The U/Da U" thing annoys me. :mad: It isn't as if most other Division I schools aren't the "University of [iNSERT NAME]", yet Miami has become THE U. What is more annoying is the trying-to-be-too-hip media types (I'm talking about you, Stuart Scott, but you're not alone) leaping onto the bandwagon in an effort to keep their street cred.

BTW, this whole thread reminds me of conversations about not knowing song lyrics. My wife messes them up all the time, but I have learned not to bring it up because you only need to get caught once to look really stupid. In the same vein, I have caught myself saying throughout this thread, "How could you not have seen that." However, since I don't think I saw the MB in the ball-and-glove until about 1995 (I always saw the B, but never noticed the M despite the missing fifth digit on the glove :wacko: ), I have chosen to keep my mouth shut. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

u-logo.jpg

As I mentioned in another thread a while back, the whole "The U/Da U" thing annoys me. :mad: It isn't as if most other Division I schools aren't the "University of [iNSERT NAME]", yet Miami has become THE U. What is more annoying is the trying-to-be-too-hip media types (I'm talking about you, Stuart Scott, but you're not alone) leaping onto the bandwagon in an effort to keep their street cred.

BTW, this whole thread reminds me of conversations about not knowing song lyrics. My wife messes them up all the time, but I have learned not to bring it up because you only need to get caught once to look really stupid. In the same vein, I have caught myself saying throughout this thread, "How could you not have seen that." However, since I don't think I saw the MB in the ball-and-glove until about 1995 (I always saw the B, but never noticed the M despite the missing fifth digit on the glove :wacko: ), I have chosen to keep my mouth shut. :D

Well, Miami actually completes the "U" logo with the "M" on there as well. This is the best I could find, but they used to have that logo on some shirts and hats the players wore in the early 90s.

B00013MYLO.01-ABGHDZ3KEZBCN._SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif

spikes.jpg

wait thats a U? I always thought it was an L and a J, giving props to some former player or coach or someone..

*sarcasm*

That goodwill thing, Ive never noticed the G before, good call.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Then how come the g/face logo is still on every Goodwill store I've seen?

Probably because they haven't gotten around to changing them yet. It's not like they can change every one overnight.

The Goodwill here, as well as the one on the regional office in Charlotte, is changed. I still see the G-face logo sometimes though.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

one i've always noticed is the goodwill logo.  A lowercase 'g' as well as half a smiling face

goodwill.jpg

wow, i never saw the lowercase g

You never saw the g, I never saw the half-face until I read this. I kid you not.

I'm just happy this was mentioned, as a nice change of pace from the usual suspects (expos, brewers' glove, whalers, fedex) ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Ok I know I might get a few "How did you not see that before?" responses but while I was looking at some NHL logos today I found two things I have never seen

#1. The Puck at the bottom of the avalanche (Colorado Avalanche)

COL_64.gif

AND

#2 Two crossing hockey sticks at the top of the Crown (L.A. Kings)

LA_105.gif

PopHeading-1.gif

I'm not even going to mention how long it was before I noticed the Wild's logo was an animal's head. I always thought it was just some abstract design, I guess I was thrown off by the yellow moon or whatever. I still see it as an animal only secondarly. :wacko:

Never saw the g in the goodwill logo either.

Archived