Another "i just realized what that logo is!"

boardname

I am reaching here, but is the void space on the upper half of each "A" of the Atlanta Hawks wordmark supposed to resemble a beak?

ATL_415.gif

LT

no i see it that way too.

That's what I've always thought.

its a very ugly font at that

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am reaching here, but is the void space on the upper half of each "A" of the Atlanta Hawks wordmark supposed to resemble a beak?

ATL_415.gif

LT

Just above the beak is the forehead of the bird (Hawk)

guys, The U is called the U for a reason. In order to differentiate itslef with that imposter Miami universtiy in Ohio.

And i have always seen the F in the falcons logo. It always reminds me of that clothing line company and stickers I always see on people's trucks, the one with the big pointed F on it. (sorry duno the compnay name)

ATL_415.gif

LT

I always assumed it was just supposed to be part of a hawk's talon.

6uXNWAo.png

ATL_415.gif

LT

I always assumed it was just supposed to be part of a hawk's talon.

Do they have large talons?

spikes.jpg

guys, The U is called the U for a reason.  In order to differentiate itslef with that imposter Miami universtiy in Ohio.

Care to explain that?

Miami University of Ohio: established 1809. One of the best public universities in the nation.

Miami University of Florida: chartered 1925, opened 1926. A private university that's actually outside Miami, in Coral Gables.

Miami of Ohio had been a university for over 110 years before there WAS a University in Miami. The impostors would appear to be the school in Florida that came a century after the first.

:therock:

There is a real explanation that has nothing to do with the school in Ohio.

In 1973, UM officials were looking for a new identity. Noting how many nationally-prominent schools already had the initials UM (Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Maryland, Missouri, Massachusetts), Miami went for the idea of just using the "U". Simply calling the school "The U" also reinforced the very reason for UM's creation - to give South Florida a university-level center of education for its citizens. (Miami's a long way from Gainesville, and Florida State was a military institute, then a women's teacher's college before becoming the co-ed university it is today in 1947.) It became fashionable when Miami's first wave of talented football players referred to their alma mater as "The U", and it went from there.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

From Yac12's sig:

Iowa University's logo:

IOWA.gif

The hawk makes "FrY" as in Hayden Fry. A prominent member of the Iowa U family.

The top of the head makes the "F", the beak makes the "r" and the part under the head (the eye and the jaw-looking thing) make the "Y".

Tilt your head to the right to see it better.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

and on the Bucs logo, on the left side of the flag you can kinda see a capital B to a capital S, like their script logo

TB_1044.gif

If you're talking the notch in the flag as the B and wrinkle/slash shadow in the lower left as the S, I think you're stretching things a bit. Yes, that is what they look like, but I'm pretty sure that it is just a coincidence.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

wagt_atlanta_falcons.jpg

When i first saw the Falcons logo i immediately thought of this

Famous Stars and Straps

www.famoussas.com

famous.jpg

When looking at the Falcolns logo I see the bird flying more than the letter F.

As for the Hawkeye logo that might be searching to see something, although l believe that logo started being used when Frey was the coach

I didn't realize this recently, but I noticed back in middle school that it wasn't just a "C" that connected in the middle for some reason:

16.gif

Pretty much just noticed there was an "H" in the Whaler logo:

32.gif

Also noticed that this includes some kind of dinosaur. Weird...

227.gif

I really hope you're kidding about the Raptors logo... :blink:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived