new here... chargers concept!

trybalyze

i like the logo that you used on the pants and collar.  is that something you came up with on your own or does the team already use that?

Agreed. Whether original or not, it is a nice update on the old shield logo.

My main criticism of the concept is the shoulder design. With the solid white sleeves, the border looks more the edge of a circular saw blade (the sleeve being the blade) than a lightning bolt.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

i like the logo that you used on the pants and collar. is that something you came up with on your own or does the team already use that?

That's an updated version of the old shield logo the Chargers used for their 35th Anniversary.

http://www.sportslogos.net/Site/logo.php?lo=985

Pretty good.

First off, :welcome:

The Leopard's first impression was mine as well - I saw sawblades, not lightning bolts. That's my biggest knock on this concept. The pants are unique, and outside the norm for the NFL, but I can't say I dislike them.

One design flaw I did notice - move the player name and number up 3 or 4 inches on your design. If this was worn, LT would be wearing his name halfway down his rib cage, not up at the shoulders. To accommodate the nameplate, you may have to shrink the shoulder accents a little more as well.

Besides that, well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Out of the box is good! Scale back on the number of points on the lightning bolts used throughout the design and you have a winner. I would love to see a helmet with that shield logo on the side and a lightning bolt as the center stripe. Also for a jersey that out of the box perhaps a updated font is needed. Although I had a lot of suggestions I do like what you did. Can't wait to see more.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

thanks for the comments everybody... i plan on working on this one a little bit more meticulously over the weekend... to tell you the truth this only took me about an hour to do... i plan on setting up my own template to work with... also for the helmet, i was planning on using a lightning bolt center stripe as well as the shield logo on a single side of the helmet, but i'm pretty sure i'd be stoned for taking that concept from the steelers' helmets... i'm also working on an updated version of the logo... i'm thinkin maybe a "trojan" style horse instead of the medieval armored lookin one... wutchu think?

i'm thinkin maybe a "trojan" style horse instead of the medieval armored lookin one... wutchu think?

Well a Charger traditionally ment a knight's horse used in jousting. But it's your concept do what ya want.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

wow!

first off, a few of the posters didn't like the shoulders. I am so so. I think if you add an extra blue line to make them look like lighting bolts, it will work IE Jets' shoulders. I love the attempt. Heck, why not try yellow on the shoulders instead of white?

I like the others love the reinvention of their shield logo. Good Job :notworthy:

The one part I think you could work on is the pants. That might be 'too future' for the game nowadays. Good attempt to think outside the box.

I like it. Seems like a Turn-Ahead-the-Clock type jersey, but I like it none the less.

BTW, it's great to see a newbie who actually contributes something and doesn't post in the requests the whole time. Way to go!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The jersey is sharp - maybe a bit too many 'jags of lightning'. I'm a traditionalist with the bolt down the side - but it would make a great Arena ball uni.

Great work!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived