Syracuse vs Kansas: 2003 National Championship

Wild vs Avalanche: 2003 Game 7 Round 1

Mighty Ducks vs Devils: 2003 Stanley Cup Finals, Game 7

:blink: Wow, 2003 sucked.

1999 NFC Championship game

Game 6 of 2003 NLCS

Game 7 of 2004 ALCS

Super Bowl XXIX

1996 & 2005 NL Wild Card Series vs. St Louis. I should hate the Cards...I just can't. Their fans are so great. Surprisingly also why I can't bring myself to hate the Cubs. Only 1984 (the way they treated us then and how they still can't get over it) keeps me from liking them.

As for any completely single game:

Baseball: 1998 World Series Game 3 (Screw Brosius)

Football: 1999 NFC Championship game (Screw Proehl)

Basketball: 2002 Game 4 Western Conference Finals (Screw Robert Horry)

Hockey: 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 (Screw the Khabibulin, Conroy, Fedonteko and the rest of the Lightning)

Soccer: 1994 World Cup Round of 16 (screw Bebeto)

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Let's see...plenty of misery to pick out from here...

1986 Adams Division Finals (Hartford vs. Montreal)--The Whalers fought back to make this a series, getting a mind-boggling OT goal from Kevin Dineen in Game 6 to force the series back to the Forum. Game was tight throughout and it went to OT. In OT, that little ratfaced SOB Claude Fluffing Lemieux (see, Detroit fans, you ain't the only ones that hate that little turd :lol: ) puts home a wrap around past Mike Liut and ends the Whalers dream.

1992 Adams Division Semis (Hartford vs. Montreal)--Once again, the Habs make me want to light myself on fire. Frank Pieterangelo stands on his fluffing head for 4 periods to keep this team in the game somehow, only to have Russ Fluffing Courtnall put one past him and end the season. Last playoff appearence ever for the Whale.

1999 NLCS (Mets vs. Braves)--Kenny "Camera Puncher" Rogers walks Yankee Reject Gerald Williams with the bases loaded in extra innings to give the Tomahawk Chokers the series.

2000 World Series (Mets vs. Yanks)--Two games to choose from here...Game 1 and Jose Fluffing Vizcaino adding his name to the list of "Scrubs That Somehow Come Through For the Yanks in the Postseason"...then there's Game 5. Al Leiter with the performance of his life but it's not enough to prolong the Series...add to it the fact that the crosstown rivals celebrated in Shea just makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it....

1991 NBA East Finals (Pistons vs. Bulls)--Changing of the guard. I knew as Game 4 was winding down that the Bad Boys era was over...didn't mean I had to like it all that much :lol:

2005 NBA Finals Game 5 (Pistons vs. Spurs)--FLUFF YOU ROBERT HORRY!

1982 AFC Championship Game (Jets vs. Dolphins)--The ultimate in gamesmanship by Don Shula...to negate the great rushing attack the Jets had with Freeman McNeil, Donny Boy somehow talks the folks at the Orange Bowl to kind of leave the tarp off the field as the Miami-Dade area gets hit with a torrential downpour right before the game. The Orange Bowl became a swamp and the Jets were pretty much screwed.

2004 AFC Divisional Playoffs (Jets vs. Steelers)--To have THAT MANY chances to win and not do it because your kicker can't do something as simple as kick a field goal just hurts. The Jets had their A game going that night and could have walked out of Heinz Field with a huge win. This one still gnaws at me.

1990 NCAA Eastern Regional Finals (UConn vs. Duke)--Tate George steps on the sideline after picking off an errant Duke pass late in OT. Duke inbounds to Christian Laettner, who drains a jumper as time runs out to send the Dookies to Denver and the Final Four. This cemented my hatred of Duke and of Laettner.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I have to go along with the 1975 Cowboys-Vikings, the Staubach to Pearson "Hail Mary" NFC Championship game and the Vikings-Falcons NFC 1998 championship game.

1989 NCAA Ice Hockey Championship- Frigging Harvard of all teams, beats Minnesota 4-3 in Overtime to win 1989 NCAA Title in St. Paul, Minnesota right in front of me. I quite nearly threw up on the spot. Minnesotans still talk about when Randy Skarda hit the pipe in overtime that could have won it all.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I have to go along with the 1975 Cowboys-Vikings, the Staubach to Pearson "Hail Mary" NFC Championship game and the Vikings-Falcons NFC 1998 championship game.

1989 NCAA Ice Hockey Championship- Frigging Harvard of all teams, beats Minnesota 4-3 in Overtime to win 1989 NCAA Title in St. Paul, Minnesota right in front of me. I quite nearly threw up on the spot. Minnesotans still talk about when Randy Skarda hit the pipe in overtime that could have won it all.

JeffB

Wasn't that Harvard OT shot from almost the blue line?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Seeing the Mighty Ducks take out the Red Wings a few years ago was sort of hard to take in. I mean, they're the MIGHTY DUCKS....they're not allowed to be good. However, the hardest one for me is when the Eagles stomped the Lions in the '94, I think, playoffs. This year's baseball playoffs bothered me as well. I'm an Angels and Cards fan, so going 0-2 in the LCS' was kind of rough. I'm still convinced there's a 2nd Black Sox scandal. Call me bitter, but A.J. Pierzynski paid someone. :D

1. The entire 2004 World Series, simply embarassing.

2. Game 6 of the 2005 NLCS; The Cardinals should have had an easy team with a far inferior Houston team.

3. Super Bowl XXXVI; can i just say how nice it was to finally see vinatieri blow a kick in a big game last weekend?

For the record....though it wasn't a playoff game, watching Notre Dame lose to USC in a game they should have had wrapped up in october. I'll be honest I had a tear or two.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

JeffB

Wasn't that Harvard OT shot from almost the blue line?

No. It came right after a faceoff. The guy who got the puck moved across the slot and shot it around Stauber. It was from about 10 feet out. :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Game 6 - 1985 World Series.

HE WAS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was. I agree. But, we won. Whoo. Now, we suck. Not so Whoo. You guys have more World Series, you'll be fine.

We shall never again rise to the top.

Karma...

There are a few:

1973 Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Miami 21-17

1977 Oakland Raiders at Pittsburgh Oakland 24-7

1985 Pittsburgh at Miami Dolphins Miami 45-28

1994 San Diego at Pittsburgh San Diego 17-13

1998 Denver at Pittsburgh Denver 24-21

2002 New England at Pittsburgh New England 24-17

But none sucked as bad as last years 2006 New England 41 Pittsburgh 27. That was shocking to us. The Steelers killed the Patriots earlier in the year then we got squashed. If we lose this year it won't be as bad because the #6 seed in playoffs has never gotten this far.

Championship.jpg

Bengalssuck.jpg

Colts vs Chiefs: 2003 Divisional Playoffs

Broncos vs Chiefs: 1997 Divisonal Playoffs

Syracuse vs Kansas: 2003 National Championship

Wild vs Avalanche: 2003 Game 7 Round 1

Mighty Ducks vs Devils: 2003 Stanley Cup Finals, Game 7

:blink: Wow, 2003 sucked.

It was worse for Cubs fans. Then again, every year is worse for Cubs fans. :mad:

Archived