Red Wings Black?

jkrdevil

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This wouldn't look too bad for an alternate Wings black jersey....

p2281407dt.jpg

Yes it would.

A team named the Red Wings... who've worn red for nearly a century... with virtually no red in their sweater, save for the crest? :puke:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What is with these practice jerseys?

They have commas under the arms :blink: Also why dont they use team colors the Sabres use black & White for two practice teams (OK) and Dk. Blue & Dk. Green for injured players.(WHY not red )

saBS.png

What is with these practice jerseys?

They have commas under the arms :blink: Also why dont they use team colors the Sabres use black & White for two practice teams (OK) and Dk. Blue & Dk. Green for injured players.(WHY not red )

Well, the practice colors a different colors because in pratice each line wear a different color. So unless a team has at least 5 colors in their scheme they have go outside the teams colors.

Wow, that's lame. Why would the Wings, probably the most tradition-rich team in the U.S., do something like add black to their scheme? I mean, if anything, once the NHL goes to these formfitting jerseys, they should just let the teams wear formfitting editions of the sweaters they already wear.

Red Wings in Black = Garbage. :cursing:

This would be a travesty of epic proportions. The Detroit Red Wings should never change their logo/ jersey, font IMO. By adding black they just become like every other money hungry team out there. I don't think they are hurting in the sales department anyway.

nhlvdetroit2kb7.pngnhlvdetroit1dx1.png

To use the line from an old Beatles song:

Oh, dear, what can I do?

Red Wings in black, and I'm feeling blue ...

He's paraphrasing folks (i capitalised the 'H' because I respect you ;))

This is the real Beatles/Red Wings connection :P

acousticguitar.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

A little off topic, but what's the difference to the original black Wings fashion jersey, and the redesigned version?

Adding to what Michigan Dave posted, here's the current style:

wingsblack2front.jpg

wingsblack2back.jpg

Interestingly, it looks like there were actually three styles. The original style used different lettering than MD's has.

wings_black_orig_back.jpg

One version with the original jersey and original lettering, one version with the original jersey and updated lettering, then the updated jersey which used the updated lettering.

A little off topic, but what's the difference to the original black Wings fashion jersey, and the redesigned version?

Below are pics of my Yzerman in the older style. The newer black is designed with the white wings' template.

yzerfront.jpg

yzerback.jpg

I could get into that, but then I'm not a Red Wings' fan--so take that however you want.

I kind of expected a few more concepts--perhaps they're coming...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Below are pics of my Yzerman in the older style. The newer black is designed with the white wings' template.

yzerfront.jpg

yzerback.jpg

I could get into that, but then I'm not a Red Wings' fan--so take that however you want.

I kind of expected a few more concepts--perhaps they're coming...

I have the Black Sunday Red Wings jersey. It looks exactly like that Shanahan one except the sleeve numbers are red outlined in white like the back numbers and the "C". Also, it was made by ProPlayer instead of CCM.

mainescarf.png

Archived