Trade that filty rag for a new Thrashers Jersey!

paynomind

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/t...0121jersey.html

Other NHL team jerseys won't be sold at Philips

By TIM TUCKER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/21/06

The Thrashers are trying to get the jerseys of opposing NHL teams off the backs of Atlantans.

The Thrashers will stop selling other teams' apparel at Philips Arena ? sacrificing about $75,000 in annual profit ? and will exchange a new Thrashers jersey for the used jersey of any opposing team beginning Saturday, part-owner Bruce Levenson said.

It's part of an effort to consolidate support behind the home team in a city with a lot of fans transplanted from elsewhere.

"I've heard from a lot of people that they came to Atlanta as a Bruins fan or a Penguins fan and that they just love this team now because it's so exciting," Levenson said Friday. "I talked to a fan this morning who said he's going to be first in line to exchange his Vancouver jersey.

"Somebody suggested we build a big bonfire" to burn the opponents' jerseys, Levenson added. But the Thrashers decided to donate them to charity instead.

At games the remainder of the season, fans can exchange other teams' replica or authentic jerseys for an equivalent blue Thrashers jersey at the Team Gear store in the arena.

Levenson was taken aback when he first noticed a couple of years ago that other teams' apparel was being sold in Philips.

"I was, like, why are we doing this?" he said. "And I was told we make a lot of money on those jerseys. I did a little more digging and learned we make about $75,000 a year on [it].

"In recent weeks, with all the excitement around the Thrashers, there was a feeling within the organization the time is right to get all that gear out of there."

Getting rid of opponents' jerseys, Levenson said, "is a tangible investment in turning Philips Arena into 'Blueland,'" as the Thrashers' season-long marketing campaign promises. "My dream is that when our players take the ice our fans make them feel like they're on the power play the whole game," Levenson said.

"I think Atlanta is going through a transformation from a city that sort of had a curiosity with hockey to a city that is really becoming passionate about a specific team," he said. "In recent weeks, it has manifested itself in a bunch of different ways ? the chanting of 'Hossa, Hossa' [for Thrashers player Marian Hossa], even the booing of [former Thrasher] Dany Heatley. Those are expressions of passionate fans."

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Haha they sold other team's JERSEYS? Wow, I've never seen anything besides small stuff like pucks or pins from other teams at the arenas I've been to.

I seem to remember, in the few times I have been in the Saddledome, that they sold a lot of other teams' jerseys in their shops. Maybe not rivals' jerseys so much, like the Oilers or Canucks, but some Eastern Conference teams, like Carolina or Buffalo, IIRC.

Anyway, back on topic ... I'd take the Thrashers up on that exchange offer, so long as I wasn't getting the powder blue alt in return. :D

Guess its time to hit up some Goodwill's and then travel down to Atlanta to get me some free Thrashers jerseys!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So if I wanted a new Thrashers jersey, I'd buy me a cheap crappy jersey on Ebay then bring it to the arena for a nice new Thrasher jersey :D

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

so, if I were to mail you an older jersey I have, would you exchange it for a Thrasher home for me? :P

Yea seriously, I have an old '03 Eastern Conference All-Star game jersey that I won in a contest and is 2 sizes too big that I'd love to get rid of... :D

so, if I were to mail you an older jersey I have, would you exchange it for a Thrasher home for me? :P

Yea seriously, I have an old '03 Eastern Conference All-Star game jersey that I won in a contest and is 2 sizes too big that I'd love to get rid of... :D

would that count as it's not an NHL team but a confrence all-star jersey? I don't think they mind you whereing tat it's just they don't want the leafs to come into town and half the crowd be whereing Leafs jersey. Like in Ottawa! :D

untitled-6.jpg

Guess its time to hit up some Goodwill's and then travel down to Atlanta to get me some free Thrashers jerseys!

Oh hell yes, I am going to Goodwill then the Thrashers game immediately.

Anyways, I'm glad that the Thrashers are attempting to do something that the other teams in Atlanta, even my Falcons, are failing to do: WEED OUT THOSE FILTHY OUT-OF-TOWN BANDWAGONERS.

Damn I hate Bandwagoners. Go Thrashers, we're 2nd place for the first time in like ever

Wierd thing is this morning I thought of an idea similar to this for the Devil Rays. Next season (if they re-brand the team) the team will trade old Rays jerseys and jerseys of opposing teams for a new Rays (or whatever they are) jersey. Maybe that'll be a way of getting those bandwagoneer New Yorkers to at least say that the Rays (or whatever they become) as their home team, because I know thats my philosophy. I may not be a Tampa native, but I have to support my local teams

This is actually a pretty nice program. I think all expansion teams in the future should try something like this in order to boost the fan base. The Bobcats are the first team I'm thinking of...I bet a lot of Charlotte residents have Hornets jerseys lying around.

When Charles Wang bought the Islanders, he offered a promotion of trade-in any Isles "fisherman" merchandise for an Isles "classic logo" t-shirt. I think there may have been a bonfire of some sort involved, too.

*Sigh* I know why that was done, but such a misguided effort...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Ottawa Senators had the same kind of deal a couple of years ago (I think it's still going on) for Montreal and Toronto games. Except Ottawa exchanges two free tickets for the jersey.

I did the exchange with three other friends at a Leafs @ Sens game. Got a $60 gift card for SportChek, bought a horrible Leafs fan jersey. My brother brought his Leaf jersey that didn't fit him anymore. And a little boxoffice screw up and we had Boston tickets instead of the Washington tickets they were giving out that night.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

So glad they're doing this.. it's embarassing when you go to games where there are more fans cheering on the visiting squad than the Thrashers (you should've seen the Detroit game - reeeally bad). Hope to see more ATL jerseys out there..

Archived