Super Bowl XL Uniforms *merged*

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miami usually wears white at home, but was dressed in aqua in Super Bowls VI and VIII where they were the designated home team.

Miami has some sort of thought process as to when they wear their aqua, or at least they used to. Any help here??

Bring back the Whale!

I could see the sentimental value going either way.

With that said, Bettis's big pre-game speech was to "take him home"

Talk about a team getting pumped up wearing the black and gold after beating the top three seeds in the playoffs and sending one of the greatest running backs of all time "home". In their "home" uni's.

Miami usually wears white at home, but was dressed in aqua in Super Bowls VI and VIII where they were the designated home team. 

Miami has some sort of thought process as to when they wear their aqua, or at least they used to. Any help here??

Nowadays, Miami wears aqua for home night games and, when on the road, when the home team chooses white.

That's it. And they've also used home night games to break out the alt orange.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

This year the AFC is considered the home team, and they get to choose what they want to wear.  Whether the Steelers will stick with tradition and wear black or follow the trend of sporting their away whites - which they have won their last 5 in - remains to be seen. 

As for my guess... since, they were the sixth seed in the AFC and have won 16 out of 19 on the road (15 in white), I think they ride this trendy wave and will choose their white unis.

Actually, it's already been noted that they wore white when they beat the Vikings in Super Bowl VI, I believe.

And, do you really think that much time and energy is spent on determining some sort of "good luck" charm with the uniform combo? I mean, seriously......

They will be wearing their home uniforms. Black jersey's....gold pants.

No, they don't need to devote that much time and energy. It comes down to the players and coach, in the end. I was just giving the reasons for choosing to wear white or black. I'm bias to the white, but it won't at all affect me while watching the game... unlike many people on this board.

ESPN 2's Cold Pizza just said the Steelers will be wearing WHITE despite being considered the home team.

hooray for the ALL MONO for Seahawks!

There's a story and poll at KDKA.com (a Pittsburgh radio station). The story says that the Steelers are considering choosing white since it's been the color of this playoff run.

The poll asked what the choice to be and white's in the lead by about a 67-33 percentage.

I've gotten used to the Blue Man Group look for Seattle. Still think monochromatic uniforms (except white) are garish and unbecoming, but I can deal with it.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Yep, they'll be in white, just heard it from Cowher himself at a press conference. He said he didn't think it was a big deal, and since they're not playing at Heinz Field he considers it an away game. It was his choice. So this means we will be seeing the worst uniforms in the league on this stage after all. *shudder* And they better change those Super Bowl jerseys on fogdog...

At his press conference a few minutes ago Bill Cowher just said they will be wearing the white jerseys, when asked about it he said "The game isnt at Heinz Field so we are going to wear white." This is a bit of a shock but I have a feeling the players wanted to wear white and the "New" Bill Cowher caved in, I hope if the Steelers win they will bust out the white jersey's at home in the early season if they play a warm weather team that wears white at home like the Cowboys or Dolphins just to stick it to them a little.

At his press conference a few minutes ago Bill Cowher just said they will be wearing the white jerseys, when asked about it he said "The game isnt at Heinz Field so we are going to wear white." This is a bit of a shock but I have a feeling the players wanted to wear white and the "New" Bill Cowher caved in, I hope if the Steelers win they will bust out the white jersey's at home in the early season if they play a warm weather team that wears white at home like the Cowboys or Dolphins just to stick it to them a little.

That's pretty weak if you ask me ... the Steelers wearing home white. They ever done that in playing Pittsburgh??

I know if the Jets went with white in a Super Bowl when they were "home", I would be kinda disapointed.

6uXNWAo.png

That's pretty weak if you ask me ... the Steelers wearing home white. They ever done that in playing Pittsburgh??

I know if the Jets went with white in a Super Bowl when they were "home", I would be kinda disapointed.

The Steelers wore white at home during the 60's when they wore the jersey's with the yellow triangles on the shoulders once they ditched those they never wore white at home again.

Too bad, the Steelers black and the Seahawks white are among my favorite unis out there. Would have been great to see them head to head.

As for the rationale, sure the Steelers run has been in the whites but the Seahawks have not lost a single game all season wearing the all blue (lost week one vs Jax wearing blue/white combo). So, using the Steelers rationale, the Seahawks wearing all blue is actually better than the Steelers wearing white.

I would have bet every penny I own that they'd wear black.

I LOVE it. Seattle's dark jersey is the best there is (though I wish they would not go monocrhome). I'm glad we may be seeing it in the Super Bowl.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As for the rationale, sure the Steelers run has been in the whites but the Seahawks have not lost a single game all season wearing the all blue (lost week one vs Jax wearing blue/white combo).

Actually- Week 4- they lost to the Redskins at FedEx Field wearing the all-blue combo.

The Steelers wore white at home during the 60's when they wore the jersey's with the yellow triangles on the shoulders once they ditched those they never wore white at home again.

ltp74,

the steelers wore the white yellow shouldered jerseys at home for 1966 and 1967. they then wore the similarly designed white jerseys of today at home for 1968 and 1969. when they moved to three rivers in 1970, they wore black at home for EVERY game (pre-season, regular season, post-season, super bowl) ever since.

they also wore white at home for a rams game in 64, one or two redskins games at forbes field in the early 50's. not sure about the 30's and 40's, but they did wear yellow jerseys in that time frame at home (30's & 40's).

but the fact that they will white for a "home" game on feb 5th for the first time in 36 seasons, has to have some significance. much like the bears wearing white this past season for the first time in 65 seasons.

tb

As a Stillers fan, I don't mind seeing the white jerseys. They lost all those AFC Championship games wearing their black jerseys (they're 4-6 in black jerseys in the AFCCG, 1-4 under Cowher). Maybe the 'road' mentality helped them this year and they want to stick with it.

Besides, it's not really a home game anyway, so it really doesn't matter. But I do NOT want to see a monochrome-uni team win the Super Bowl!! :mad:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Enough, already. I probably dislike the dark monochromes as much as most people around here, but the Earth will not stop rotating on its axis if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl in their scuba suits. I think there is bit of Chicken Little-style overreaction going on here. Everyone needs to sit, take a deep breath and think happy thoughts for a few minutes.

For the record, the foregoing comments have nothing to do with my intense dislike for the Steelers and my desire to see the Seahawks run them out of Massive Layoffs Field (I mean Ford Field. Sorry). I would feel the same way if the Seahawks wore white and the Steelers surprised us with all black uniforms.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived