A Ray of Hope: The Tampa Bay Baseball Overhaul

pooter

Hot muggy weather never stopped a Cardinals fan.

Or a Pirates fan.

It can get pretty hot here, and when youre by a river {3 to be exact} it gets even more humid.

Its hot here from March till October every day and with a considerable chance of rain.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could we not turn this into "my town is hotter than your town" and get back to c&c?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hot muggy weather never stopped a Cardinals fan.

Or a Pirates fan.

It can get pretty hot here, and when youre by a river {3 to be exact} it gets even more humid.

Its hot here from March till October every day and with a considerable chance of rain.

Theres always a good chance of rain here to.

But, thats all besides the point.

oBIgzrL.png

The Tampa Bay Typhoon:

typhoondone.png

NOW we're gettin somewhere......

I dont know if you knew or not, but at Adventure Island(the local water park), the largest slide is......the Tampa Typhoon.

Anyway, I like everything but the colors. Too "Mets-ish".

SigReflect.png

It looks like that in this version. I'd like to know how to save it as an SWF (like Phayze's concept) so it can be zoomed in on at will to show the different accents and outlines. The real product is about 3x that size. Anyone know how I could do that?

In Illustrator CS2 (thats what I have) it's under File>Save For Web and on the right side just choose .swf file.

Untitled-1.png

Shumway, some people have said your concept resembles the colors of the Oakland Athletics. I was thinking maybe you could replace the green with red. Those colors seem "more tropical" to me than green and yellow and also wouldn't resemble another Major League team. Just a thought. Your concept looks great by the way.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

i might enter, but i'll never win. but it would be sooooo cool to see someone's design created here used in real life!!!!

See: Manitoba Moose Alternate

Correction:

Manitoba Moose. The alternate is the main logo now I believe.

Yes the Manitoba Moose have made their (former) alternate their new primary as of the 2005-06 season

Thanks eray. :D Any suggestions from anyone?

I am not really sure what would end up looking better, but the only thing I can see that I would maybe take another look at is the trunk on the tree itself. Living in Arizona I have seen enough palm trees to last me a life time. I am not sure if there is a big difference between palm trees from California, to Arizona, To Florida, but I am just wondering if the tree would look a little better with a different style trunk. I am including two different pictures of different style trunks I have seen that may (and may not) look good on your amazing logo. The first one is VERY basic and is poorly done, but it does a good job in describing the type of trees I usually see. And the second is another kind that might look good. But either way man, thats an amazing logo and will be getting my vote.

tree7.gif

palm_HUGE.jpg

PopHeading-1.gif

The Bucks logo has one deer, the bulls head is just one bull, the cubs logo is just one cub. It's like that for a lot of pro teams in sports.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived