A Ray of Hope: The Tampa Bay Baseball Overhaul

pooter

Thanks eray. :D  Any suggestions from anyone?

I am not really sure what would end up looking better, but the only thing I can see that I would maybe take another look at is the trunk on the tree itself. Living in Arizona I have seen enough palm trees to last me a life time. I am not sure if there is a big difference between palm trees from California, to Arizona, To Florida, but I am just wondering if the tree would look a little better with a different style trunk. I am including two different pictures of different style trunks I have seen that may (and may not) look good on your amazing logo. The first one is VERY basic and is poorly done, but it does a good job in describing the type of trees I usually see. And the second is another kind that might look good. But either way man, thats an amazing logo and will be getting my vote.

tree7.gif

palm_HUGE.jpg

Thanks a lot. I'll experiment with different trunk types and you can let me know what you think.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As suggested by eray:

trees.png

The one on the left is the current tree and the one the right is one with a more stylized trunk. I think I like the left better personally, because the smoothness of the logo seems to be more uniform to the rest of the set. But that's just me. What do you guys think?

I agree with you. The one on the right doesn't fit your concept as well as the smooth one.

As for your logo(the one with the circle), I'd get rid of the two palm trees inside the circle. They seem to distract from the rest of things.

The Bucks logo has one deer, the bulls head is just one bull, the cubs logo is just one cub. It's like that for a lot of pro teams in sports.

I believe he is commenting like I did earlier on the spelling of the word- not the content of the logos. Tiburons is the way I'd think it would be spelled unless in Spanish.

I revised my origional

TampaBayHurricanesConceptrevised.gif

I changed the main logo and added an alt. Also i made the wordmark of the old main logo the main wordmark.

Tell me what you think.

1. You have that baseball as an alternate logo, yet you don't use it anywhere. I'd just scrap it.

2. I'd use the palm tree logo for the shoulder/alt. logo

3. Black pants should go...this isn't the 70s Pirates

4. Get rid of the black inside the piping(on your alt).

5. Overall, they're pretty plain, I'd try to spice em up a bit.

6. In your wordmark, I'd avoid overlapping letters(like where the P goes into the N)

7. The overall style of the jerseys are fine, they gust need a little something more.

I liked the yellow and green design better too. As far as "looking like the A's", almost any color combo is going to look like somebody since there are so many teams.

Can anyone tell me why the colors changed on my Tropics design when I uploaded it to photo bucket?

I hope they change the name from Tampa BAy Devil Rays to the Tampa Bay Suns. Someone please come up with a uniform/logo package for the suns with blue,orange, and yellow and the logo with sunglasses.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Changed main logo and made old main the alternate

Changed patches

Changed piping on alternate

Changed pants on alternate

More advice please

not baseball pant in MLB should be anything but white or gray (or whatever road colored jersey a team has). Tema colored pants were a fad from the 70's and in my opinion moving from black pants to red is a bad move.

As suggested by eray:

trees.png

The one on the left is the current tree and the one the right is one with a more stylized trunk. I think I like the left better personally, because the smoothness of the logo seems to be more uniform to the rest of the set. But that's just me. What do you guys think?

I was the one who suggested it, but I do agree with you. I like the orignal better, I was just letting you know that there are many different types of palm trees and I have just never seen one with that type of trunk. But the original does look better, and you do have my vote. ( I am assuming this oes go to a vote. Correct?)

PopHeading-1.gif

As suggested by eray:

trees.png

The one on the left is the current tree and the one the right is one with a more stylized trunk.  I think I like the left better personally, because the smoothness of the logo seems to be more uniform to the rest of the set.  But that's just me.  What do you guys think?

I was the one who suggested it, but I do agree with you. I like the orignal better, I was just letting you know that there are many different types of palm trees and I have just never seen one with that type of trunk. But the original does look better, and you do have my vote. ( I am assuming this oes go to a vote. Correct?)

Sorry I didn't credit you with the suggestion. I don't know why I typed eray, lol. I'm glad you suggested it because if I hadn't at least tried it I would've been wondering "oh man, would that look better?". Thanks a lot for your input and support.

Revised it again

TampaBay2.gif

Revised the pants on the alternate.

Still more advice

I think your wordmark should say "Tampa Bay" rather than just "Tampa". Everything else uses Tampa Bay in your concept. Also, the font for the player's name looks out of place when it is bigger than the font of the team name, IMO.

Mark 4. In this version, more 200-200-200 gray (less 128-128-128 gray). Fixed wordmark on the Alternate. Changed outlines on home and road unis. Added BP Jersey.

TiburonesMark4.jpg

To me, Tiburones sounds better than Tiburons. Would it be a decent compromise to call them "Los Tiburones de Tampa Bay," or are we ready for that?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived