A Ray of Hope: The Tampa Bay Baseball Overhaul

pooter

In concert with logodawg86, we have partnered up to announce the following contest approved by ZoneRanger.

tampachall.png

(Logo by logodawg86.)

Since there has been so much discussion about how lousy the Tampa Bay Devil Rays name is and uniforms look, we present a contest for a new makeover, completely and totally.

The contest consists of that all that the designer has to start with is the concept of starting over. They can change the city, name, jerseys, word marks, colors, etc., etc., etc., as long as they stay in Hillsborough or Pinellas County.

They can be called Tampa, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sunshine State, Gulf Coast, yada, yada, yada. If you want to stick with Devil Rays, that?s OK, but if you want to call them the Snowbirds, Sandbaggers, Tarpons, whatever, that?s OK too. This is your team and they can design them the way that you want them to be.

Now comes the rules part:

We are strongly suggesting that all of the entries for the jerseys, pants and hats will be done on a single, common template that are all sized the same. It might be fairer that way.

The template that we are suggesting is:

zoxg.gif

I don?t know whose template it is, and I hope that we are allowed to use it. If there are any objections, please let us know in a PM, but I am sure that the end will justify the means.

Submit your entry (name, logos, secondary logos, wordmarks, colors, and uniforms [reg, alts & bp if you want], jackets, etc.) in this thread.

One entry per CCSLC member will be allowed.

When it comes time for voting, it?s going to be voted on in a locked poll where nobody can politic for their work, except in the forum where they posted. The poll forum will be away from the posting forum so they are less likely to be swayed and people will stop begging for votes. Then, it will be done in the 1st-3 pts, 2nd- 2 pts, 3rd ? 1 pt, voting and then whittled down to the Top 3 finalists.

Now comes the fun part:

Since I am a resident of the Tampa Bay area with Rays season tickets, I will print out the top 3 winners submissions, take them to Kinko?s and have them done up right. I will personally, hand deliver the top 3 winning submissions to the Rays new owner Stuart Sternberg. They will have the names of the winners, addresses and what website they came from. I know that they probably can?t/won?t use them, but at least it will give him some good ideas and the winners will get the obligatory sig and knowing that their design was given to the owner himself.

Since the Rays have to notify MLB of their intentions by March 31st, and then have the designs by May 31st, the dates for the contest will run like this:

SUBMISSIONS AND VOTING

(All times are from the Eastern Time Zone.)

Contest starts/Entries accepted: February 10, 2006 12:01 AM

Contest ends: March 5, 2006 11:59 PM

1st Round Voting Starts: March 6, 2006 12:01 AM

(This will be the poll voting)

1st Round Voting Ends: March 12, 2006 11:59 PM

2nd Round Voting Starts: March 15, 2005 12:01 AM

(This is the 1st-3 pts, 2nd- 2 pts, 3rd ? 1 pt voting.)

2nd Round Voting Ends: March 22, 2006 11:59 PM

Final Contestants Announced: March 25th, 2005

**CAN I GET A STICKY?**

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll see if i can enter.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Do we have to use that template, or is that just a suggestion? Also, where/how do you send your concept directly to the team?

I might be able to put something together. I'm deifintely interested, but with having a classes and a concussion right now, I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Do we have to use that template, or is that just a suggestion? 

You send it to the Devil Rays at Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida. Then it probably goes to some PR guy who writes you a nice letter of thanks.

These will be given to the owner personally, from my hands to his.

Also, where/how do you send your concept directly to the team?

Well, no you don't have to use that template. But we are strongly suggesting that you do. This is because when it is presented, all of the designs are on a common template for a better presentation. And that is what it is all about, presentation. And just being really honest, some people do great work, but put it on a crappy template and it brings the presentation way down.

If you have a better template, PM me with it and we will take a look at it.

i might enter, but i'll never win. but it would be sooooo cool to see someone's design created here used in real life!!!!

See: Manitoba Moose Alternate

Correction:

Manitoba Moose. The alternate is the main logo now I believe.

Do we have to use that template, or is that just a suggestion? 

You send it to the Devil Rays at Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida. Then it probably goes to some PR guy who writes you a nice letter of thanks.

These will be given to the owner personally, from my hands to his.

Also, where/how do you send your concept directly to the team?

Well, no you don't have to use that template. But we are strongly suggesting that you do. This is because when it is presented, all of the designs are on a common template for a better presentation. And that is what it is all about, presentation. And just being really honest, some people do great work, but put it on a crappy template and it brings the presentation way down.

If you have a better template, PM me with it and we will take a look at it.

The template I was going to use is the one AAO used.

I might have to converse with pooter, but the template used by AAO is OK with me.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived