A Ray of Hope: The Tampa Bay Baseball Overhaul

pooter

SChelmetproject: i like your name, wordmark, colors, and logos, but the jerseys aren't really complete to me. the home one is good, but i just think the away one needs to be tweaked.get rid of the vest, or vest look in the away. use the pinstripes on the away also, they work with the vertical look of the primary logo. the BP one is the best of the 3 in my opinion, but i wanna see a little more white in the jersey, just a little. nice work.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wilson: excellent concept. i completely agree that they should stick with rays but alter the interpretation of the team name. even going with something like the sun rays would be cool, i think. i like the colors, though i would personally go with just yellow/white. but i think the sun logo itself could be embellished and just tweaked a little bit. maybe something a little more busy perhaps? maybe along the lines of this...

http://www.lightsourcegroup.com/_borders/Sun%20Logo.gif

or something like what the hagerstown suns use...

http://web.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0005/8649/brand.gif

anyway, great concept. i'm just throwing out ideas because i've been waiting for someone to do a conept like this and i have no cool imaging programs on my computer.

You may have seen the working process of this in a previous thread. I starting working this concept about a year ago and luckily they're now looking for a change. I sent a previous draft to the front office, but only heard back from a PR guy. I kept the name Tampa Bay Rays and stuck with the fish mascot, but changing the look to a more traditional and classic design.

TBcontestentry.gif

You may have seen the working process of this in a previous thread. I starting working this concept about a year ago and luckily they're now looking for a change. I sent a previous draft to the front office, but only heard back from a PR guy. I kept the name Tampa Bay Rays and stuck with the fish mascot, but changing the look to a more traditional and classic design.

TBcontestentry.gif

Just a comment: I really like your primary logo, but it seems like the word "RAYS" and the tailswoop get merged. Any way to differentiate the two would be a plus in my book. Also, I feel that the home jersey gives me too much of a Yankees vibe, what would the home jersey look like with the "RAYS" script?

Just a comment:  I really like your primary logo, but it seems like the word "RAYS" and the tailswoop get merged.  Any way to differentiate the two would be a plus in my book.  Also, I feel that the home jersey gives me too much of a Yankees vibe, what would the home jersey look like with the "RAYS" script?

NOOOOO!!!!!!!Keep the home jersey the way it is. I don't see any Yankee vibe, if anything maybe the Tigers, but there big enough differences that it doesn't matter.

I do agree about sperating the ray tail and "RAYS"

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

So am I understanding correctly that we can take C&C in here and work on our concepts?

Yes, you may change your entry up to the deadline, however you cannot post your entry in a different thread before entering. (With some exceptions, e.i. you posted before the contest was announced.)

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Here's the 3rd concept of a bird for the contest. I went with the pelican because it's on the St. Pete flag. I kept it Tampa Bay just for traditional purposes.

EDIT/UPDATE: I added shoulder patches

Concept moved/updated...it's on the 5th page now

I think that is a good idea and concept as long as there aren't any upper management that graduated from FSU or UF- in that case, they would hate it.

I actually thought about that. I originally had the green color as turquoise, but I really don't like that color, so I just made it darker and I iked how it turned out.

There are some really sweet entries. I'll keep my opinions to myself till after the voting.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL ARTWORK!!!!!

I will need to contact the winners so you can e-mail me the design so I can have it done for the proper presentation, sized correctly, correct colors, etc.

I decided to do an entry.

I also liked the idea of a team from the Flordia Area being called the Sharks. So thats what I decided to name the team. Please try to realize I used paint, so the hat logo isn't as nice I'd like for it to be. Also, because of paint, the logos on the hat and shoulders are a little bigger than I'd like for them to be. However if I made them any smaller they would have been distorted. Well here it is:

TampaBaySharksConcept.png

Here's my go at it.

A disclaimer.

I like the name Dragons, but can't draw them, so I've used a clip art dragon.

If this disqualifies me, so be it.

Also. I don't have the vector version of the preferred template, so I've used the one available. If you can direct me to a version of it, I will use that one.

As for the colours, I wanted to use a similar but different Sea Green, so this is a lighter shade. I've used Maroon to make them different from the Marlins.

Tampa-Bay-Dragons.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'm not entering, but if I did, I would rename them (and do the concept for) the Tampico Stogies. (Bonus points to those who know that reference.)

Wm Peterson from CSI played star player and manager, Stud' Cantrell in the movie Long Gone. But isn't Tampico in Mexico?

Archived