A Ray of Hope: The Tampa Bay Baseball Overhaul

pooter

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shumway, I really liked the blue and yellow. I think it's underused in baseball. I know I'm probably wrong, but off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who uses them both.

Nobody used blue and yellow right now off the top of my head either except that Milwaukee's bringing back the ball and glove uniforms. I'm working with the colors now, I'm sticking with the yellow, and right now I have it back to the dark green, but the blue and turquoise are still options.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please tell me. Thanks.

Updated road uniforms from previous post.

I tried to develop a concept that is classic and simplistic, similar to the Dodgers and Cardinals, with a colour scheme that is currently not in use by any other MLB club.

TampaBayRays-FinalUniforms.png

It looks good, but traditionally, a road uniform says the city name.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Went back to dark teal and yellow, put together a new wordmark. I unified everything with the double outline. I arched the names on the jerseys. I think that's all I changed. I'm still playing with the colors, but I like the dark teal and yellow look.

PelicansUnis.gif

Shumway, I gotta say it, I've enjoyed watching your pelicans concept progress.

I just came up with something you might consider down to the wire. I really like the new wordmark, but it looks rather out of balance. Did you think about moving the sun to balance it?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Shumway, I gotta say it, I've enjoyed watching your pelicans concept progress.

I just came up with something you might consider down to the wire. I really like the new wordmark, but it looks rather out of balance. Did you think about moving the sun to balance it?

I thought about moving it to the left, but it just looks awkard. I might try moving the bird above the "Tampa Bay".

Remember folks, the contest ends Saturday night at midnight.

I must say, that there has been a great turnout of work in this contest.

Actually, according to the first post in the thread, the contest ends Sunday night at 11:59 pm.

I, for one, might need those extra couple of hours.

20082614447.png

!!!HELP!!! Could someone please answer my question??? When I uploaded my images to PhotoBucket the colors changed quite a bit. It seems to darken all of my image that I upload there. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks

williemayssigcopy.png

Here is my entry, the Gulf Coast Tropics.

I had the following things in mind:

1. Create a more regional identity as part of a strategy to reach fans across the Gulf region and in the Caribbean.

2. Use distinctive colors (particularly relative to the AL East, but preferably unique in MLB) with a coastal vibe.

3. In case the effort to grow a regional fan base doesn't pay off, at least appeal to Parrotheads. They're an untapped sports market with extraordinarily high brand loyalty and an impressive financial profile.

4. Challenge myself to make a custom-font wordmark that works without an arch or an underlined tilt and yet retains some dynamism.

"Trops baseball: Catch the wave!" or maybe, "Gulf Coast baseball fans, welcome to the Tropics."

tropics-identity.png

tropics-home.png

tropics-road.png

tropics-bp.png

20082614447.png

that logo is really neat for the tropics, but it almost seems more appropriate for hockey...I don't know why, but when I saw it I thought "hockey"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really like your color scheme, and the name, but that cap logo is really tough to decipher at first, and "Gulf Coast," though technically accurate, is semantically wrong as most people associate the "gulf coast" with New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, that neck of the woods to the north. I see "Gulf Coast Tropics" and I'm picturing Gulf Shores, Alabama, not Tampa Bay. I've never bought into the theory that a vague location makes a team more appealing, because most people understand that teams are named after the city in which they reside. So maybe Tampa Bay Tropics? St. Petersburg Tropics?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really like your color scheme, and the name, but that cap logo is really tough to decipher at first, and "Gulf Coast," though technically accurate, is semantically wrong as most people associate the "gulf coast" with New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, that neck of the woods to the north. I see "Gulf Coast Tropics" and I'm picturing Gulf Shores, Alabama, not Tampa Bay. I've never bought into the theory that a vague location makes a team more appealing, because most people understand that teams are named after the city in which they reside. So maybe Tampa Bay Tropics? St. Petersburg Tropics?

Not to pile on, but no part of Florida lies in the tropics:

6668wn.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

tropical:

Meaning #3: of weather or climate; hot and humid as in the tropics

Synonym: tropic

tampa weather IS tropical, even if it is not located in the "tropics"

tampa is located on the coast of the gulf of mexico, so it is a gulf coast city.

gulf coast tropics sounds about right to me.

and your sg logo is awesome, bust part of the package. i would work off of that for your wordmark logo.

footer_helmet.gif

Archived