XX Winter Olympics in Torino

Roger Clemente

Well, the opening ceremonies are well underway, but I am surprised that they are using contemporary music as a soundtrack. They were playing "Funkytown". They played that recent version of "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" and now they are playing "I Just Can't Get Enough". Looks nice though.

I like how it's Peter Mansbridge and Brian Williams calling the action for CBC. A well hit combonation if ever there was one.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love NBC doing the tape-delay thing...ah well, at least it gives us working stiffs a chance to actually watch, even when you have Bob Costas & Katie Couric talking over everything or explaining some of the stuff someone with half a brain would know :)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The tape-delay doesn't bother me this year because the All-Star Tournament will be live and that's the only thing I will watch.

I hope NBC does do a good job of promoting the NHL during it meaning mentioning what teams each player plays on and stuff. The last thing the NHL needs is NBC not to mention the NHL at all like previous olympics. And it's already worrying me when I hear something like Matin Brodeur of Team Canada instead of Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils who will be playing for Canada. I have heard that on other media outlines and it hurts the league promotion. After all these are the NHL's players. Hopefully since NBC is tv partners with the NHL the league will get some press (And I mean good press). Although it is the risk the NHL takes by having something without their name on it. Afterall it's not just the league that needs the promotion it is the individual teams.

Gotta love NBC doing the tape-delay thing...ah well, at least it gives us working stiffs a chance to actually watch, even when you have Bob Costas & Katie Couric talking over everything or explaining some of the stuff someone with half a brain would know :)

I would like to see the NBC Brian Williams do the Opening Ceremony. Then I can compare the two Brian Williamses simultaneously :) Oh, that was a cool cauldron lighting. zer0, I think it's five cigarettes, not four.

I saw, I came, I left.

But first, something even more riveting than the opening ceremonies.

The Downhill practice runs.

Not the real competition...

PRACTICE.

I don't know which is worse, that they're actually showing it, or that they're actually keeping track of who has the fastest time. :cursing:

NBC sucks at life.

philly.png

I would like to see the NBC Brian Williams do the Opening Ceremony. Then I can compare the two Brian Williamses simultaneously :)
But they have to shoot Brian WIlliams...I can't take much more of him

... Then toss him into the ocean?

That'd be a great way to compare both Brian Williamses!

6uXNWAo.png

But they have to shoot Brian WIlliams...I can't take much more of him

Sure you can. :P

Sir, dare I say your avatar and member title are well hit. An excellently played move, my freind.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

With only 2 skaters left, and American Chad Hedrick currently in 1st (finished 2 hundredths of a second off of the Olympic record), the United States has locked up it's first medal of these Olympic Games.

Event= 5000m mens Speed Skating

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

With only 2 skaters left, and American Chad Hedrick currently in 1st (finished 2 hundredths of a second off of the Olympic record), the United States has locked up it's first medal of these Olympic Games.

Event= 5000m mens Speed Skating

This just in: it's a gold! :flagusa::winner: Good work Hedrick; have a gold donut! :)

I saw, I came, I left.

But first, something even more riveting than the opening ceremonies.

The Downhill practice runs.

Not the real competition...

PRACTICE.

I don't know which is worse, that they're actually showing it, or that they're actually keeping track of who has the fastest time.  :cursing:

The United States was determing the last two spots on their downhill team with the times turned in for the practice runs. That's why NBC was showing them.

Archived