Canaian olympic outfits....

Akuma

So far you are. Who made them. US ones are made by Canadian company - Roots.

The Hudsons Bay Company (who made our outfits long ago, and are the oldest company in North America) are now making them for the next couple olympics (mainly because they can "appeal" more to the less "snobby" Canadians because Roots is seen as "Too highend"). I loved what Roots did for our outfits for the last few years, and now we get some crap from Hudsons Bay just because they have a larger out-reach accross Canada?

I loved what Roots had done for us, and its a shame they wont be able to for the next decade...but enjoy your outfits USA and Great Britain, because you guys are wearing the best outfits made by the best company to come out of Canada in a long time (even though the creators are both from Detroit...). I love Roots, and I honestly felt really bad when I found out they wouldnt be outfitting us again for a long time...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What's with people not understanding the meaning of WORSE these days?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

And it was capitalized, no less.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Man whats rong with what Canada is wearing.. That is actually normal for us canadains to see wearing, and those hats they have , is probally something that you would see on someones head in canada.

Speak for yourself.

I wear a Columbia jacket and a ballcap to school. These Olympians look like they're going out to wrestle the Yeti.

Didn't think two colours could be so garish.

Goyette_58252.jpg

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Heck, I liked the Canadians' apparel better than the U.S. apparel.

I would give both the US and Canada an average in those apparels. To me both jackets are nice, it's the hats that bother me. But those Germans in those neon colours? whoa!

I saw, I came, I left.

Goyette_58252.jpg

With those white coats on, I vote that they look like apprentices in the butcher shop going into the freezer to get a side of beef.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The best ceremony uniforms I've ever seen were when Roots did the First Varsity jackets for Canada in Nagano '98. Those were just unbelieveable.

Don't forget the 2000 hockey jerseys designed by Roots. Those kicked ass.

I saw the Canadian stuff at The Bay. Ok stuff, but I saw th US stuff and it's soooo much better.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

OK, Here's my piece, :flagcanada:

With Roots, they tried to make the Canucks look stylish on a huge international stage and was successful in the process. While judging by the outfits made by HBC, Canadians live in igloos, eat fried blubber & have poplar bears as pets. It also doesn't help that HBC brings the cheap effect to the collection by using a plain font and poor design ideas.

P.S. Sorry for misspelling Canadian

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

OK, Here's my piece, :flagcanada:

With Roots, they tried to make the Canucks look stylish on a huge international stage and was successful in the process. While judging by the outfits made by HBC, Canadians live in igloos, eat fried blubber & have poplar bears as pets. It also doesn't help that HBC brings the cheap effect to the collection by using a plain font and poor design ideas.

P.S. Sorry for misspelling Canadian

I just looked at the back of the latest Hockey News where they have a whole ad for the Roots USA gear...and I cried a tear wishing we had clothing that looked that good. What was the COC thinking when they passed the torch from a thriving hip company to one who still thinks its the 1800's...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

hopefully the mens hockey team for canada has more red and less black too.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived