2006 World Series logos

HurricaneDavid

I like them. The colors are better, and it looks like they're sticking to some kind of similarities finally. For awhile they were jumping from design to design. I liked teh 1982, 1997, and 2003 logos...no bias or anything though hehe!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They are ok, pretty "meh", but definitely better than last year. I like the first alternate the best, especially vs. the main logo. The colors are better, but I don't like the light blue because its too bright and it draws my attention right to it and away from the rest of the logo. Maybe if it were just a slightly darker shade it might work better for me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like them. I'm thinking we'll see the second alternate used as the patch on the uniforms. Personally, I'd like to see the primary logo in a square patch on the unis.

I agree completely. Also, if they HAVE to go with a patch on the hats, I hope it's the 2nd alt one, and not too damn big. I think the logo they used on the 2005 hats was too obtrusive.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

As I said when I saw the 2005 version for the first time, those are going to look great on the sleeves of White Sox jerseys. Who knew I would actually get to see that?

I actually didn't like the 05 logos much to begin with, mostly because of the colors. However, I have seen it so much that it really grew on me. I wished they would have kept the same design and changed the colors. This year's logos are REALLY bad in my opinion.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm not feeling them. They don't have much of a baseball feel to them. 2005 may have had a different color scheme, but it felt like a baseball logo. This is just a very deflated globe with the MLB logo on it.

Has a slight "Super Bowl XXXVI Logo A" vibe to it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

You can't really go wrong with something this simple, so at leas they are very successful from a visual standpoint. I definitely like the two alternates better than the primary. The box shape of the prmary just isn't doing it. The arched words say 'baseball' to me much more effectively. I'd like to see the center alternate as the primary and the bottom alternate as the hat logo. I noticed that the letters 'WS06' appear wider and possibly thicker than the characters '2006' when occupying that space. The globe is smaller relative to tex in the bottom alternate as well. I like the globe being smaller relative to the text, but I think it would be better to have the text width and weight proprtional in the two alternates.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived