WLAF Orlando

cyandlux

This logo is, how you say, "too schlongy."

Seriously, dude, look what you did with that nose.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wouldn't have thought of "schlongy" until Sodboy said it, but I definitely thought the horse head was missing something. I think it just needs more detail.

I'm also not sold on the colors on this one. I think the gray (at least it looks gray on my monitor) should be changed to something brighter. Maybe a Vegas gold or, it you want to stay with a more muted scheme, a champagne would work.

EDIT -- Damn! Gordie beat me to it on the color issue.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The head needs more definition. But then it would be a rip off of the Baltimore Stallions who were then ripped off by the Denver Broncos. Steeds is a unique name try to go with a more unique representation of a horse. The colors are cool but you need to make one lighter so it will "pop". Oh and when did the Orange Bowl move to Orlando? :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I used the name Steeds for a Madden league--I wonder why it isn't used more often.

It's a strong sound, and means a spirited horse--it's a great name.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I thin the stadium name should say "Citrus Bowl" and not "Orange Bowl" because the Orange Bowl is actually in Miami.

i'm in orlando. yeah, it's the citrus bowl.

and ucf won't be playing there anymore. they need their own stadium on campus.

It was a joke, I know they aren't the same thing. I messed up.

Anyway bump for C&C.....does the closest hind leg look as if it is still on the ground. I think thats one of the problems.

I was gonna say use a clydesdale until someone else posted it first....

roxstarmedia , can I get a copy of that Armadillo logo on your sig? It is way cool man. As you can see in my sig, I have an armadillo helmet. I used it in my fantasy football league last year and like your armadillo logo better. Did you design it yourself, or is it a creation of someone else?

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 2 weeks later...

there is something off with the back leg which is in the background...i can't put my finger on it...maybe it looks longer than the front one...i'm not sure, but it just doesn't look entirely right - sorry i can't be more helpful other than to say keep working on it, 'cause i don't think you're quite there (but you're close)

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived