NHL In-Arena Goal Celebrations

LoligerBS

At the home of my Buffalo Sabres, whenever they score a goal there is the traditional goal horn, or course: (A whole bunch of em are available here: http://www.2khockey.net/forums/index.php?s...opic=7762&st=0/ )

Also, we have four Buffalo Head logos on the jumbotron, and whenever the Sabres score, smoke comes out of thier noses - its pretty cool.

What do other NHL teams have that make their goal celebrations unique - - dont the thrashers have a fire bretathing bird or something?

What else do you know of?

The Flyers upgraded this year and got a boat horn that rattles your innards after a goal (not a lot of innard-rattling going on these days... :cry:). But their old horn was muy crappy. They don't do much else.

Don't the Flames do something cool with fire shooting out of the scoreboard?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The worst is Tampa. It's just a traditional goal horn but it is so loud. Of course the sound system is so loud that when they play music you can't talk to the person next to you. It really ruins the experience of going to the game.

New Jersey isn't bad. Again just a traditional goal horn but you can hear it and still talk to the person next to you.

Didnt i post a topic exactly like this a while ago with the same link?

Hmm... interesting.

Anyways, the Pittsburgh horn can get loud depending on where you sit, however, we dont have any special "woo"s or anything. But the way the announcer always says, "Aaaa Pittsburgh Goal!!" can be considered his special thing. But im sure alot of announcers do that. Also the way he says the players names.

Rrrrrrrrecchi

Crrrrrosbyyyyyy

Ooooulett

Espiecially the way he'd say, Lemieuuuuuuuux, Zzzzzzziggy Pallfy, and Rrrrrrrrico Fata when they used to play for us, but, i think alot of announcers do that to players. But its sorta funny before the game when he rolls the r of the goal judge's last name. David Rrrrrrrruski {i think thats how you spell it}.

oBIgzrL.png

Hmm... interesting.

Propbaby... but you also are convinced that 1960 was the only time a world series ended on a home run

Thats what I heard. If it isnt which one(s) did? And i mean the last play of the game.

oBIgzrL.png

Hmm... interesting.

Propbaby... but you also are convinced that 1960 was the only time a world series ended on a home run

Thats what I heard. If it isnt which one(s) did? And i mean the last play of the game.

You've never heard of Joe Carter?

The Flyers upgraded this year and got a boat horn that rattles your innards after a goal (not a lot of innard-rattling going on these days... :cry:). But their old horn was muy crappy. They don't do much else.

Don't the Flames do something cool with fire shooting out of the scoreboard?

Actually, I loved the old horn, especially with the RRP2 (the song that goes Hey!). Listen to it on the 2khockey.net/forums link the first post provided (good site to go to for gflamesg's goal horns, use them myself). I didn't like the new horn at first, because it was like a lot of other teams' horns (TB, LA, STL, CBJ, etc.). But when I went to a game with the new horn, I liked how loud it was. 140 db, beyond the threshold of pain. Apparently, it was so loud that one guy working at Lincoln Financial Field across the street could hear it one Saturday afternoon game. :hockeysmiley:

Cool site - thanks for sharing it. B)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I'm pretty biased, but the body-shalking, eight second goal-horn at the United Center, followed by Here Come the Hawks and then Rock & Roll Part II is awesome.

The horn seems really loud this year, since nobody goes to non-Detroit games.

The Wild set off loud fog horn blasts from a replica fog light in the upper corner of the arena and shoot "fog" from out of the fog light housing.

My two year old thought the building was on fire when he saw the smoke coming out. ^_^

http://www.wild.com/fans/GoalHorn.asp

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hmm... interesting.

You've never heard of Joe Carter?

Alright, so im wrong. BUT...

Mazeroski's homerun was the only game 7 to be won on a home run.

Also it was won against the yankees.

Think about it... The yankees v.s. the pirates

N.Y. was hevily favored.

You can call it the baseball miracle on ice.

Its one of the greatest moments in Pirates history.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived