Former nations hockey concepts

IceCap

since your doing the Rep of Texas, i wonder if you plan on doing the Confederate States of America, granted it was only around for about 4 years. 

i don't know if this would count, the 13 Colonies pre revolutionary war.

No, I won't be doing the original 13 colonies. They were part of the British empire. As for the CSA, no I won't. Many hate groups who preach hatred towards Jews use the Confederate flag as a symbol.

Well you did a set for the Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire and they did more than just preach hatred towards the Jews. Why the double standard?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since your doing the Rep of Texas, i wonder if you plan on doing the Confederate States of America, granted it was only around for about 4 years. 

No, I won't be doing the original 13 colonies. They were part of the British empire. As for the CSA, no I won't. Many hate groups who preach hatred towards Jews use the Confederate flag as a symbol.

Well you did a set for the Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire and they did more than just preach hatred towards the Jews. Why the double standard?

especially since the Ottoman Empire used the Crescent which is a muslim symbol and used by those are preaching the worst type of rhetoric against christians and jews not seen since the 1940's.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

There's no double standard. I did Imperial Rome and the Ottoman Empire because the emblems of those countries are not seen as offensive today. Yes, Imperial Rome did conquer Israel, pay off the Jewish leaders (one of which I am decended from ^_^ ) and fianlly expel the Jews from Isreal. But honestly, if I was going to omit nations that opressed my people, then I would be serverly limiting this project.

My decision not to do the CSA has nothing to do with how they treated Jews. Infact Jews were treated just as good, or better in the CSA then the Union. Infact there are well documented reports that General Grant was anti-Semetic, and ordered that all Jews his armies come across be arrested for treason. Lincoln overturned him on that one.

My decision to omit the CSA has everything to do with how the symbols of the CSA are used today. Do some southerners see them as just symbols of southern pride? Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the fact remains that groups like Neo-Nazis and the KKK use the CSA flag as a symbol of hate today, with my people being of their targets. Like I said, it all has to do with how the symbol is precieved today.

Oh, and actually the Ottoman Empire was actaully very tolernat of Jews. The whole Jews vs Muslims thing only goes back to the 1940's. Traditionaly Muslims and Jews have been very close. Under Ottoman rule Jews were allowed to have local control over their communities, and were allowed to return to Israel after being expelled from Rome.

especially since the Ottoman Empire used the Crescent which is a muslim symbol and used by those are preaching the worst type of rhetoric against christians and jews not seen since the 1940's.

The cresnet/star isn't seen as an anti-Jewish symbol, just as a Muslim symbol. Actaully, many extreme Muslim groups that preach hate don't use the cresent/star, they use various other Muslim symbols.

interestingly enough, groups like the Sons of Confederate Veterans have confronted these hate groups for abuse of the battle flag.

Good for them. If some ass-hole group used a symbol I found pride in as a hate symbol I would be pissed.

There's no double standard. I did Imperial Rome and the Ottoman Empire because the emblems of those countries are not seen as offensive today. Yes, Imperial Rome did conquer Israel, pay off the Jewish leaders (one of which I am decended from ^_^ ) and fianlly expel the Jews from Isreal. But honestly, if I was going to omit nations that opressed my people, then I would be serverly limiting this project.

My decision not to do the CSA has nothing to do with how they treated Jews. Infact Jews were treated just as good, or better in the CSA then the Union. Infact there are well documented reports that General Grant was anti-Semetic, and ordered that all Jews his armies come across be arrested for treason. Lincoln overturned him on that one.

My decision to omit the CSA has everything to do with how the symbols of the CSA are used today. Do some southerners see them as just symbols of southern pride? Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the fact remains that groups like Neo-Nazis and the KKK use the CSA flag as a symbol of hate today, with my people being of their targets. Like I said, it all has to do with how the symbol is precieved today.

Oh, and actually the Ottoman Empire was actaully very tolernat of Jews. The whole Jews vs Muslims thing only goes back to the 1940's. Traditionaly Muslims and Jews have been very close. Under Ottoman rule Jews were allowed to have local control over their communities, and were allowed to return to Israel after being expelled from Rome.

The cresnet/star isn't seen as an anti-Jewish symbol, just as a Muslim symbol. Actaully, many extreme Muslim groups that preach hate don't use the cresent/star, they use various other Muslim symbols.

interestingly enough, groups like the Sons of Confederate Veterans have confronted these hate groups for abuse of the battle flag.

Good for them. If some ass-hole group used a symbol I found pride in as a hate symbol I would be pissed.

Fair enough.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Form...tries_in_Europe

Every former country in Europe. Hoping to see the Confederacy and Soviet Union.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Like I said I won't be doing the Confederacy, and I won't be doing the USSR because they actually had a hockey team.

Like I said I won't be doing the Confederacy, and I won't be doing the USSR because they actually had a hockey team.

Thats ok but i hope you enjoy the resource i have provided.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Kingdom of France, 428-1792, 1814-1830

Flag and uniform

KFflag.png

KFunis.png

Background

The Kingdom of France had origins dating back ot the fall of Rome. Shortly after Roman decline, the province of Gaul came under the contol of the native population, the Franks. Later, under Charlimaign, the Frankish empire dominated Europe. Aftert Charlimaign's death the empire was split in two, with the west becomming France and the east becomming the Holy Roman Empire.

Under the Merovingian dynasty the nobility of Paris came to unite all of France under one king. The French monarchy lasted until the French Revolution. At first the revolutionaries just wanted to establish a constitutional monarchy, but when the French King Louis XVI was caught trying to flee to the HRE he was tried for treason. He was found guilty, and the National Assembly (the leaders of teh revolution) declared France a republic. The new French Republic then decided tp build up some PR and they sent their armies to conquer their neighbors and esatablish republics. The most daring invasion was when a Franch general by the name of Napoleaon invaded Egypt. After success there he headed back to Paris and overthrew the republican government and decarled himself Emperor. The French Empire would last from 1804-1814.

After Napoleaon was eventually deafeated the victorious allies (Britain, Prussia, Austria, and Russia) restored the French royal family to the thrown, re-establishing the Kingdom of France. This lated through three more kings, Louis XVIII, Charles X, and Louis-Philiep I.

After Louis-Philiep was ousted, Napoleaon's nephew Louis Napoleon was elected President of the new French Republic. Three years later he established himself as the second Emperor of France until a united Germany toppled him in 1877. A new French Republic was founded which excisted until the Nazis occupied France in WWII. The French Republic that excisted after France was liberated has lasted ever since.

That is a nice one. Although I would have put 3 full flur de lis on the breezers not just 2 and a nub. Also I would love to see a dark version of this one. I have an idea for your next endevor. The 12 Tribes of Israel hockey concepts.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

A few I thought of...

Macedonia, Persian Empire, Babylon, Ancient Egyptian Empire, Scythia

A few Regions that acted like countries: Normandy, Burgundy and Anjous in France, Valencia in Spain, Saxony in Germany, Transylvania in Romania...

Tribes of people: Goths, Visigoths, Huns, Vikings, etc.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived