2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect the colour of that Livepool European kit will be more green in the flesh like some of their old adidas away kits from the early 90s (almost Carlsberg green). This has been suggested on a LFC forum I read by people who've seen the kits in the flesh (and reported before there were images).

Leverkusen breaking out the double-Libero with body coloured sleeves... its almost like a bad Starbucks coffee order.

I've yet to see a hummel kit that I like. If they could just leave the chevrons off occasionally they'd have some nice kits. Even adidas don't always use the three stripes.

liverpool-1.png

Say, where's that Spurs Champions League shirt again? :P

I love the custom of wearing the new kit on the last game of the season. A great little sneak-preview.

But EPL squads have a strange way of introducing new crests and shirts. When Chelsea won the League last year, all of their merchandise featured the new crest. The one they hadn't worn during the championship season. It'd be like the St. Louis Rams putting the navy and gold on all their Super Bowl stuff a couple years ago.

Similarly, Spurs unveiled their new crest months ago, and it's in full use by the club and the media. But they're still wearing the old one on the field, and still don't have any merchandise with the new one available (way to merchandise there, Brainiacs!).

Not to get too off topic, but:

thetable1gh.png

B)

The only thing better than seeing the Spurs fans crying was Big Dunc signing off with a goal. A true legend.

Also, zjac7 it is just Villa, as much as i hate them thats their name not the Villains

logo.png

Supposedly, ManUre is going back to putting "Manchester United Football Club" on the badge, instead of just "Manchester United."

I don't think this will happen. The reason they switched to Manchester United was to clean up the logo. The current badge they have is a recent change as is, 1995 I believe, changing it back to something that was considered cluttered doesn't make sense.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Similarly, Spurs unveiled their new crest months ago, and it's in full use by the club and the media. But they're still wearing the old one on the field, and still don't have any merchandise with the new one available

The reason for this is that Puma is outfitting the club next year and they don't take over the contract until June. Same for Chelsea and adidas. And I'm not surprised they didn't simply roll out new jerseys with a new crest during the season. Teams buy most of their kits at the beginning of the season and pretty much locked into those kits by the FA for the duration of the season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Similarly, Spurs unveiled their new crest months ago, and it's in full use by the club and the media.  But they're still wearing the old one on the field, and still don't have any merchandise with the new one available

The reason for this is that Puma is outfitting the club next year and they don't take over the contract until June. Same for Chelsea and adidas. And I'm not surprised they didn't simply roll out new jerseys with a new crest during the season. Teams buy most of their kits at the beginning of the season and pretty much locked into those kits by the FA for the duration of the season.

I heard somewhere that Tottenham hasn't unveiled new kits because they were holding out on a sponsorship deal. If they got into the Champions League, it could mean a better sponsorship.

Not sure if that's true, though. Just heard it somewhere.

Also, did Aston Villa unveil new home kits? I assume they would be powder blue.

Archived