2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sort of off topic...

im looking to purchase a long sleeve arsenal redcurrant jersey, and the only place i can find them in stock is worldsoccershop.com. i want to customize the jersey, and they offer "authentic lettering" for a small extra fee. they also give you the option of adding CL or PL badges. what are the chances of getting authentic arsenal CL lettering if i opt for the CL badge? anyone ever get a customized jersey from WSS?

thanks!

I wouldn't get it from them if I were you, they're very shady. I see some pictures there, for instance, the Celtic jersey, where it appears fake, with a White Nike Swoosh, rather than the authentic black.

And, no, usually, even if you get the Champions Leauge patches, you still usually get the Premier League numbers, at least from my experience.

And, they don't all have the option for patches, but here are some place I've gotten some of my Arsenal stuff, all which was authentic:

Subside Sports Arsenal Longsleeve,

The Onion Bag, a great American store, Arsenal Longsleeve

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Purely from a marketing standpoint, what Nike is doing is very clever. First off they are creating extra publicity by just airing the new proposals, love them or hate them.

Secondly, with such a radical changes in store for the teams mentioned to date, more people will buy them because they are quite different. If they were only changing an accent here, a bit of piping here, they wouldn't be as fresh and new and not such a great need to get the new shirt.

Lastly, they do run the risk of alienating fans, and harming sales. BUT fans will still support their team no matter what they wear.

sort of off topic...

im looking to purchase a long sleeve arsenal redcurrant jersey, and the only place i can find them in stock is worldsoccershop.com. i want to customize the jersey, and they offer "authentic lettering" for a small extra fee. they also give you the option of adding CL or PL badges. what are the chances of getting authentic arsenal CL lettering if i opt for the CL badge? anyone ever get a customized jersey from WSS?

thanks!

I wouldn't get it from them if I were you, they're very shady. I see some pictures there, for instance, the Celtic jersey, where it appears fake, with a White Nike Swoosh, rather than the authentic black.

And, no, usually, even if you get the Champions Leauge patches, you still usually get the Premier League numbers, at least from my experience.

And, they don't all have the option for patches, but here are some place I've gotten some of my Arsenal stuff, all which was authentic:

Subside Sports Arsenal Longsleeve,

The Onion Bag, a great American store, Arsenal Longsleeve

I've not had any experience with WSS, so I can't say. But my experience with Subside has been consistently outstanding.

WSS gives you Prem numbering on a CL shirt? That's terrible.

In the past, Arsenal used Prem numbering in the Champions League (the only difference is that the numbers didn't have the EPL logo on them). This year, they finally got unique CL numbers.

I love 'em - they fit in with the redcurrant shirt so much better than the EPL numbers do.

Arsenal shirt with Premier League numbers:

ArsHSSNo.14.0506c.jpg

Arsenal shirt with Champions League numbers:

ArsHSSCLNo.14.0506c.jpg

The CL numbers match the sponsor logo, which looks better to my eye.

As far as ordering goes, I've never had a problem with Subside. Once, they had an item go out of stock after I was able to order it online, but to make it up they gave me something like 15% off the rest of my order, which was substantial. Good customer service.

I also love the fact that you can order some older shirts from them. All in all, they're the ones I would recommend.

I used to buy from the Onion Bag when they had a shop on the Lower East Side, but haven't bought anything online from them. So I can't say.

*spam removed*

Did you have to do this on every thread?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived