Buffalo Sabres

Delux247

If they do I hope it looks like this

Sabers2006-07.jpg

Thanks River City Sports

That looks horrible.

I say stick with the jersey designs they currently have but implement the old colours, the new logo with the old jersey just doesn't fit with that Buffalo head, just my 2 cents. :)

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Something using the current alt logo would be ideal.

Gah! I hate hteir current alt. It's too bland and uninteresting. The only way I'd reccomend using their current alt would be to add a buffalo to it in some way, which I guess would make it look like their old logo... but still. Current alts, I just son't like.

Gah! I hate hteir current alt. It's too bland and uninteresting. The only way I'd reccomend using their current alt would be to add a buffalo to it in some way, which I guess would make it look like their old logo... but still. Current alts, I just son't like.

The current alt logo rules. Recoloured in gold and blue, it would be perfect. The current buffalo head logo just dosn't work for a team called the Sabers.

And here's more pitiful self promotion ^_^

NHLuniformsBS3.png

^^^

If the Sabers go with something like this, I'll be happy.

now that the NHL and Reebok are holding off on introducing the form fitting jersey, it remains unknown if they're going to still release new logos and color schemes for teams in the tradtitonal jersey silhouette. The Sabres will be going back to some variation of blue and gold, whether it's yellow gold or vegas gold is up in the air. One thing for certain is that the "goat head" as the franchise refers to it, will be retired probably along wth the current alt. logo. When they decide to

update it will be 1) a complete return to the original blue & gold or 2) a new blue & gold with a whole new set of logos and wordmarks.

On a local news sports show a few weeks ago in Buffalo, they interviewd the guy who was the head of merchandise for the team. The reporter basically said that there have been many fans clamoring for a return to the blue and gold, and the merchandise guy said that the team knew that, and that there would probably be news "in the coming months"...

And I agree with Icecap79 - we are the Buffalo SABRES. The original logo combined our city's name with the team name. It was perfect. Even our 3rd jersey is better that both buffalo head logos, because we are not the Buffalo Buffaloes. The team itself recognizes that. If you visit http://www.sabres.com you'll notice there is hardly any pics of the buffalo head logo. It is mostly the shoulder logo with the Sabre going through the B. If you ever catch the MSG feed of sabres game, they alwasy use the Sabre thruough the B as a bumper to and from commercials.

If i were to connect the dots, i'd say that the Buffalo head will be gone soon. And good riddance.

The current buffalo head logo just dosn't work for a team called the Sabers.

Okay, but what about for this team, the Buffalo Sabres?

:P

Wow. I feel stupid. :wacko:

It's expected of you, you are a Leafs fan :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The current buffalo head logo just dosn't work for a team called the Sabers.

Okay, but what about for this team, the Buffalo Sabres?

:P

Wow. I feel stupid. :wacko:

It's expected of you, you are a Leafs fan :P

You got that right, see "Toronto Maple Leafs"

Yeah - it's a pet peeve of Sabres fans. We get uber-mad when people misspell the team name.

As for the "new" blue and gold, I'm thinking something like this:

Darker, navy blue and Vegas gold would be good. I like the alternate logo (sabres crossing over a puck) as the main crest and keeping the "B" with the sabre through it as a shoulder logo.

In other words, what you've done with the jerseys, Icecap - but with the current alternate jersey's striping scheme. Use this scheme as the new alternate.

That's just my $0.02 USD worth.

The current alt logo rules. Recoloured in gold and blue, it would be perfect. The current buffalo head logo just dosn't work for a team called the Sabers.

And here's more pitiful self promotion ^_^

NHLuniformsBS3.png

^^^

If the Sabers go with something like this, I'll be happy.

thats an awesome concept, i think that would be perfect for the Sabres.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

we are not the Buffalo Buffaloes.

The Bills are not the Buffalo Buffaloes either, but their logo is. What the hell is a Bill anyway? It is clearly a word play on Buffalo Bill. They should therefore have a cowboy as their logo, or how about Bill Murray?

Why do all Buffalo sports teams have to incorporate the Buffalo into their logos in some way?

A) Bills--a buffalo on the helmet.

B) Sabres--a goathead buffalo on the sweater

C) Bison (IL-AAA)--same deal. more buffalo.

Enough buffalo.

Bring back the Whale!

Why do all Buffalo sports teams have to incorporate the Buffalo into their logos in some way?

Enough buffalo.

Probably the same reason all sports franchises in Texas have to incorporate the state flag into their identities.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Enough buffalo.

Maybe it's because Buffalonians are proud of their city. And plus, would anyone really buy any merchandise for the Buffalo Extremely Poorly Run, Ridiculously Mismanaged Rust Belt Disaster Stories?

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Archived