copying cocepts

Brendan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
earlyier a thread i had was shut down because i copyied a concept, but i recolloured it put a different logo on it, so what the big deal i think it should a new rule on the forum that if we see a concept we like we can copy it you just have to reclour it and fix it a bit.

Because that's plagarism... try that in school or real life and see how far you get.

If you want to use another members concept, ask them for permission first.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

earlyier a thread i had was shut down because i copyied a concept, but i recolloured it put a different logo on it, so whats the big deal i think it should a new rule on the forum that if we see a concept we like we can copy it you just have to reclour it and fix it a bit.

Like what these gentlemen have said, life doesn't work that way.

You do not gain anything from copying conecpts that other people made. You gain experience from trying out new ideas. You're lucky that Roger is a nice guy. I promise you that had you tried this garbage with someone else you'd be flamed six ways from Sunday for the rest of your time here.

Your mindset is very disturbing. There have been past instances where actual work done on this forum has been used {b}commercially (ie for profit) by people without permisson. It's stuff like this that prevents some of our most talented designers from posting concepts. People put alot of time into designing these, and the purpose ins't so that you can take them and recolour them, and claim them as your own.

earlyier a thread i had was shut down because i copyied a concept, but i recolloured it put a different logo on it, so whats the big deal i think it should a new rule on the forum that if we see a concept we like we can copy it you just have to reclour it and fix it a bit.

Sure that's a great idea...I'm going to borrow your idea and go online and get the paper I'm writing for Monday there and change a couple of the words around so it is "mine". <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, seriously what the hell is wrong with some people. I'd be pretty pissed if someone copied a concept of mine and tampered with it. It should just be common :censored:ing courtesy to respect someone's work and not claim it as your own. I know many of you are respectful of other people's work, but for those of you who aren't you should just go to hell.

Your mindset is very disturbing

i think saying that my mindest is disturbig might be going a little to far. but about the jersey i made, i thought of an idea and i like roger clementes stuff so i went to his website and saw a template i thought would work for my jersey so i used it i recolored it put a red wings logo on it i just dont think thats as bad as many people are making it seem but i guess im alone

Your mindset is very disturbing

i think saying that my mindest is disturbig might be going a little to far. but about the jersey i made, i thought of an idea and i like roger clementes stuff so i went to his website and saw a template i thought would work for my jersey so i used it i recolored it put a red wings logo on it i just dont think thats as bad as many people are making it seem but i guess im alone

Sure that's a great idea. Only problem is that if you try that in college you'll be lucky if all they do is expel you. If you do that in a job at best you'll get fired. At worst...well don't drop the soap, stay away from "Bubba", and I hope that orange is your color.

Seriously, stop now before you dig your hole any deeper.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i thought of an idea and i like roger clementes stuff so i went to his website and saw a template i thought would work for my jersey so i used it i recolored it put a red wings logo on it i just dont think thats as bad as many people are making it seem but i guess im alone

Thats pretty much the definition of plagerism. you'd get credit from us for at least mentioning where you pilfered the concept from, but to use it, not ask, and not credit the person who made it origonally, that's stealing

EDIT; I'm going add something so that I'm not taken the wrong way. Posting who's idea you've used dwon't make it anymore right than using it without credit.

even though i think some people are blowing this out of proportion i guess im wrong and this thread should just get graveyarded and next time ill try and do things myself

You guess you're wrong?

You don't even really know why you're apologizing, do you?

People aren't blowing anything out of proportion. You've admitted you're copying other people's concepts. And you were called out on it. That's not a concept at all. You're just making it a different color.

No one's just picking on you, either. You're not the first person to come here and recolor someone else's idea and claim it as your own. Every other person who's done it and got caught was called out. Or worse, they were banned from this site.

Don't claim age as a reason for your ignorance, either. There are others here around the same age as you who have made original concepts, without becoming pests in the process.

You have already been noticed by the owner of this site. It would be smart to follow his advice and come up with some original ideas instead of leeching off others if you want to stick around.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

even though i think some people are blowing this out of proportion i guess im wrong and this thread should just get graveyarded and next time ill try and do things myself

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, PRIVATE PYLE?

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

You guess you're wrong?

i do i used some one elses concept for 1 of my own i understand its bad but i think what i did is not as bad as some people are making it seem i changed the colour of the cocept changed the logo and made half the jersey red and the other half white a design i thought up by myself and i emailed roger clemente saying i was sorry so see iam apologizing for real

Don't claim age as a reason for your ignorance, either. There are others here around the same age as you who have made original concepts, without becoming pests in the process.

and i never once mentioned my age or used it in a argument so dont use that as a point

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, PRIVATE PYLE?

best comment ever!!!! :notworthy:

You guess you're wrong?

i do i used some one elses concept for 1 of my own i understand its bad but i think what i did is not as bad as some people are making it seem i changed the colour of the cocept changed the logo and made half the jersey red and the other half white a design i thought up by myself and i emailed roger clemente saying i was sorry so see iam apologizing for real

ITS...NOT...YOUR...BLEEPING...WORK!!!!! :cursing:

That's why its so bad.

Today, we are all otaku.

Take a lesson here buddy. Back when I started posting frequently here, I did something quite similar to what you've done. I took Avenger's Montreal Canadians idea for an alternate logo and changed it up quite a bit, and that it STILL wrong to do. Don't take other people's ideas, and especially don't take them then claim they are your own.

This is not being blown out of proportion, in fact you keep saying that and saying it's not a big deal makes it worse. Stop digging yourself a hole and then making it bigger and bigger everytime you say something.

Archived