Chargers concept

CheeseHusker

Here's an attempt to use both navy and powder blue in a Chargers concept. It might be a little too UCLA.

SanDiego.gif

I love the blue jersey but I'm not sure about the white. Also not sure about the helmet. Yes, I did try a powder blue facemask but it looked strange.

IMO this concept really works. it keeps the powder fans happy, while also keeping the team colors the way they are. it looks good, but the bolts on the pants look off to me, like they aren't small enough towards the ends, or the transition isnt gradual enough, something just looks off. maybe the bolts just look wierd straight. i dunno, the rest looks great, and i would love to see these on the field. i wouldnt but one, but take into consideration that the only football jersey i own is a jerry rice black raiders one. great concept.

I think you should maybe eliminate the dark blue due to the fact of the Dallas Cowboys effect(too many colors). I think on the home jersey, I think you should use white on the stripe behind the lighting bolt and on the away u should use the powder blue. On the pants you should change the home stripe behind the bolt to powder blue and the away pant stirpe should change to white with the away bolt should be yellow. Overall I like the concept idea and I agree with many other members on this board that the Chargers should go back to the powder blues. Good job. B)

maxmarketingsmalllogocopy2-1-1.jpg

The two problems with that, Maxweb, are that (1) removing navy would also remove the purpose of this concept and (2) even with the navy, it's nowhere near the color traumatization known as the Dallas Cowboys...

I like the concept in general, but the yellow seems a bit light, almost like butter rather than Charger yellow.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

IMO there is no big problems with this concept. Question are the home pants silver or white?? If they're silver change them to white or yellow. If they're white try a version with yellow. Also-Change the facemask to one of the three colors: Blue, Powder Blue, or yellow. And maybe some powder blue on the helmet. Other than that, great. If they were to start using these today I would be VERY happy.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not a bad concept, considering I prefer the current set to the retros. One small inconsistency is the use of a lt blue trim on the gold lightning bolt on the pants. Every where else has the gold lightning bolt trimmed in white.

I would forget about gold pants and use lt blue instead. Keep the gold to the bolt only.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Thanks for kind comments. I was seeing so much discussion on that other thread that I just had to try something. As long as I've been around, the Chargers have always had great uniforms. My favourites are actually the Fouts-era ones, but I think bringing them back now might date them a little bit.

Maybe I'll do a couple variations on this concept with some of your suggestions, see how it goes.

The pants are supposed to white - I usually put a slight gradient in just to make it look "shiny".

• 1 month later...

These are pretty good. I like the idea of the yellow pants but I think this combination probably wouldn't look good on TV and unfortunately that matters a lot in the NFL.

I'd go with a white helmet (without numbers) and your second variation. That'd be a great update for the Bolts.

mainescarf.png

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with the white helmet idea, maybe with a grey facemask and the bolt outlined in navy.

IMO, the yellow pants work far better than the powder blue would with the road uni. Not sure about the home one.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived